Does the SB model SBCG4AP contain a face underneath the mask like Halo 3?

When designing SB did tt games make a face underneath SB mask like in halo 3 if anyone remembers the master chief's face easter egg.

Comments

• edited November 2008
    What mask?
  • edited November 2008
    Seriously, that's his face.
  • edited November 2008
    Well, that wasn't always his face... he wore that mask so much when he was younger that all of the skin on his face died, and the mask fused to his face guts, etc. Now he can't take it off even if he wanted to, cause he'd suffocate or something? I dunno.

Just take it from me kids... Don't let babies wear wrestling masks, wigs, or plastic bags on their heads. It never ends well.
  • edited November 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »
    Seriously, that's his face.
    They would have to use a face to make his mask.
  • edited November 2008
    so...you want a 3d model of strong bad without the mask? believe me, you don't want to see his face...regardless of what it would look like, you would be disappointed. we all would be...

@dangerzone: is this little story your own interpretation...or did you get that from an official source somehow?
  • edited November 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    so...you want a 3d model of strong bad without the mask? believe me, you don't want to see his face...regardless of what it would look like, you would be disappointed. we all would be...

@dangerzone: is this little story your own interpretation...or did you get that from an official source somehow?

If bungie designed a face for master chief underneath his helmet then maybe their might be a face underneath that mask or maybe not.Only TT games know.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Yeah Strong Bad's real face is under his mask. Confirmed.
  • edited November 2008
    Did TTG program a face underneath strong bad's mask or did they make it faceless?
  • edited November 2008
    I just pulled it off through hackery.
    DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID.
    Seriously.
  • edited November 2008
    Seriously.

Got a picture.
  • edited November 2008
    Got a picture.

probably not
  • edited November 2008
    Got a picture.

Strong_Bad_Unmasked_by_MikeMedia.jpg?
  • edited November 2008
    Seriously.

So, was it a real face, and you were just extremely disappointed, or there was a blank face, and you were still disappointed? If you don't clarify, I may need to make the same mistake myself...

By the way, Strong bad did take off his mask (or face, which is what I believe) in sbemail 162 - the chair. My best guess is that it would look like any stupid model in a biography class : red muscles. The closest we've ever gotten to seeing his face (before this, I suppose) was in the decompiled picture from 162, found on hrwiki. Wow. His mask look a lot like a ski mask when it's not on his head. And maybe like there's a bowl in the bottom.
  • edited November 2008
    The "canon" answer, if such a thing is possible in the H*R universe, is revealed in Strong Bad E-mail #162:
    STRONG BAD: {reading email} Dear Strong Bad, how come you never take your mask off? {typing} Like I've said before, this is not a mask. It's my face. But hey, I'll give it a shot!
  • edited November 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Strong_Bad_Unmasked_by_MikeMedia.jpg?

he looks like a red child stepheaded..........wait wat?:):):(:(:confused::confused::mad::mad::p:p;);):D:D:o:o:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::eek::eek:... i dont know why i just did that
  • edited November 2008
    I somehow feel like this is a bad idea, but I'm going to dare to ask for a picture. Please. Not just posted, but maybe a link to the picture? I, sadly, do not have hacking skills.

I just want to see what kind of creative thing TellTale did with this idea. I'll always believe that his mask is his face, no matter how awesome, or non, the picture is.
  • edited November 2008
    I just want to see what kind of creative thing TellTale did with this idea.
    I'm pretty sure Jake is being sarcastic.
    (Also, 16_BIT_MARIO1.)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Okay I'll reveal it. Tomorrow.
  • edited November 2008
    Telltale Games: Strong Bad's Face Tomorrow, Today
  • edited November 2008
    I'm pretty sure Jake is being sarcastic.
    either that...or he is planning something.

technically it wouldn't make any sense to make a strong bad model with a real face and a mask over it. even if there are plans to unmask him in the final episode, you would have to carry around those extra polygons for four espisodes. i would rather make two strong bad models, one with the face and one with the other face....since the mask isa his face.
    or maybe exchange the headmodel at some point...

