Strong Bad's favorite game?

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
Despite his amassed knowledge of all games, I'm sure there are a few Strong Bad hasn't heard of.

In this thread I'd love it if you guys named a few games which you think Strong Bad would be into if he knew about them, and (this is the important part) explain why. Present your case well!

I will start!

nanosaur.jpg

Nanosaur

Released for Macintosh (~MacOS 9 era) in 1998. In Nanosaur, you play a small dinosaur from a future, who is sent back in time to collect prehistoric dinosaur eggs to take with you, back to the future to save your dying race. You collect these eggs by fighting other, bigger dinosaurs. Also you have a jet pack. So, you're a jet pack dinosaur from the future who fights prehistoric dinosaurs by blasting them with laser beams, and then steals their eggs.

Bonus fact, according to Wikipedia: "A cheat in the game allows all of the weapons to be obtained by jumping off of a high surface or riding a flying creature."

And, as you can see, the graphics are amazing.

That's my candidate for Strong Bad's favorite game. Please best me in this battle with proposals of your own. (I have obvious holes in my proposal which allow it to be topped -- for instance Nanosaur's soundtrack includes no electric guitar, an obvious oversight.)

Comments

• edited November 2008
    I'd say that Text-based games like Peasent's Quest would be his fav.
  • edited November 2008
    E.T. Extra Terrestrial (1982, Atari)

I mean, look at this:

E.T._The_Extraterrestrial_2600_ScreenShot1.jpg

If that isn't graphics enough, I don't know.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited November 2008
    If I know Strong Bad, (and that's still up for debate), I'd say he'd absolutely love this game:

SpaceRobot.jpg
    LINK

I mean just look at that cover! Robot Vacuum cleaner... with probably a brain in that dome... shooting lightning at a hot robot babe riding on some sort of aquatic robo-dino-dragon! It doesn't get more awesome than that!!
  • edited November 2008
    Super Smash Bros Brawl. He loves beating up people and thats what you do in Super smash bros brawl beat up video game characters with other video game characters.
  • edited November 2008
    Problem with Super Smash Bros. Brawl is that it doesn't contain enough graphics.
  • edited November 2008
    Syntax Error's hack of SSBB. Who wouldn't want to beat up Santa Claus as a Kirby with a decapitated Pikachu as a hat MEAT GRINDER ROB? That's the most awesome thing I can think of.
  • edited November 2008
    Oh, hey, I played Nanosaur. If you use the cheat you can shoot humongous bombs all over the place(I couldn't figure out how to use the jet pack unfortunately). But more on topic, Here's a list of games we know for sure he has.
  • edited November 2008
    Any of the Metroid games (more likely an older one, to stay true to his love of "classic" games). The formula proves it:

A=bc

A is a scale of the awexomeness of the game at hand.

B is the amount of alien-blasting in the game.

smet.jpg

C is the number of hot chicks in the game.

1737572.jpg

Quite obviously, this game was meant for Strong Bad.
  • edited November 2008
    Yeah, but that stuff actually makes it awesome. Strong Bad prefers over the top awexome. Like dinosaurs with jetpacks.
  • edited November 2008
    Duke Nukem 3D, of course.

Babes? Check.

Robots? Check.

Rock music? Check.

Aliens? Check.

Weaponry? Big check.

Inflated ego from the main character? Check.

Pop culture references? Che-he-heck.

Also, jetpacks.

I rest my case.
  • edited December 2008
    Holyxion wrote: »
    Oh, hey, I played Nanosaur. If you use the cheat you can shoot humongous bombs all over the place(I couldn't figure out how to use the jet pack unfortunately). But more on topic, Here's a list of games we know for sure he has.
    Wko would of guessed. Strong Bad had Sam & Max. And a game that is in 4-D. Amazing
  • edited December 2008
    Two Three words: Destroy All Humans!!
    For Wii, XBox, PS2, and I forget the rest.

I don't see how Strong Bad could not enjoy a game where you can telepathicly throw a cow at a farmer and then suck his brain out.

Now then, why it is awesome:

1. You play as a wisecracking smart-aleck bad*** alien with a jetpack.
    2. You can asplode people's heads.
    3. Guns and weapons galore!
    4. You can spend your time randomly burninating the countryside aimlessly in your space machine.
    5. It never seems to end. Ever. Unless you have no life.
    6. It finally gives you a chance to kill every last moron on the planet.
    7. The main character looks like SB sans mask and gloves.
    8. Mind-blowing, revolutionary, state-of-the-art graphics.

I rest my case. Rest nuttin', my case is in a six-month coma!
  • edited December 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Nanosaur

Released for Macintosh (~MacOS 9 era) in 1998.
    wasn't there a newer version of the game that came free with g4 imacs or something??
  • edited December 2008
    I have Nanosaur! And yeah, there are a lot of weird cheats/glitches. It's a pretty hard game because it's not divided up into levels. It came with the orange iMac we got in 2001. Another game called Bugdom came on it too, which I like better.
    wisp wrote: »
    wasn't there a newer version of the game that came free with g4 imacs or something??

Nanosaur 2? http://www.pangeasoft.net/nano2/index.html
  • edited December 2008
    Compy 386 wrote: »
    Two Three words: Destroy All Humans!!
    For Wii, XBox, PS2, and I forget the rest.

I don't see how Strong Bad could not enjoy a game where you can telepathicly throw a cow at a farmer and then suck his brain out.

I can't believe I forgot about this game. He would love that game.
  • edited December 2008
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I can't believe I forgot about this game. He would love that game.

I know. :D If I had his snailmail adress, I'd get 'im it for Decemberween.

One glance at the box is all it takes to make it ooze of Strong Bad's style:
    3060000000050859.JPG?0.4131378085413222

That could be Stro Bro's long-lost cousin!
    BTW: This topic = very un-suspicious.
  • edited December 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »

Babes? Check.

Robots? Check.

Rock music? Check.

Aliens? Check.

Weaponry? Big check.

Inflated ego from the main character? Check.

Pop culture references? Che-he-heck.

Also, jetpacks.

I rest my case.

DAH fits that checklist too!

...well, you have to kill all the babes, but still...
  • edited December 2008
    Well, I think Strong Bad may like Roguelikes...Not love them of course, they don't usually got chicks. But check out these screenshots of GOOD GRAPHICS...

doomrl003.png
    This picture links to Doom RL. Why play regular Doom with those lame graphics when you can do a graphics upgrade to ASCII?

a2.png
    This picture is a picture from the game Drawf Fortress, and the picture links to a Let's Play of an earlier version of Drawf Fortress. In this lovely picture, you can see the great drawf-wizard Sankis beat up the Elite Marksdwarf Kadol Lokumad...while on fire.

And here's two images from the roguelike that I enjoy the most. Liberal Crime Squad. Alright so Marzipan might like it more than Strong Bad (since the goal of the game is to create a Liberal utopia, for example, stopping pollution, freeing bunnies, having gun control, and other Liberal stuff), maybe. But still...

liberal1.JPG
    Picture5-2.png

The game is a satire, but it is best to be very careful. I can't find an image at the moment, but you could also have people use the power of rock (guitars) to convert your enemies onto your side. And you can go on dates and seduce people to be Love Slaves. So maybe Strong Bad might like it.

EDIT: Er, if anyone wants to play LCS, you could check out this forum where they discuss it as well (to gain tips). The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is a little outdated.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.