SBCG4AP: Different Voice Actors?

I don't know about you, but I think Strong Bad sounds a little fishy to me. Coach Z is some major proof. He sounds like he got some REAL bad peanut-butter throat. And Strong Mad? Don't even get me STARTED on Graw Mad.

But, hey. It's all up to you. Tell me what you think.

Comments

• edited October 2008
    It's the same voice actors as ever - check the credits at the end of each episode, or even the Imdb page for details.

-m0r
  • edited October 2008
    Hey, cut Matt a break, man. He does pretty much every single voice for these things.
  • edited October 2008
    ...but the voices sound different, that's for sure. it's probably due to different compression or recording equipment or something.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    No, it's definitely Matt. And I don't think we did any different voice compression than we have in previous episodes. One thing to consider though, they have probably recorded more voice lines in the course of making this game than they have in the 8 years of working on the website. So yeah, when you record this many lines, sure they are going to develop and change a bit, just like they changed a bit over the first 8 years of cartoons.
  • edited October 2008
    And I for one am glad that it is them doing the lines. I know some game developers won't use the source of the voices and it is kinda sad when you get used to hearing someone - like Mario or Sonic - speak one way in the cartoons, then different in the games.

Matt and Missy are awesome for doing all the voices in the series. Matt's range of styles is amazing.
  • edited October 2008
    Well, I just played the Demos until now, but I also thought the voices sounded a bit different. I think they sound a bit clearer than in the Cartoons. Are the Voices for the Game recorded in the same place as the voices in the cartoons? If that is the case, maybe the voices get compressed more in the Flash-Files than in the Game-Files.
  • edited October 2008
    You're probably right, Mirko. Maybe Flash doesn't work so grood with sound. But I listened to podcasts, and their sound has been, like, remastered! And their voice acting still sounds the same! Does that mean anything? Or maybe they're just using different equipment to record when doing the GAMES... oooooooooooh!
  • edited October 2008
    ahm, that's what i meant: the voices in episode 3 don't sound different from the other episodes, but different from the cartoons..
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    Oh, well yeah. There are differences in compression rates between the games and the cartoons. Also, when we started recording for the season, they got a whole new high quality audio setup.

To compare the difference between our audio compression and the flash audio compression, compare an episode of the game with a recent cartoon on their website (sbemail200 for example).
  • edited October 2008
    The TGS don't sound like, well, the TGS. They all have the same voice.
  • edited October 2008
    That's because they're trying to sound...

SO GOOD!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Will wrote: »
    So yeah, when you record this many lines, sure they are going to develop and change a bit, just like they changed a bit over the first 8 years of cartoons.

This is true! Strong Bad has gone from Homer Simpson season 1 to Homer Simpson season 18 in five short months. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.