Episode 5 News! (REALLY BIG spoiler)

And the Trogdor comes in DECEMMMMMMMMMBER!
(from Wired.com, and the fact that they credit Telltale and have screenshots is a pretty good confirmation that it's real)

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Yep, my face has been rocked off.
    Oh well. It was time for a new one anyway.

Hmmm.... jumping off a limb here, but maybe this has something to do with the broken
    Trogdor game
    in the basement?
  • edited November 2008
    *Head asplodes from supreme awesomitude* Oh man, I REALLY hope one of the Telltale staff can confirm that this is real.
  • edited November 2008
    Why do all the big game people get to play the final Episode but me?
  • edited November 2008
    splash1 wrote: »

Translation: His head asploded, too.

Don't feel bad, man. December's gonna be worse than October was.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    splash1 wrote: »

The Wired guys haven't played it yet. They don't know any more than what we let on for that story :)
  • edited November 2008
    Ohh, so Telltale just releases one image, a small story for someone (like Wired.com) to write on their website's blog, and then someone finds it and brings it to Telltale and bam! Here we are?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Pretty much :)
  • edited November 2008
    Hmm....*hang on, heart restart: 2%*

...I will sound really calm when I say: That. Is. Amazing.
  • edited November 2008
    So wait, is Trogdor the reason why we can't burninate phonics?

I also think the next SBCG4AP will involve a little magic.

harryandthetrogdor.jpg
  • edited November 2008
    Epic!!!
  • edited November 2008
    *Dies of sheer awesomeness*
  • edited November 2008
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    So wait, is Trogdor the reason why we can't burninate phonics?

I also think the next SBCG4AP will involve a little magic.

IMG

Haha, that is great! Did you make it? Nice job if you did, 'specially since I'm a Potter fan.

As much as I'm excited for the Trogdor episode, I'm anticipating the Dangeresque game more, simply because that's my favourite cartoon on the site.

Will this fifth episode really come in December, though? All around Telltale's site it says "TBA", which makes me think that it will be released in January to avoid Christmas and people being on holiday.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    We've officially confirmed the Trogdor news - click here.
  • edited November 2008
    I suspected this would happen since before episode one was even out... But this is legandery. Tree words for Telltale: LOOKS AWESOME. I CAN NOT WAIT. I GUESS THIS WAS MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
  • edited November 2008
    Haha, that is great! Did you make it? Nice job if you did, 'specially since I'm a Potter fan.
    Of course, they don't call me GaryCXJk, a.k.a. Gary the Messiah for nothing.

By the way, it's not one of the greatest as it is one of the oldest ones I've done.
  • edited November 2008
    If you think about it. In episodes 1 and 2, they advertised trogdor. in episode 1
    when you trim a certain tree i think at the KOTS castle.
    and on episode 2 the map has the picture of him. They were secretly advertising episode 5.:rolleyes:
  • edited November 2008
  • edited November 2008
    Whoa there!
    Strong Bad Episode 5 - 8-Bit is Enough

Trogdor and Stinkoman have come to Free Country USA for unknown reasons. It's up to Strong Bad to figure out why they're here and what they want.

:eek:

-m0r
  • edited November 2008
    m0r1arty wrote: »
    Whoa there!
    Strong Bad Episode 5 - 8-Bit is Enough

Trogdor and Stinkoman have come to Free Country USA for unknown reasons. It's up to Strong Bad to figure out why they're here and what they want.

:eek:

-m0r

Interesting.
    And wasn't it telltale, a while back, the people that had no clue who Stinkoman is.
  • edited November 2008
    fco. wrote: »

Darn, my heart was almost completely restarted....gotta start again, I guess...

[Heart restart: 1%....]
  • edited November 2008
    Geez, be careful with that stuff! Someone made me faint in the speculation thread with that pic!

*looks at pic again*

Ow! My copeability with awesomeness! XP
  • edited November 2008
    you know... I think that there are going to be more characters from the other H*R universes then just those two...

Don't ask me how I know this though.
  • edited November 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    you know... I think that there are going to be more characters from the other H*R universes then just those two...

Don't ask me how I know this though.

How do you know that? >: )
  • edited November 2008
    He said don't! but hey, I wanna know... so...
    How do you know that? >_<
  • edited November 2008
    Aw, crap! The page isn't there anymore! I want to see the pictures...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    That WiiWare World article revealed stuff that we were hoping to keep as a surprise when the preview video comes out on Monday (and they took the page down when I asked), so anyone who did see it and wants to talk about it, please use spoiler tags.
  • edited November 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    That WiiWare World article revealed stuff that we were hoping to keep as a surprise when the preview video comes out on Monday (and they took the page down when I asked), so anyone who did see it and wants to talk about it, please use spoiler tags.

It's already leaked to http://www.hrwiki.org, and I'm pretty sure blackmail won't work this time... those wiki peoples can get pretty violent towards the folks whom delayed SBCG4AP in June...
  • edited November 2008
    The Homestar Runner Wiki is pretty good about respecting people's wishes and stuff, actually.
  • edited November 2008
    Since this must be amazing, then Somebody better answer my request for a CHALLEEEEEENGE!!!
  • edited November 2008

Link didn't work for me. Or should I say... foar me?
  • edited November 2008
    This can only lead to shmorkness. I got tired of the word awesome so I just made up a new word.
  • edited November 2008
    Is Trogdor going to just roar, or is he going to have his broken computer voice from Peasant's Quest?
  • edited November 2008
    I hope it's his peasents quest voice!
  • edited November 2008

Is this link broken? :(

EDIT: Never mind. I found out.
    Hope the Sweet Cuppin Cakes guys are there. And the Teen girl squad could be LIVE ACTION REAL TGS!!
    And, yeah, Troggy better speak with his Peasant's quest voice.
  • edited November 2008
    You know what would be hilarious? If Trogdor was voiced by Mike Chapman.
  • edited November 2008
    Darnit. This December, the time for giving and receiving gifts, is now gonna be a lot longer than it was originally. TOO AWESOME TO HANDLE, BRAIN NO COMPUTE MUCH! Will Trogdor lead a rebellion? Will hundreds of Strong Bad's ideas come to life? WILL DOUREGARD TURN OUT TO BE THE TRUE MASTERMIND OF THESE LIVING DOODLES?!?!?!
    Let's hope not, because sooner or later I will go insane from the wait.
  • edited November 2008
    Everbody knows there's only one reason for a video game character to come to life: Someone left pancakes in front of their arcade game again.
  • edited November 2008
    Compy 386 wrote: »
    Everbody knows there's only one reason for a video game character to come to life: Someone left pancakes in front of their arcade game again.

Right then the KOT ripped open the machine to find more.
  • edited November 2008
    Right then the KOT ripped open the machine to find more.

Or another incedent cause by the evil combination of video games and aerosol dairy products.
  • edited November 2008
    Yellowtail wrote: »
    Is this link broken? :(

EDIT: Never mind. I found out.
    Hope the Sweet Cuppin Cakes guys are there. And the Teen girl squad could be LIVE ACTION REAL TGS!!
    And, yeah, Troggy better speak with his Peasant's quest voice.
    Ugh no! That voice hurt my ears...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.