Telltale fans interview Part-2

2»

Comments

• edited April 2005
    I know it's been dropped, but for the person who asked about pricing structure;

Interview at Lockergnome

Alan: Since these episodic games are smaller, does this also mean a smaller price point? Do you have a rough ballpark figure for the price of these types of games?

Dan: Price point is something we are currently doing research on. There are a few very distinct game audiences on the net that have very different expectations for their money.

• edited April 2005
    I took this to mean episodic release.
    DC: The first game is based on Out From Boneville the first arc, and collected edition in the series. The design stays very true to the storyline of the comic. We plan on continuing this strategy for the rest of the series so the great cow race is in the next one.

But there was also this in the lockergnome interview.
    Dan: Smaller games are definitely necessary because of the economics of game production and distribution. The talk around the industry is that the next generation of games is going to cost in the 15 million dollar range. With this amount of money on the line the model is getting closer to the blockbuster film model. At Telltale we would like to be on the cutting edge of a television production style model, with episodes and ongoing story lines and favorite characters.
  • edited April 2005
    But that doesn't really answer whether or not the 'other' licenses / original adventure games that had been mentined in passing are on the backburner while everyone at Telltale really concentrates their efforts and resources on Bone. (Which is what I think Apingarb was asking).
  • edited April 2005
    Fair enough. The question is back on the board. That leaves us with 20. A couple of mumbles of agreement and we can put it up as our final list. Still, any last complaints are being excepted.
  • edited April 2005
    mumble mumble agree
  • edited April 2005
    Looks fine to me.
  • edited April 2005
    send it to the presses. I think it's good to go.
  • edited April 2005
    Okay, I've emailed it to Heather. Done. Umm, I guess that means it's over.
  • edited April 2005
    yes it's over. good job
  • edited April 2005
    And there was much rejoicing.
  • edited April 2005
    8 and 39 are the same question, other than that, looks good.
  • edited April 2005
    Whoops. I don't think there is much I can do now.
  • edited April 2005
    I wonder how long we'll have to wait for our answers.
  • edited April 2005
    At least as long as it took us to compile them, I'd wager...
  • edited April 2005
    why did i miss this :(
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2005
    You people are amazingly efficient.

I thought I might warn you that your timing in finishing this task did not match up beautifully with a lull in our operations as we had secretly hoped it might. As such, you may have to wait longer than you'd like for your answers. But a deal's a deal, and I will make sure the results of your labor come to you as soon as is possible.
  • edited April 2005
    Do we still need a moderator?

if you need one, im there :D
  • edited April 2005
    Do we still need a moderator?

if you need one, im there :D

I think I have heard this one before... :)
  • edited April 2005
    Yeah... Besides, I think he's too young. And we have Heather, aka "The Enforcer", while Brandon's out. We're doin' fine.
  • edited April 2005
    Can u publish pls the list of Q's that was sent, in an organized list?

too bad i couldnt participate in this... :(
  • edited April 2005
    It was on page three, but here it is anyway.
    Can we expect to see a Bone demo in the near future? -Alucard

How do you propose to market the Bone games to Bone/comic fans, rather than adventure games? JP

What were the other franchises besides Sam and Max and Bone that you were considering? Burn

How can one go about auditioning for a Telltale game?-misanthrope

Are you going to produce translated versions of your games? Diduz

Was Dank always going to be a comic? -Burn

In the short teaser clip of Bone, Bone appears to be following the cursor around. Do you plan to create interactivity between the characters and player? Vark

How has Telltale Texas Hold Em' performed in contrast to your expectations? Vark

How often will the episodes of Bone be released? -spf1978

What is your opinion on the infamous "cut-scenes" that many other adventure games employ as a story-telling device? -spf1978

What are your future plans for the characters from TT Texas Holdem? -spf1978

Will the supporting characters have some kind of AI or will they just have set dialogue paths like previous adventure games? smileyfaceman

Will there be multiple player-controlled characters per title? smileyfaceman

Are you planning to exclusively distribute all your games electronically, or are you considering other options as well? Apignarb

Being that many of you were on the Sam&Max team, and founding TellTale was in part inspired by the cancellation of that project, do you have any juicy tidbits to share with us about the game, or the making of the game? -Apignarb/Udvanorky

Describe a typical workday at TellTale. Apignarb

Do you have any plans for any other games than Bone yet, maybe even working on other ideas during the development of Bone? Apignarb

TO KEVIN Will we see "buttless ice chaps" in any of Telltale's games? -Jub

I love adventure games and feel they deserve another chance to shine, but with TellTale Texas Hold'em, you brought personality to a genre that is usually devoid of any such character. What are your plans, if any, to bring this personality into other genres as well? -jerkofalltrades

You were mentioning in an early interview that you were planning to have a schedule eventually for episodic releases of several game-series, is that something you're still planning to do, or is Bone the main focus for now?- Apignarb
  • edited April 2005
    GOOD QUESTIONES! [=D>]
    all that i wanna know is in there...
    now i just hope they'll give good answers...
  • edited April 2005
    Any word as to when they will reply?
  • edited April 2005
    I think it will be posted soon. Good job on the questions all its the toughest interview we've had yet!
  • edited May 2005
    Good job on the answers - it is one of the best we read yet.
  • edited May 2005
    where are the answers? :(
  • edited May 2005
This discussion has been closed.