Playtest

The latest Telltale newsletter reads:
[FONT=&quot]Do you live in the San Francisco Bay Area?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Do you love Wallace & Gromit and/or games? We're holding a playtest of the the first episode of Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures on the 22nd of November, at Telltale's HQ in San Rafael, California! Sign up today by sending us an email.[/FONT]
That must mean the series is coming along well... perhaps we can expect more information soon. Is anyone thinking of going?

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Hopefully someone will forget to sign the NDAs :D In any case, it's good to know the wait will probably be over soon.
  • edited November 2008
    I wish they had off-site testing
  • edited November 2008
    People who are present at playtesting should post descriptions of what they liked and didn't like, and replace all NDA (non-disclosure agreement) breaking words and sections with asterisks. For example, "I was disappointed when I found out that Wallace wasn't voiced by Peter Sallis." would become "I was disappointed when I found out that *************************************." Asterisks should replace spaces in these cases in order to prevent wild speculation.
  • edited November 2008
    Doesn't just asterisking out pretty much everything make it a bit pointless? I mean, you shouldn't be breaking the NDA anyway, but having all the asterisks makes a seem a waste of time even typing it out, seeing as even other playtesters wouldn't be able to work out what you mean.

Oh, for the record, my favourite ********** in the *********** is ***************.
  • MelMel
    edited November 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Asterisks should replace spaces in these cases in order to prevent wild speculation.

There is no cure for wild speculation. ;)
  • edited November 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Doesn't just asterisking out pretty much everything make it a bit pointless? I mean, you shouldn't be breaking the NDA anyway, but having all the asterisks makes a seem a waste of time even typing it out, seeing as even other playtesters wouldn't be able to work out what you mean.

Oh, for the record, my favourite ********** in the *********** is ***************.

It's not for the benefit of other playtesters. It's for the benefit of everyone else, who'll at least be able to understand the general tone of what you're saying.
  • edited November 2008
    Not really. They understand you're disappointed at something, but they've no idea what.
    For all they know, you could be trying to say you were disappointed when you found out the burger you bought on the way home from the playtest had too much ketchup on.

Also, I didn't mean to imply you were saying it was for the benefit of other playtesters, I meant even they wouldn't know where to begin deciphering it.
  • MelMel
    edited November 2008
    I don't really know why anyone would want to know too many specifics before the game came out. It would ruin the feeling you would get discovering the game for yourself.

Also, the game that gets playtested is not fully complete. It may be missing cutscenes and/or music for example. They may find things in the playtest (puzzle construction, how a puzzle is clued) that will get changed in the final game. As a playtester, you're doing a very good service for everyone else. They'll get a better game. So you may be disappointed about something. Wanting to tell the world on the forum isn't going to do anyone any good, but telling the designers at the playtest may (and you can kvetch to your hearts content, sans asterisks). :)
  • edited November 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    I don't really know why anyone would want to know too many specifics before the game came out. It would ruin the feeling you would get discovering the game for yourself.

Also, the game that gets playtested is not fully complete. It may be missing cutscenes and/or music for example. They may find things in the playtest (puzzle construction, how a puzzle is clued) that will get changed in the final game. As a playtester, you're doing a very good service for everyone else. They'll get a better game. So you may be disappointed about something. Wanting to tell the world on the forum isn't going to do anyone any good, but telling the designers at the playtest may (and you can kvetch to your hearts content, sans asterisks). :)

He knows to much! Prepare to suck thy Information from thy brain!
  • edited November 2008
    i wish they had ***site play****ing.
    I live in ca**da, so * cant *** to ***fran****o
  • edited November 2008
    natlinxz wrote: »
    i wish they had ***site play****ing.
    I live in ca**da, so * cant *** to ***fran****o

webtestnaigetsancisc?

Damn, no secret code.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.