Mystery Shirts Speculation Thread! (spoilers?)

Hello one and all, as you know 3 of our favorite Episodes are out and we have THREE mysterious shirts, we take your wildest guesses here. Remember to say which Episode shirt you're talking about, here are our shirts:

Episode 1: picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=800
It's a Squirrel!

Episode 2: picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=798
Kevin Bruner!

Episode 3: picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=792
The Queen Bee!

Episode 4: picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=909
The Bearalope!

Episode 5: picture.php?albumid=204&pictureid=1288
The Invisible Shirt!

P.S: Every Shirt has just been found! What a rip-off...

Comments

• edited October 2008
    I'm not sure the Kevin one is really a mystery. Unless we've secretly licensed his life to make a game about. I imagine there'd be a lot of hockey minigames.
  • edited October 2008
    Yeah, I just put the Kevin one in, cause the thing the thread looks bare without him in there. And the shirt is my favorite.

SPECULATION ON 3:

I think the 3rd is an onion, I know I've seen that before from Telltale, or was it from something else..
  • edited October 2008
    Numbah 3 looks like that secretary from Monster's inc.
  • edited November 2008

Or an onion with glasses and lips
  • edited November 2008
    Well, here is my guess, it's just a stretch, but here it goes.

Number one looks like Strong Bad with a t-shirt.
    Number two looks like Strong Bad with a t-shirt in front of some mountain forest.
    Number three looks like Strong Bad with a t-shirt in front of some cows.

How far am I off, Telltale peoples?
  • edited November 2008

I WAS about to post that:mad:
    And if what we think is true... Wouldn't that mean a point and click Monster's Inc.
  • edited November 2008
    Now THAT would be interesting. But yeah, that's what teh 3rd one looks like to me.
  • edited November 2008
    That was my first instinct as well, but I don't think that's it, even though it's got the trifecta of yellow-green skin, monster mouth, and grandma eyeglasses.

Perhaps it's a pear, or a lemon?

Also, here's a slightly higher-resolution image of it:
    ep3shirtbo7.jpg
  • That was my first instinct as well, but I don't think that's it, even though it's got the trifecta of yellow-green skin, monster mouth, and grandma eyeglasses.

Perhaps it's a pear, or a lemon?

Also, here's a slightly higher-resolution image of it:
    ep3shirtbo7.jpg
    Jesus Christ Superstar! (Do You Think You're What They Say You Are?)

That thing is hideous! We still have no clue what the first is, nor the third... perhaps just some random picture that telltale is using to throw us off?

The first, though, does seem to have a form similar to W & G... but the third... well.. um... The Love Child of Dourexguard and Homsar?
  • edited November 2008
    Looks a bit 'Far Side' to me, I don't think Telltale would go ahead and use one of Gary Larson's creations in their game - but they might just be that cheeky, and fair play to them too if that's the case.

-m0r
  • edited November 2008
    i think that if you look kind've far away and imagine the glasses and the rest seperate it looks like a hot dog or something
  • edited November 2008
    The first and third one are the characters from Telltale's new episodic series, based around an original property (and not a license). Kevin Bruner is on the second shirt to show that he is overseeing the project.
  • edited November 2008
    Yes! I know where I've seen that style before, it's a Steve Purcell drawing! I think I saw that guy on his blog.
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    And if what we think is true... Wouldn't that mean a point and click Monster's Inc.

Actually, there IS a point-and-click Monster's Inc. game: "Mike's Monstrous Adventure," published by Disney in 2002. Developed by Hulabee, with Mike's terrible stand-up jokes supplied by yours truly. (If anybody plays it, let me know how it is - I never did get a copy.)
  • edited November 2008
    Looks like it's from a totally different franchise that hasn't even been made yet.
  • edited November 2008
    Actually, there IS a point-and-click Monster's Inc. game: "Mike's Monstrous Adventure," published by Disney in 2002. Developed by Hulabee, with Mike's terrible stand-up jokes supplied by yours truly. (If anybody plays it, let me know how it is - I never did get a copy.)

It's very good, some of the jokes are kind of la-
    Ohh you designed the jokes... Ohh didn't know that, maybe I should start paying attention to other game credits.
  • edited November 2008

Lol, that's the first thing I thought when I looked at it.
  • edited November 2008
    Okay, we found out it's a Steve Purcell, now where was it last seen by the fans of Telltale?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Who said it was by Steve Purcell?
  • edited November 2008
    Well it looks like Steve Purcell.
  • edited November 2008
    New "Mystery" Shirt out! Get this, there is no mystery!
  • edited November 2008
    It's the bearalope! I love that lil' guy.
  • edited November 2008
    Now that we have 2-4 solved, lets start begging Telltale an answer on the 1st Episode, 3 2 1. BEG!

OH PLEASE TELL US THE ANSWER IT'S BEEN 4 MONTHS!!! LET US KNOW!!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    You have the third episode figured out? Since when?
  • edited November 2008
    How are you sposed to get the Ep.4 one? you can't get to the bottom of the photo booth this time around.
  • edited November 2008
    Will wrote: »
    You have the third episode figured out? Since when?

Well we haven't, I meant 2 and 4, but I think Episode 3 is from Steve Purcell.
    Holyxion wrote: »
    How are you sposed to get the Ep.4 one? you can't get to the bottom of the photo booth this time around.

Must be a bug for you, cause I can.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    You can only get down there if you aren't wearing any costume pieces.
  • edited November 2008
    And go back behind the door, when your upper torso isn't visible. SB will say sompin' (some-pin) (aka something), and it'll appear on his. :D
  • edited December 2008
  • edited December 2008
    Thats from t-shirt one..... so will all the things on the T-Shirts be involved in W&G?
  • edited December 2008
    Thats from t-shirt one..... so will all the things on the T-Shirts be involved in W&G?

I don't think so do to the fact that episode 5 shirt is just invisible.
  • edited December 2008
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I don't think so do to the fact that episode 5 shirt is just invisible.

And the fact episode 2's shirt is Kevin Bruner. Although if he was in W&G I might actually get it...
  • edited December 2008
    Well I posted the final Shirt, now we just need to find out what the third shirt is.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2009
    The new trailer for Wallace & Gromit on Yahoo has the slug looking lady from the third shirt in it. She's a queen bee. :)

2a4r6tk.jpg
  • edited March 2009
    Great job! All the Mystery Shirts are solved! And we had to wait for Wallace & Gromit to come out to figure it out.. What a rip-off..
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Haha how is it a rip-off? url=http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rip-off]rip-off[/url

You guys will eventually find the sixth mystery shirt, which reveals where the treasure is buried. Until then, yeah, ripped off to the max!

(But really, though, good work identifying them all. Glad they're all finally known!)
  • edited March 2009
    You mean the Ab-Abber Shirt? I think we figured that out..
  • edited March 2009
    Haha, brilliant. I always thought she was some kind of weird-looking pear or something.

I'm still wondering about that ab-abber T-shirt. Maybe that would have been the ultimate price for achieving maximum awesomeness in every episode, kind of how you would get an extra upgrade if you completed all the Desoto-minigames in S&M season 2...
  • edited March 2009
    Hmm.... good point. Telltale, what was the Ab-Abber for?
  • edited March 2009
    Hmm.... good point. Telltale, what was the Ab-Abber for?

It was going to be used, But they for some reason didn't.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.