Is someone at Telltale an Atari fan?

I ask because the fun machine in Strong Bad games looks a lot like the old Atari VCS2600 6 and 4 switch console.

Also by the way do you know there are bugs in the games? Voices stop for no reason and the only way to get voices back is to save and re-load.

Comments

• edited November 2008
    daro2096 wrote: »
    I ask because the fun machine in Strong Bad games looks a lot like the old Atari VCS2600 6 and 4 switch console.
    If there's a resemblance, it's because of Matt and Mike Chapman (the Homestar Runner guys), since a similar console has been present in Strong Bad's room well before SBCG4AP was conceived.
  • edited November 2008
    I think the Funmachine in SBCG4AP is sort of an Atari-NES hybrid, with maybe a hint of Sega Master System. Although the games in episodes 3 and 4 feel more like late 80s PC games to me. It's almost like each episode's game is about 3/4 of a generation more advanced than the last one.
  • edited November 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I think the Funmachine in SBCG4AP is sort of an Atari-NES hybrid, with maybe a hint of Sega Master System. Although the games in episodes 3 and 4 feel more like late 80s PC games to me. It's almost like each episode's game is about 3/4 of a generation more advanced than the last one.

Yeah, I just noticed that!
  • edited November 2008
    I'm really not sure what to make of the Space Circus game in episode 4, with it's jpeg-looking background and its real-time sprite scaling. What's it supposed to be, a Game Boy Advance? :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.