Strongbad on Wii Disc

Is there any chance of the first 5 Strongbad games being released on physical media for the Wii? (similar to Sam & Max Season 1).

I'd like to buy these games, but I want the "definitive" version without having to buy and rebuy.. imo, having it on a wii disc would be just that..

thanks

Comments

• edited October 2008
    yeah, like, the last episode could look and see if you have purchased all of the other episodes, and then generate a code you could give to Nintendo or Telltale to receive a disk. (Or just buy it again at retail like with Sam and Max Season 1)
  • edited October 2008
    You don't have to buy and re-buy; just get an SD card and store the old episodes on it for later consumption.
  • edited October 2008
    I hope they do, because retail = more sales = more strong bad players and more money for telltale = bigger budget for telltale games in the future. Everyone wins! ^_^
  • edited October 2008
    Yellowtail wrote: »
    I hope they do, because retail = more sales = more strong bad players and more money for telltale = bigger budget for telltale games in the future. Everyone wins! ^_^

Mehhh....

Companies can go bad when loads of money becomes a factor.

See: Corporate America

Specifically:

-LucasArts and Adventure Games, ratio of terrible/good/great Star Wars games made in-house.

-Maxis and Sims expansion saturation

-Bethesda and the general watering-down of true(Western) RPG elements of the Elder Scrolls series in Oblivion.
  • edited October 2008
    Quite true. That's one thing I'd be concerned about, especially if a company grows quickly it can become all about money and nothing else.
  • edited October 2008
    With an SBCG4AP Disc, it would mean a Scroll Button Song for the Wii!

Scroll Buttons and the Wii are together at last,
    Who knows that this friendship could have grown so fast?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    We'd like to do a Wii retail version, but as of right now there are no concrete plans to do so. My advice is to buy it now on PC or WiiWare rather than waiting for retail versions that may or may not come to pass. :)
    -Maxis and Sims expansion saturation

Eh? I love Maxis and their Sims expansions. Apartment Life is the best game purchase I made this year. :D
  • edited October 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Eh? I love Maxis and their Sims expansions. Apartment Life is the best game purchase I made this year. :D
    Haha, I *knew* somebody was going to have a point of contention with that one.

But I still have a personal issue consumer-wise with the idea of it. The original game had 7 expansion packs. Sims 2 has eight. Even at $10-20 per expansion pack, getting them all would more than double your initial game purchase.

Though, I suppose, with The Sims you can mostly pick and choose the themes you like. Still, this sort of model bugs me.

Now, I do not begrudge you for liking the Sims or its expansions. Not at all. But *I* disagree with that business model...because I'm broke. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.