...same with the master chief: i haven't played halo 2 or 3, but i can't imagine he is running around the whole game with a face under his mask. he is not taking of this helmet all the time, right? on the other hand...invisible polygons aren't rendered anyway...but the system has to do a visibility check on them all the time. wouldn't probably bother a newer system though. hmm...i seriously need to get back into that 3d business.
    anyway...the helmet i larger than the human head underneath..so you wouldn't risk any intersections.

...a face under strong bad's mask would have probably caused some clipping errors at some point...while moving the whole thing around.

does this sound like i know what i am talking about? if not, feel free to correct me..
  • edited November 2008
    I pulled his mask off, and it was my own face staring back at me.

jibbliejibbliejibblie
  • edited November 2008
    i thought this is about strong bad..not darth vader.;)
  • edited November 2008
    I would take the time to make a Photoshop picture revealing Strong bad as Homestar runner (and vice versa just for kicks). But I seriously have better things to do... No really, I do.

(Also, given his green eyes, and odd shaped head, and the sound he made last time he pulled off his mask... I think would be frightened to see his real face anyways.)
  • edited November 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    okay i'll reveal it. Tomorrow.

sweet.:d:d:d:d:d:d
  • edited November 2008
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    sweet.:d:d:d:d:d:d
    He was joking I think. Anyway Jake while designing Strong Bad did you put a face underneath the mask or is it faceless. Did the brother Chaps see how he looks like in 3D without the mask and comment on it.
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    When I was in high school, we were forced to read a lot of books. A lot of it was snooty writing by snooty authors. We were forced to read in between the lines of a lot of stuff - you know, to extract the deeper meaning and all that jazz.

Sometimes, I felt like people were trying to extract something from nothing.
  • edited November 2008
    Gary wrote: »
    When I was in high school, we were forced to read a lot of books. A lot of it was snooty writing by snooty authors. We were forced to read in between the lines of a lot of stuff - you know, to extract the deeper meaning and all that jazz.

Sometimes, I felt like people were trying to extract something from nothing.

Was their a face designed underneath it or not. Yes or No.
  • edited November 2008
    Was their a face designed underneath it or not. Yes or No.

Who can say, in this crazy mixed-up world we live in?
  • edited November 2008
    I can: No.
  • edited November 2008
    Darn you and your vague hints! You're worse than the Internet Wizard.
  • edited November 2008
    Darn you and your vague hints! You're worse than the Internet Wizard.
    I really hope you're not talking to me.
  • edited November 2008
    I'm talking to Telltale.
  • edited November 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Who can say, in this crazy mixed-up world we live in?
    Which employee or employees designed StrongBad and did you work on that game?
  • edited November 2008
    Which employee or employees designed StrongBad and did you work on that game?
    Haven't you watched the "Behind the Bad" videos? While the rest of the game was rendered in 3D, the parts for Strong Bad were videotaped live at the studio using the real Strong Bad.

Did you honestly think that it would be humanly possible to lip-sync (or pink-rectangle-sync) all of those lines of dialogue or animate all of the various actions with the limited timetable available? Inconceivable!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    I designed the original Strong Bad and the Chapmans stole him from me! One day they'll pay! You'll all pay!
  • edited November 2008
    Will wrote: »
    I designed the original Strong Bad...
    Meaning you worked on Tag Team Wrestling?
  • edited November 2008
    he looks like a red child stepheaded..........wait wat?:):):(:(:confused::confused::mad::mad::p:p;);):D:D:o:o:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::eek::eek:... i dont know why i just did that

i drank too much coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee no i didnt drink coffee i admit it it was crack quoted by jeff dunham who is awesome
  • edited November 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Okay I'll reveal it. Tomorrow.

uh..its sorta today! let yet another thread end, jake!
  • edited November 2008
    uh..its sorta today! let yet another thread end, jake!
    No, it's precisely today. And he said he'd reveal it tomorrow. And today isn't tomorrow, so just wait until tomorrow and he'll reveal it.
  • edited November 2008
    He was just joking.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.