How could they?

I cannot believe that Nintendo Europe delayed Baddest of the Bands to November! The nerve!
And all because of Halloween, which we don't celebrate in Australia, anyway.

Comments

• edited October 2008
    It's not really because of Halloween, It's because they're uploading VC games one week, Wiiware the next, then VC again... unlike in the US where it's mixed uploads every week.

It should be up next Friday.
  • edited October 2008
    Hey, don't remind me of all the stuff that we in the U.S. have to wait for from overseas.... Er, um, come to think of it, what do we have to wait for?
  • edited October 2008
    Hmm... Disaster :D? We did have Mega Man 2 in the VC super early but it was the horrible 50 Hz conversion, so...
  • edited October 2008
    StonkBad wrote: »
    I cannot believe that Nintendo Europe delayed Baddest of the Bands to November! The nerve!
    And all because of Halloween, which we don't celebrate in Australia, anyway.

Yes, but, you could potentially get 2 sbcg4ap's in one month!!!
  • edited October 2008
    True, true. But I didn't know that they alternated between VC and Wiiware each week. I just assumed that they delayed it because the title just said, "Halloween Special".
  • edited October 2008
    Europe doesn't even do Halloween.
  • edited October 2008
    The last time Trick or Treaters knocked on my door was 2001.
  • edited November 2008
    Well, this week's update is up and Baddest of the Bands is not one of the new games. That means it won't be released at least until November 21st, which should be around the time when the fourth episode is released elsewhere...

I'm glad I got the whole season for PC, frankly.
  • edited November 2008
    Originally it was just bad timing, but this time there's NO timing-related reason to delay the episode further. It's all about seniority now, no doubt. Telltale isn't a big enough name, compared to the ones that got releases this week.

Congratulations, Nintendo, you goddamn bullies.

Edit: edited for language.
  • edited November 2008
    Whoa, language man.
  • edited November 2008
    I just checked and apparently they have no new games. Nintendo, you're pushing it.

edit: Wait, they do. They just didn't put the message on front page. But still...
  • edited November 2008
    NoE is really testing us now.

Seriously, how can they give us crap nobody gives a rat's ass about?
  • edited November 2008
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    NoE is really testing us now.

Seriously, how can they give us crap nobody gives a rat's ass about?

Because Space Invaders Get Even has major brand recognition and Hudson Soft and Gameloft have each released several games on WiiWare previously. Maybe NoE will care more about Strong Bad Season 2 if there is one.
  • edited November 2008
    I mean, do we even HAVE Tower of Goo?
  • edited November 2008
    I mean, do we even HAVE Tower of Goo?

Europe's getting a retail disc version of World of Goo with an exclusive extra level. Australia may never get this version and thus may not get Wii World of Goo at all..
  • edited November 2008
    It's available for the PC (and soon Mac/Linux) worldwide, you know.
  • edited November 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    It's available for the PC (and soon Mac/Linux) worldwide, you know.

Mac/Linux? Seriously? What about Sam and Max?
  • edited November 2008
    Not at the moment, sorry. Maybe someday.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Mirko wrote: »
    Mac/Linux? Seriously? What about Sam and Max?

Doug's talking about World of Goo, not Telltale's games.
  • edited November 2008
    Ahh! Sorry ;) I really misunderstood that one. Now I feel stupid...
  • edited November 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    europe's getting a retail disc version of world of goo with an exclusive extra level. Australia may never get this version and thus may not get wii world of goo at all..

perducci!!!
  • edited November 2008
    perducci!!!

Somebody must've beat Perducci about with both business ends of a nunchuck-gun because the disc version of World of Goo has been canceled and they're going to release it on WiiWare in Europe! The projected release date is December, which given Nintendo's track record means that if it's actually released in Europe in 2008, it will probably be a sign of the Apocalypse.
  • edited November 2008
    I guess I might have to change the title of this thread to "How could they cancel retail World of Goo and put it on WiiWare in Europe"! (Sigh)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.