Please help me get the message across about Sam and Max on the Wii...

edited October 2006 in Sam & Max
I have been trying to get a point across about Sam and Max on the Wii.

Someone asked me if they should wait for Sam and Max on the Wii instead of getting it on the pc.

I have tried to explain to them that there is no Sam and Max game on the Wii yet. They just say "but why would I buy it when it's going to be on the Wii".

I have tried to explain that Sam and Max: Season One: Episode One is a pc game, not a Wii game. I have further tried to explain that Telltale just got a development kit and are experimenting with it. That in no case will a Sam and Max game be out for the Wii in a few months time. They don't listen.

Can a member of the Telltale Team post something here I can tell him so he understand that if he wants to play the first season of Sam and Max, he needs to buy the PC version.

Please? Pretty please? I've got a headache from trying to explain to him otherwise. lol

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Also you may wish to point out that Dan Connors has said if/when Sam & Max do come to the Wii, there's a chance it will be a unique game taylored to the Wii's capabilities and not necessarily a port of the PC "Season 1".
  • edited October 2006
    Do you have a link to where he said that?
  • edited October 2006
    Why don't you tell him you can play Sam & Max on the PC right now! and then post a linkt o all the great reviews..maybe that will get him excited..
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    I have tried to explain to them that there is no Sam and Max game on the Wii yet. They just say "but why would I buy it when it's going to be on the Wii".

There is no guarantee that Sam & Max will come out on the Wii. We are focused on the PC release right now, and aside from some internal discussions and that big internet frenzy last month when I wrote about it on the blog, there has not been any work done on a Wii game.

Of course, if someone prefers to wait for a game that may never exist rather than play the version that's coming out in a week and a half (and is already out on GameTap), that's their prerogative. ;) But if Telltale does a Sam & Max Wii game, it's not going to come out any time soon, and there is no guarantee that it would be the same as the episodes we're releasing right now.

It can be hard to set the record straight on the internet. I saw a blog the other day where someone said they had it on very good authority that Telltale's working on a Wii game. I'd like to know who told them that, since it's definitely not anyone in this office! :))
  • edited October 2006
    Do you have a link to where he said that?

Not offhand (if Mojo was up I could probably find it quickly), but will Emily's reply above do? ;)
  • edited October 2006
    Yep, that should do!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.