What About The Preview For Episode 5

I Hope It Has Wallice And Gromit Episode 1 On Bit-8 Is Enough

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Sorry But I Also Had An Email About Wallice And Gromit The PlayTesting For Episode 1
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Not to put a damper on this too quick, but 8-bit is Enough doesn't have a preview in it. Sorry!
  • edited November 2008
    It OK Wallice And Gromit will Come Soon Enough

\
  • edited November 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Not to put a damper on this too quick, but 8-bit is Enough doesn't have a preview in it. Sorry!

Maybe you could do something different with the preview button. Maybe have it fall off when clicked, or show something inane in place of a preview.
  • edited November 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Maybe you could do something different with the preview button. Maybe have it fall off when clicked, or show something inane in place of a preview.

You could put a "preview" for Episode 1 and trap people in an infinite loop.
  • edited November 2008
    How about some scene with Strong Sad in his Review Revue show? With Strong Sad saying something similar to what he said in SBemailTwoHundred.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Nope, there's nothing in the place of the preview. It's a BIG episode, and we needed the space. You'll see ;)
    edited November 2008
    Also, the last thing we want is to put some sort of joke there, and have a bunch of people flocking to our forums making "What happened to the next episode, is it canceled? The preview button fell off and all it did was static!!! Where's my next episode???" threads. :(
  • edited November 2008
    I think that you guys should just throw together a "next season on..." reel with a bunch of random garbage that may or may-not be in season 2. Like they did in the email "Cliffhangers"
  • edited November 2008
    THAT's the problem.

There might not BE a Season 2. Unless if all the money Telltale got is enough to make Sam and Max Season 3, Wallace and Gromit, and a Season 2.

Also, Jake's got a point. There are too many morons in the internets.
    edited November 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    I think that you guys should just throw together a "next season on..." reel with a bunch of random garbage that may or may-not be in season 2. Like they did in the email "Cliffhangers"

That idea came up, as did the idea of having preview be the exact clip seen in Strong Bad Gameways (with Strong Bad sitting by the stick, with the Game Over screen, etc), but we opted to avoid confusion and to (as Shaun said) use that space for the episode itself.
  • edited November 2008
    Shauntron wrote: »
    It's a BIG episode, and we needed the space. You'll see ;)
    Hooooo - leeeeey Crap. I can not wait.
  • edited November 2008
    Maybe they'll have enough space for Strong Bad's face to not be pixelated!! :O
    (On the WiiWare version, of course.)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    You could put a "preview" for Episode 1 and trap people in an infinite loop.

Hahaha... sadly, this suggestion sounds like my life. :p

Also on a tiny bit of a tangent - the "New Game", "Save / Load", etc. comments in episode 5 are my favorite of the whole season.
  • edited November 2008
    I really like the Strong Sad in his Review Revue show idea. He could wrap up the season with a fourth-wall breaky video giving the season a feel of completion.
  • edited November 2008
    When it comes to humor and hinting connections in the overall storyline, SBCG4AP is a hit, but when it comes to the length of each individual episode, the series ultimately misses the mark.

That's something I'd hear from Strong Sad. Maybe the Deleteheads will be in the episode.
  • edited November 2008
    Shauntron wrote: »
    Nope, there's nothing in the place of the preview. It's a BIG episode, and we needed the space. You'll see ;)

awesome!
  • edited November 2008
    I don't see how not having a preview is saving space... how much room does a 60 second animation (and 5 sound bites) take up anyways?
  • edited November 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    I don't see how not having a preview is saving space... how much room does a 60 second animation (and 5 sound bites) take up anyways?

Remember that the preview, like all cutscenes, is rendered in real-time using the game engine.
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Remember that the preview, like all cutscenes, is rendered in real-time using the game engine.

This is true. Plus we have to load all the voice lines for the preview, and while that's only a few megs or so, every little bit counts when you're trying to fit the game under 40.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Also, previews frequently have characters, music, and sets that aren't otherwise in the current episode. So you can either put together a lame preview with existing assets, or you can make something awesome but take up valuable space.
  • edited November 2008
    so there no preview, or anything in place of it, so what? its not the end of the world. anyways, lets just be happey that this episode is going to kick arse.
  • edited November 2008
    so there no preview, or anything in place of it, so what? its not the end of the world. anyways, lets just be happey that this episode is going to kick arse.

Yeah... The only reason they neede a preview would be for episode 6 which would be a season 2 episode. Which has never been planned. aka No need for preview.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.