The Hot Babelien Manual....

...is AWESOME! I'm glad to see the return of hilarious content in this one. The lack of any content outside of "special moves" or "cheat codes". I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel that Videlectrix-related humor is the greatest of all the Homestar content, and I prefer to see that shine through in the manual more than just secret instructions.

I suppose some people want to be rewarded in the game by finding game-related stuff. But...I prefer the humor and supplemental bits myself. What do you guys think of the game manual pages themselves so far?

Comments

• edited October 2008
    Hilariously awesome. I agree that The Hot Babelien Manual is the best element of SBCG4AP. Am I wrong?
  • edited October 2008
    I found a glitch in it!!!You can put the cd called "Wiggle Waggle" into pom-poms player and you'll magically find another piece...Tell me if this works for anybody else!!!
  • edited October 2008
    I found a glitch in it!!!You can put the cd called "Wiggle Waggle" into pom-poms player and you'll magically find another piece...Tell me if this works for anybody else!!!

I don't think it's a glitch, I think that's how you find it..and I must say, she's a Babelien!!

-m0r
  • edited October 2008
    m0r1arty wrote: »
    I don't think it's a glitch, I think that's how you find it

-m0r

But if you do it two more times you get another part of the manual!!!Once you have all peices it just replays the ones you already got!!!
  • edited October 2008
    It's only a glitch in the Wii version of the game, I think. I tested it on an old save, and it didn't happen to me on my PC copy.
  • edited October 2008
    It's only a glitch in the Wii version of the game, I think. I tested it on an old save, and it didn't happen to me on my PC copy.

Yes its olny on the wii version!!!click here then scroll to the wii version part
  • edited October 2008
    You can calm down, Darkblade, it's not gonna hurt if you use a few less exclamation marks.

Also, while I did really find the manual interesting in this game, I also was kinda disappointed that there wasn't something hidden somewhere in it (like the music page) that had a code or something to maybe say... give you more lives or something.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Also, while I did really find the manual interesting in this game, I also was kinda disappointed that there wasn't something hidden somewhere in it (like the music page) that had a code or something to maybe say... give you more lives or something.
    Ya this was the first minigame that didn't have a cheat code. But that just means you can be sure your high score is pure - not a result of finding some cheat. See if you can beat Shaun's high score of 144,070. Thats the best Telltale was able to do.

Of course, due to the easily-photoshopped nature of the game, we will only accept scores as canon if you have a video, King of Kong style. =D
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    I, however, will be willing to accept scores if you can provide a screenshot and what level you were on at the time. I'm more trusting.
  • edited October 2008
    The "Forbidden Mode" in Snake Boxer was fun. The "Special Moves" in Math Kickers was way overdone, and I didn't like them taking over all but the cover page. This is a nice return to parody form.

But then, that's what I said in the first post. =p
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited October 2008
    I, on the other hand, will accept ANY score, as long as there is a $20 attached to it!
  • edited November 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    I, on the other hand, will accept ANY score, as long as there is a $20 attached to it!

If that were true. I'll accept them too. Even if I'm, not a telltale member.
  • edited November 2008
    HoboStew wrote: »
    Ya this was the first minigame that didn't have a cheat code. But that just means you can be sure your high score is pure - not a result of finding some cheat. See if you can beat Shaun's high score of 144,070. Thats the best Telltale was able to do.
    Dangerzone experienced a glitch where he never ran out of lives - it allowed him to rack up nearly 250,000 points. (If his story and screenshot are to be believed.)
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Dangerzone experienced a glitch where he never ran out of lives - it allowed him to rack up nearly 250,000 points. (If his story and screenshot are to be believed.)
    Interesting. We saw that bug early on, I fixed it and we haven't seen it since. Maybe he can shoot me a msg to let me know what happened.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.