Wednesday's the day!

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
edited April 2006 in Bone
As everyone who's subscribed to the newsletter already knows (or will find out shortly when they check mail), we've set a date... the Cow Race will be here on April 12.

Only 6 days! :D

Comments

• edited April 2006
    Six days? Should I read book 1 and 2 first? I don't knowwwwww...
  • edited April 2006
    I read Out From Boneville before playing game 1. This time I'm going to play the game without reading the book.

I might read the book after playing the game, of course.

As to what you should do... who knows?
  • edited April 2006
    Be outrageous, read the book whilst playing the game!

:p
  • edited April 2006
    How about blending the book AND the game into a liquid substance and injecting it directly into your brain?
  • edited April 2006
    How about blending the book AND the game into a liquid substance and injecting it directly into your brain?

I recommend a 30/60 book/saline solution for proper story comprehension.
  • edited April 2006

I strongly recommend reading the books at SOME point! Not because you'll get more out of the games, as such, but because they're great fun on their own and well worth reading!
  • edited April 2006

I strongly recommend reading the books at SOME point! Not because you'll get more out of the games, as such, but because they're great fun on their own and well worth reading!
    Well, I do already have the one volume edition. I WILL read it some day. I just keep waiting for the right mood to strike me. The Bone mood. You know the one.
  • edited April 2006
    gamershell.com are showing news that the game is actually available now.

I cant see it on the main page, is the news untrue?
  • edited April 2006
    Given that it's the very early hours of the morning where TTG are, I'd assume that news isn't quite accurate.
  • edited April 2006
    As everyone who's subscribed to the newsletter already knows (or will find out shortly when they check mail), we've set a date... the Cow Race will be here on April 12.

Only 6 days! :D

For your future the game is going to be released on date annoucements, you might want to give the date more prominence. I skimmed through the newsletter and missed the date. You probably should mention it at the beginning of the sectionwhere you discuss The Great Cow Race or maybe even at the real top in the intro where you say it's just around the corner say just around the corner, due on April 12th... Or maybe at least make it clear there is a date like say the date is set or get out your diaries the date's been annouced. Or whatever

I didn't realise it was due until I read the annoucement yesterday
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2006
    Thanks for the feedback, Nil_Einne. You're right that the date wasn't prominent enough in the newsletter. We were going to keep it a secret like with Out from Boneville, and then decided to slip it in at the last minute. It didn't get the real estate it deserved.

We're going to be sending out an email to all of our customers later today, so hopefully we'll reach anyone who may have missed the announcement last week. :)

Stamm, the game isn't up yet... as Dale said, it's still pretty early in the morning over here. :D It will be today, though.

And welcome to the forum, both of you!
    edited April 2006
  • edited April 2006
    Aaahh, I can't order the packaged version...

or more correctly: I could order it, but only with UPS International shipping which would cost me more than twice of what the game itself costs... Theres is no option for "non-UPS" standard international shipping (which was there a while ago). :(((
    edited April 2006
    Hmm. I'll look into this for you.
  • edited April 2006
    I had the exact same problem.
    I just ended up paying the price for UPS International since I just couldn't wait any longer to play bone! (If a holiday shouldn't be used sitting around waiting for Bone, then what should it be used for? :P)
    I guess it's too late to change if the shipping issue get fixed though :/
  • edited April 2006
    Aaahh, ...<snip>

... Theres is no option for "non-UPS" standard international shipping (which was there a while ago). :(((

Yeah quite. I'm in the UK and the UPS postage rate makes a nonsense of the total unit cost of buying the 'real' thing rather than the download. I'd totally dig having a real cd in a package but the delivery cost that is offered is prohibitive.
    I'm going tp be watching this thread for mention of a non-UPS option returning in the future.

Meanwhile i'll noodle around in the demo.
    edited April 2006
    Hi guys!

I just checked in with Troy and he is working on the shipping issue right now. There will be a cheaper international shipping offer, so just hold off on ordering for a little while. We'll let you know when it's fixed.

Rayman, we'll be able to switch your order to the cheaper option once it's been fixed.
  • edited April 2006
    Thanks Emily, that's great to hear! :)
    It seems my order didn't quite go through anyways :/
    I entered all my details (including credit card) and got to the final page..But no download link..When I try to register the demo it says that my payment didn't go through and that I need to pay again, so no cow race for me currently :/
    Who do I need to contact? (and should I with the possibility of my order changing when the shipping method is fixed...?)..
    I wanted to order some other stuff as well, but it just wouldn't let me (primarily a Sam & Max T-shirt)..
    edited April 2006
    We're looking into this. Have you already send an email to customer support?

I think the problem ordering a t-shirt is related to the shipping issue. Hopefully when we resolve the international shipping problem, that problem will go away too. (We don't want to deny you your Sam & Max shirt! :)))

EDIT: I'm going to send you a private message - please check your PM inbox in a few minutes.
  • edited April 2006
    Ok, international postal is back, BUT: Why is shipping for Bone 2 (13.95) more expensive than for Bone 1 (9.95)?
    edited April 2006
    Good question! I'll see what I can find out on that.

EDIT: This is fixed!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.