I have to re-install Back to the Future every time

I just bought Back to the Future and am playing it in Windows 8. Whenever I shut down and return later to play I have to re-install the game. After I put my username and password in the log in page that needs to be filled out before each game play I only get the "get it" selection button and have to sit through an install before I can resume play.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. If an Episode is not registering as 'owned', please make sure you are launching the Episode using the correct shortcut. For example, if you launch the game using the Episode 1 shortcut, and play Episode 3, Episode 3 will not save. However, if you use the Shortcut for Episode 3, Episode 3 will save.

If you are still experiencing this issue after making sure you are opening the right launcher icon, please try clearing your login history by using the Windows shortcut (Control+ Shift + -) and it will delete your login history, and you should then be able to log in, and play the game successfully.

• I am having almost the same problem except I can't even start episode 1; I get the same endless loop that takes me to the "get it" screen. I've done the control+shift+minus to clear my login and that still doesn't work. I reported it on ticket 28217 and 28216.

I apologize for any difficulties this causes you. You should be getting a response from our Support Staff shortly.

cyvierra posted: »

I am having almost the same problem except I can't even start episode 1; I get the same endless loop that takes me to the "get it" screen. I

• I'm having the same problem as cyvierra, is there any solution?

Thanks

Rob.

I apologize for any difficulties this causes you. You should be getting a response from our Support Staff shortly.

• It seems you have to run it as an administrator. It might be helpful to point that out on the screen in case anyone else has this problem..

Thanks.

Rob.

Thank you for posting the extra information @skybluerob! I hope you are able to enjoy the game!

skybluerob posted: »

It seems you have to run it as an administrator. It might be helpful to point that out on the screen in case anyone else has this problem.. Thanks. Rob.

• i have the same issue. running as administrator is not working. What's the solution to this problem?

My apologies, please try clearing your login history by using the Windows shortcut (Control+ Shift + -) and it will delete your login history, and you should then be able to log in, and play the game successfully. If you still experience issues, and you have tried Running As Administrator, please also try playing the game in a Compatibility Mode. (Right click the game icon, click Properties, and select the Compatibility tab. Then select a Compatibility mode using the drop down menu. We recommend Windows 98/ME)

makxsh1mum posted: »

i have the same issue. running as administrator is not working. What's the solution to this problem?

• Ok Telltalemike, i finally got the game to work. I played for about an hour, quit. Started the game up the next day and now there's no save file. I have to start all over again. Where are my save files and how do i get them to recognize?

My apologies, please try clearing your login history by using the Windows shortcut (Control+ Shift + -) and it will delete your login histor

If you resolved the issue by running the game in a Compatibility Mode, it would have created a separate file directory in 'My Documents/Telltale games/' instead of 'Documents/Telltale Games/'. Your save files should be in there. Can you please clarify if while playing, that you saw a 'Saving...' icon in the top right corner of the screen while you were playing for that hour? If not, can you please clarify if you hit the Escape key to pause the game, and manually save the game, at any point?

Ok Telltalemike, i finally got the game to work. I played for about an hour, quit. Started the game up the next day and now there's no save file. I have to start all over again. Where are my save files and how do i get them to recognize?

• I actually was able to run it in administrator mode. As for whether it saved during the game, i can't recall. When I exited, I'm pretty sure I had saved it.

That said, If the game is pointing to a different directory for the save files, how do i make the game use that location to load the save files?

If you resolved the issue by running the game in a Compatibility Mode, it would have created a separate file directory in 'My Documents/Tell

Now that you are able to run the game, please run the support tool file again, and follow the steps to upload it, and copy and paste the download link in a reply to this discussion, and I should then be able to assist you with the save file directory issue.

I actually was able to run it in administrator mode. As for whether it saved during the game, i can't recall. When I exited, I'm pretty su

This discussion has been closed.