Will loot be crossplatform?

I was wondering if loot would be able to transfer through different platforms because I use ps3 for Borderlands but I'm going to use pc for Tales (so I can get screenshots and such) and I can only handle playing a game so much on the computer before needing a break. It may sound silly but I just wanted to know if it was crossplatform.

Comments

• There will probably be no loot whatsoever if it follows the formula of other Telltale games.
  • It's been confirmed that loot will be in the game. Just how it is presented is another question. Whether it will be found, gained from QTE fighting, if it will have gun part generation (unlikely?). We just don't know. Considering loot sources in bl2 we must find chests at some point, boxes and lockers. Though I don't know if we will get to plough through dung piles all day. Telltale will there be dung??

But cross platform loot. That's a good question. Off the top of my head, considering we are not sure how this loot is going to be shared, I don't see Shift codes being given out on a PC version for the PS3. Can't even be sure that Shift will be used. The IP has been leased but would that tie in with Shift and even if codes were set aside for gear given in Tales, every one would have access to it as soon as it hit the web. I don't see the appeal in that for Gearbox or Telltale. So what's left? Some kind of save file recognition? Either way I'd lean towards no cross platform gear. Sorry OP. Really though, till they tell us I have no idea.
  • edited May 2014
    According to a few random articles I've read online, they say that "the loot you grab will be available to use in other areas of the Borderlands franchise". Pretty vague, though it sounds like they're just sticking to the Tales' game when it concerns the 'looting' portions. Maybe they'll surprise us later on by making the loot compatible through a 'scannable' qr code or something!

It would be most interesting.
  • i assume it'll follow the system of poker night 2.

which ever format you have TFTB on better be the same format you have all your borderlands games on.

and once you reach a certain 'criteria' you unlock stuff. so either by chapter (too easy) or by a 'choice' or even by dying..

also they probably haven't decided yet / in talks about it now.

According to a few random articles I've read online, they say that "the loot you grab will be available to use in other areas of the Borderl

• edited May 2014
    Yeah, that's right! I forgot about Poker Night 2! Thanks for bringing it up, Milo. Since you mentioned... it seems most likely they're going to go the 'new unlockable heads and skins' route again for Borderlands 2. Hopefully it will be more than that this time.

i assume it'll follow the system of poker night 2. which ever format you have TFTB on better be the same format you have all your borde

• can i get like then :P

pretty please :)

cherry optional :)

yeah i hope they add a gun/shield/relic type deal but something that's actually worth using, like an uber bee style thing that out does everything and ranks up with your character :)

probably dreaming too much on that one :)

Yeah, that's right! I forgot about Poker Night 2! Thanks for bringing it up, Milo. Since you mentioned... it seems most likely they're going

• edited May 2014
    Hmmm.

A like for you...

Shall I dare give a like to Milo? A ponderous moment for my brain, indeed.

Would I still do it? Even for all the Eridium bars and legendary weapon drops that plague the planet of Pandora?

Haha, just kidding there. I gave your reply a like, including your second one! ;) A worthwhile loot item would be sweet to have! (as you said) Something that would be very unique!

can i get like then :P pretty please :) cherry optional :) yeah i hope they add a gun/shield/relic type deal but something t

• two likes ?! now your spoiling me !!

:) cheers bro

Hmmm. A like for you... Shall I dare give a like to Milo? A ponderous moment for my brain, indeed. Would I still do it? Even

• aww i'll give you a like too.

can i get like then :P pretty please :) cherry optional :) yeah i hope they add a gun/shield/relic type deal but something t

• i feel special !

:P

yes the irony :)

thanks peeps
    angrykurd posted: »

aww i'll give you a like too.

• edited May 2014
    Hey, what about my like? Only joking, you don't have to. XP

aww i'll give you a like too.

• yeah exactly angry kurd where is his like ? hmmm ?

• I am so sorry that I forgot about you.

• No need to apologize, it's totally fine! It's not like I'm furious or anything, that would've been really silly of me if I actually did get mad about such a thing.

I am so sorry that I forgot about you.

• ElliasEllias Banned
    lol no never. If ttg can't do cross platforms now, they wont do it for "loot', whatever that means.

Pretty sure that wont be in this game regardless.
  • Don't forget Poker Night 2 had Borderlands items. That game handled the items by associating them with a Shift account.

I'm not too heavy into Borderlands so I do not know if a Shift account shares items across platforms or not. Either way, I imagine Tales from the Borderlands will handle it the same way Poker Night 2 did.
  • Anyone want to put cash money down on the chances for randomized SHiFT codes for BL2?

I would cackle like a banshee, and then weep like I was 10 and just skinned my knee.
  • I bet it will use that "Shift" system from Gearbox
  • edited May 2014
    Just a thought...

but since This game is coming out later this year....

And the Borderlands PreSequel is coming out later this year....

maybe a potential cross-game unlockable isn't for BL2. Maybe it'll be for BL-TPS. Just a thought.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.