PC vs. Wii

I don't think there's been a thread of this nature and I think this question needs to be asked: PC or Wii?

I personally think the PC is much better because
1. $8.95 vs. $10.00
2. $10.00 off on Sam&Max
3. Free NotRD(Night of the Raving Dead) [Oct. only]
4. Season Pass upgrade with NotRD
5. Season Pass

In summation
$50 vs. $34.95
$19.95 vs. N/A
Free vs. N/A
$26.95 vs N/A

You end up with 16 games at $86.95 vs. 5 games at $50.00

Again this is just my opinion, feel free to think what you think.

Comments

• edited October 2008
    Wii, because I can't buy the PC version without a credit card.
  • edited October 2008
    I would have to agree with the PC version being "better." But of course, it's all a matter of opinion...
  • edited October 2008
    GaryCXJk wrote: »

Funny, I can't get the Wii version without one, either. It's called I refuse to pay a single cent higher for my Wii Points than I should have to - and since tax is involved with Wii Points cards, you are actually paying at least a dollar more for a 2000 point card than doing it via the Shop Channel.

That said, if I had thought about it before hand, I probably would have gotten the PC version. But I use my Wii so infrequently as it is now, that I figured I ought to at least get the Wii version to get some use out of it.
  • edited October 2008
    PC, because it seems to be free of all the glitches you hear about on the Wii version.
  • edited October 2008
    Yeah, and being a point-and-click game it's nice to be able to get your mouse from one side of the screen to the other without twisting your wrist all weird or waving your arms all around.
  • edited October 2008
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    I'm going to assume you're a kid without a bank account, otherwise PayPal would be a good option. It links to your bank account, and never accesses your credit card if you don't want it to.
    Funny, I can't get the Wii version without one, either. It's called I refuse to pay a single cent higher for my Wii Points than I should have to - and since tax is involved with Wii Points cards, you are actually paying at least a dollar more for a 2000 point card than doing it via the Shop Channel.

That said, if I had thought about it before hand, I probably would have gotten the PC version. But I use my Wii so infrequently as it is now, that I figured I ought to at least get the Wii version to get some use out of it.

It actually depends. I've actually bought discounted Wii and XBOX Live point cards in the past, because they were cheaper in the store(even with tax) than they would be digitally distributed. Though I do hate punching in those numbers, especially with that Wiimote...I wish they had a system like XBOX where you could enter the numbered codes online. x_x
    PC, because it seems to be free of all the glitches you hear about on the Wii version.

Don't worry, the PC version has its exclusive glitches too. Dissapearing eyes, anyone? =p

Anyway, I have the preference for the PC version. First of all, it's how I play my Sam and Max games.

Secondly, Telltale customer service...is something I would give ANYTHING for, and I would not easily be coaxed into trading that for Nintendo's.

Thirdly, the disc at the end of the season. Thirdly, getting my e-mail every month with the game download link for me.

Fourthly, getting to buy all 5 episodes at once and beforehand with the Season Pass.

Fifthly, a myriad of benefits of the PC platform as a whole.

Sixthly, no limited Snappy memory.
  • edited October 2008
    I totally agree with everything Rather Dashing just said, but disappearing eyes can sometimes look cool on certain characters, but it doesn't happen that often anyway.
  • edited October 2008
    But when it does happen, and when it doesn't go away, it can be so frustrating to the point that your immersion(yes, in a cartoony game) is broken. And that is the biggest problem I've had with the game so far.
  • edited October 2008
    PC. Because it's cheaper, easier, and my PC isn't in the living room, so I can laugh louder without someone telling me to shut up.
  • edited October 2008
    PC, mostly because I don't own a Wii...
  • edited October 2008
    PC cuz I dont have a Wii.
  • edited October 2008
    I've got it on PC, but I've played it on Wii. It was made for Wii. It's awesome on Wii. I bought it on PC, but that just because that's where all my games are.
  • edited October 2008
    I have it on my PC and Wii, for my Wii, the graphics are terrible, it looks bad, it glitches way to often, yes the PC has more bugs, but it's much better, I'd buy it on PC.. Which I have.
  • edited October 2008
    I would say the PC is better because of the money thing, but I prefer being able to relax on the couch versus sitting on a stiff chair in the basement.
  • edited October 2008
    I'm the opposite. I like being at my desk with the big monitor about a foot and a half from my face. More immersive for me (more so for FPS games with the headphones on than a game like this, but still prefer it that way).
  • edited October 2008
    ^ Is your eye sight going? I think you're sitting to close to the screen.
  • edited October 2008
    Considering I just played through Episode 3 and found NO glitches whatsoever, I'm inclined to say that either the PC version got all the bugs this time, or TTG got it right on the nose without a single incident.

Also, I don't know what difference you're seeing, because insofar as I know, both games look identical. Then again, I don't have an expensive moniter or an HD TV.
  • edited October 2008
    I have ep 1 and 2 for the Wii, but now I gotta buy ep3 on the PC since I can get free sam and max. I wish there was some special deals from TTG for Wii owners, I think its great that TTG is bringing back the long dead point and click adventure. Sam and Max is awesome, and strongbad translated better than I could have possibly imagined. I think the Wii is perfect for itI'd love to see a TTG Wiisclusive (point and click AND shake and turn kind of like Zak and Wiky was)
  • edited October 2008
    PC because of the price. although I cant get the full version because my mom thinks that if you buy something on the internet, people will steal you credit card # and give you viruses... *sigh*
  • edited October 2008
    You have no idea how often parents seem to think that. But that's what the little "Secure" symbol at the bottom means. That it is SECURE. It's a lot harder to actually have your credit card stolen these days than it was about 10 years ago when I had it happen to me.

Fortunately, my mother has more common sense than to fear everything she doesn't understand, so I was lucky when I was younger. :p Can't say the same thing now though. Gods she buys/rents some of the stupidest movies.
  • edited November 2008
    Pc pc! Realy! Pc!
  • edited November 2008
    Pc FTW
  • edited November 2008
    I vote the Wii, because it has motion control.
  • edited November 2008
    I guess the reason I don't really like the Wii version so much, apart from the cost issues, is cuz I sit really far away from my teevee so would it would take ages to click on stuff.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.