Your favorite moments of SBCG4AP Ep 4: Dangeresque 3 [spoilers]

2»

Comments

• MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited December 2008
    Here's another "Behind the scenes" trivia moment that had an influence on the game. In extended play, when looking at the "river boat", Strong bad talks about how the scene was going to take place in a rocky cave, but then he remembered the boat... well that dialog came directly from an email from Mike Chapman. I had originally written the scene to take place at the cave in the Homsar reservation, but Mike & Matt had come up with a better idea:

"(we kinda liked the Homsar cave being a one-off location just for episode 2. The setting is almost too authentic for a Dangeresque movie. What if, since this part isn't hugely interactive, this part took place in Strong Badia a la the Riverquest Safariventure from the Theme Park email (see http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail104.html)? He could dress up his cardboard box boat a little more, have the running hose be the river, have some crappy palm trees painted on the fence, and possibly encounter some headhunters (the bear holding a shark). The serum could be under a loose plank of the fence, or in the tire, or wherever makes sense. Will something like that work?)"

I count this as one of my favorite moments because I love when stuff that happens in the real world makes it into the game. Strong Bad's dialog is almost word for word from that email.
  • edited December 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    Here's another "Behind the scenes" trivia moment that had an influence on the game. In extended play, when looking at the "river boat", Strong bad talks about how the scene was going to take place in a rocky cave, but then he remembered the boat... well that dialog came directly from an email from Mike Chapman. I had originally written the scene to take place at the cave in the Homsar reservation, but Mike & Matt had come up with a better idea:

"(we kinda liked the Homsar cave being a one-off location just for episode 2. The setting is almost too authentic for a Dangeresque movie. What if, since this part isn't hugely interactive, this part took place in Strong Badia a la the Riverquest Safariventure from the Theme Park email (see http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail104.html)? He could dress up his cardboard box boat a little more, have the running hose be the river, have some crappy palm trees painted on the fence, and possibly encounter some headhunters (the bear holding a shark). The serum could be under a loose plank of the fence, or in the tire, or wherever makes sense. Will something like that work?)"

I count this as one of my favorite moments because I love when stuff that happens in the real world makes it into the game. Strong Bad's dialog is almost word for word from that email.

Sah-weet! Thanks for the insight!
  • edited December 2008
    i liked the opening credits. i even laughed for some reason. i liked when coach z was spinning the helicopter propeller every now and then. how strong sad was wairing that suit they wair when they are gonna animate part of your body. and i really enjoyed how you can click on the chair and it takes you to the more serious dangeresque. definatly my one of my favorite episodes.

dadgeresque still gives me a laugh!!!
  • edited December 2010
    I loved how Senor Cardgage ruined many scenes. This is my favorite:

(DADgeresque is dying)
    Dangeresque: We've only just begun! You're the wind underneath my wings!
    Renaldo: He's gone, Dangeresque!
    (In the background, Senor Cardgage can be seen walking away from the scene)

That still makes me laugh for 2 minutes at the shortest
  • edited December 2010
    I'm the henchman!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.