Grossly Overthinking the BotB Map

Caution! Spoilers!
Ok, so perhaps (read: almost certainly) I've put entirely too much thought into this, but I believe I've come up with the most logical arrangement for the map icons in Baddest of the Bands.
Bear with me here...
botbmapal3.jpg

This arrangement does a number of things.
First, it preserves the circular arrangement of locations around The Field: going clockwise we have Strong Badia, Gremlin, Photo Booth, Whale, Stick, Bub's and then back around again. (I prefer a 2x3 grid for this, but I made a concession in this case in order to keep the bands together.)
Second, it places the bands together in a central location, and each band is placed between two logically-associated locations.
D.O.I. is between Strong Bad's House and Strong Badia, Two-O-Duo is between the Track and Bub's, Cool Tapes are between Marzipan's house and The Stick (a common hangout for Strong Mad and The Cheat), and PomStar is between Club Technochocolate and the Whale (since the Whale is actually present at their stage).
Finally, putting it in this particular orientation places D.O.I's stage at the top center, with Strong Bad's house in the "first" position at the top left.

Does anyone who hasn't fallen asleep by this point have any thoughts on THAT CRAZY ACTION?

Comments

• edited November 2008
    I see nothing wrong with it.
  • edited November 2008
    I always just layout my map like this, Not out of neatness or anything... These are just the places my mouse naturally goes to when I think of these places.

House of strong in the "Home" top-left position, the field locations around the center, and the others spaced around the map in logical locations. Not much science or thinking to it actually....

Here is how I laid out my 103 map ;)

j0xr0g.png
  • edited November 2008
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa there.

Is that the KoT's castle? How did THAT get there?
    When...what...huh?

Also...it just moved! AUUUGH! HAUNTED JPEG!
  • edited November 2008
    Lemme think... I think the castle pops up when you talk to The KOT in extended play mode.

Edit: actually, which castle are you talking about? there ARE four of them you know :rolleyes:

331n43l.png
  • edited November 2008
    Heh. I should have seen that one coming.
  • edited November 2008
    but seriously how. I don't have it in extended play so how.
  • edited November 2008
    Did you just edit in the castle?
  • edited November 2008
    ...Or does it open after you win the "Kickin' the Cheat" mini game? I forget now.
  • edited November 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    ...Or does it open after you win the "Kickin' the Cheat" mini game? I forget now.

Ok that just proved big time it's fake.
  • edited November 2008
    woah woah woah.. okay...drain bamage daaaaaaaaa!!!! this is worse than brain freezes daaaaaaaaa!!!! so its not real?
  • edited November 2008
    woah woah woah.. okay...drain bamage daaaaaaaaa!!!! this is worse than brain freezes daaaaaaaaa!!!! so its not real?
    Oh, it's real alright. Don't you believe your own eyes?
    (Of course, it's a real image file of a real screenshot that's been edited on a real computer with a real photo editor.)
  • edited November 2008
    This is a cool method. I should try it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.