55 nights until Decemberween

I have a great idea, called 55 nights until Decemberween. It's a project with stories which should compile what Decemberween is all about, or what the Decemberween feeling is, all in fairytale format of some sort. It may contain Homestar Runner characters, or it can feature completely new characters.

So, to start it off, here's my story.

---

How a star saved Decemberween

Somewhere in a land far away there was a land. In this land, a simple song can be real, as long as you believed in it, and as long as there is light as bright as the sun. For most people, this meant that they could only make things happen when in daylight, but not for one person, a star.

This star shone brighter than the brightest the sun could ever shine. Even his presence was enough to make a song reality.

But a strong, bad knight became jealous of him, and decided to make him sad, for that was the only way to fade the lights of the star.

One day, three days before Decemberween, the strong, bad knight snuck into the home of the star, and stole his favourite teddy bear. When the star came home, he searched and searched for his bear, but finally he gave up. When the star went outside, the strong, bad knight then asked the star:
"What is wrong?"
The star replied:
"I've lost my teddy bear. But that's okay, as long as I still have a song."
The star then went back inside and sang a song, to make things better.

The next day, the strong, bad knight went back to the home of the star. He brought along his brother, the strong, sad jester. The strong, sad jester had the gift of making everybody sad. When the star went home, the strong, sad jester went inside with him. A while later, the star went outside with the strong, sad jester, a little sad. The strong, bad knight then asked the star:
"What is wrong?"
The star replied:
"The strong, sad jester told a sad story. But that's okay, as long as I still have a song."
The star then went back inside and sang a song, to make things better.

The strong, bad knight then had an idea. If a song is all it would take to make the star happy again, why not steal his song? So the strong, bad knight went to his trusted partner, the trickster, and asked for a potion to take away the star his song.

The next day, the strong, bad knight snook inside the home of the star and poured the potion in the chocolate milk of the star. When the star came home, the star drank his chocolate milk. A while later, he came outside, very depressed. The strong, bad knight then asked the star:
"What is wrong?"
The star replied:
"I've lost my song. I've lost my song. Oh, what can I do?"
The star then went back inside, and stayed there all day.

Happy, the strong, bad knight went home, to wait for his presents.

That night, the strong, bad knight stayed up all night, to wait until the Thnikkaman would come by. But the Thnikkaman would not come, and the night would not end. So the strong, bad knight went outside to search for the Thnikkaman.

Later that night, the strong, bad knight found the Thnikkaman sleeping under a tree in his unmarked van.
"Wake up, the Thnikkaman!" the strong, bad knight said. "Why are you not going around bringing presents?"
"Shut up foo'!" the Thnikkaman said. "Can't you see I'm busy?"
"But aren't you going to bring presents and bring joy to everyone?" the strong, bad knight asked.
"Of course not," the Thnikkaman said. "As long as there won't be daylight, there won't be any presents."
"But what could make daylight happen ever again?" the strong, bad knight asked.
"Well," the Thnikkaman said, "there used to be a star that wished for daylight every night with his song, but today, I haven't heard him sing anymore. Now shut up, kid!"
The strong, bad knight then realized it was all his fault that there would never ever be daylight, so he rushed back to the trickster.

"I didn't know I was supposed to give presents," the Thnikkaman said to himself.

The strong, bad knight arrived at the home of the trickster, and said:
"Oh wise trickster, can you tell me how to bring the song back to the star? I made a terrible mistake, and now it is my fault that there would never ever be daylight."
The trickster than sat down and began to think. Then the trickster jumped up, and said to the strong, bad knight that the best magic was to apologize to the star.
"But I can't apologize to the star!" the strong, bad knight said. "What if he gets mad?"
But the trickster stayed with his word.

The strong, bad knight had no choice but to apologize to the star. He went over to the star, and said to the star:
"I am sorry for pouring a potion in your chocolate milk so that you would lose your song."
But instead of being mad, the star said:
"Apologies accepted!" and the star began to shine again. Soon, the star began to sing, because he finally found a new song.

Back home the strong, bad knight found a CD and a tape in his slippers, and he thanked the star for another day.

The end.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.