Storage on the Wii

What is the plan for getting enough storage to hold all of the sb episodes on it.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    That's Nintendo's realm, not ours, but we have put together a handy guide to clearing up space on the Wii to make room for new episodes.

Nintendo has said that starting next spring you'll be able to play games off an SD card, so that's something to look forward to!
  • edited October 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Nintendo has said that starting next spring you'll be able to play games off an SD card, so that's something to look forward to!
    Really?:eek:
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Really?:eek:

Yep! :D
  • edited October 2008
    thanks a lot
  • edited October 2008
    I think I'd rather just have a larger HD than an SD card. But that's just me. I don't have an SD card, so it doesn't matter much either way. Nintendo's official SD cards seem to be very expensive - far more than they should be, but what else is new there. >_>
  • edited October 2008
    Just Get All OOf Them With No Other Game Thats What Iam Doing And I Got The Firth 3 And I Have More Room For 4 And 5
  • edited October 2008
    I simply bought the PC version instead. Oh Vell.
  • edited November 2008
    I personally dislike this SD idea. It seems no more convenient than redownloading them from the store.
  • edited November 2008
    ig0rpwnwEd wrote: »
    I personally dislike this SD idea. It seems no more convenient than redownloading them from the store.

It's less. I HATE IT!
  • edited November 2008
    I think I'd rather just have a larger HD than an SD card. But that's just me. I don't have an SD card, so it doesn't matter much either way. Nintendo's official SD cards seem to be very expensive - far more than they should be, but what else is new there. >_>

I don't think you need to use the Nintendo ones. My brother has been using one he bought at Big Lots (lol, I know) and it seems to be working just fine.
  • edited November 2008
    You can use any brand of SD card up to 2 GB in size for the Wii at the moment. It's possible to use 4 GB non-SDHC cards, as well, though in most situations, you'll only be able to use 2 GB on it (there are methods on Google to bypass that limitation). The Wii is probably capable of higher capacities in the future, since people can use SDHC cards on the Homebrew Channel of the Wii, though I haven't tested out cards larger than 1 GB on it, so I can't really tell you what all will be possible further down the line.

For now, unless you have an SD card with godly write speeds, I'd suggest deleting and redownloading the channels over copying to the SD card, since the Wii is incredibly slow at transferring files at the moment. The speed issue can also probably be fixed in the future, since games such as Brawl and Guitar Hero: World Tour have proven that the Wii can read data off of SD cards quicker than some have thought.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.