TWAU Ep 3 download issue

Whenever I go to download Episode 3, the download screen comes up and then freezes immediately. The music continues playing, but the screen freezes and it refuses to download. I have restarted the computer several times during this process, but it continues to refuse to allow me to download. Since I paid for the whole season, and this is only episode 3, I would really like to play this game or get all of my money back.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try deleting your SyncFs folder from your

C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us\ file directory if on PC,

or

~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us/ file directory if on Mac,

and then restart the game, and you should receive any of the necessary updates to make Episode 3 available to download.

• I deleted the SyncFs folder, but now, not only did this delete Episode 2, which I had finished playing, but it still freezes when I try to download episode 3. This music still plays, while the screen sticks on "Downloading 0%." The computer freezes here and the only way to get out of it is to open the task manager and close the program this way.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try deleting your SyncFs folder from your C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf

Can you please clarify whether you purchased the game from Telltale Games, or from a third party website such as Steam? Also, can you please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

Bartman42 posted: »

I deleted the SyncFs folder, but now, not only did this delete Episode 2, which I had finished playing, but it still freezes when I try to d

• I purchased the game online through Telltale Games shortly after its release.

I ran the support too and the diagnosis file link is at:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c12mpz

Can you please clarify whether you purchased the game from Telltale Games, or from a third party website such as Steam? Also, can you please

After looking over your support tool information, it seems that you may be experiencing this crashing because your computer is running below the minimum system requirements. Where we require a minimum of 3 Gigabytes of RAM, and 512mb of dedicated memory, your current system is running at 1.6 Gigabytes of Ram, and 128mb of dedicated memory. While you may have been able to play some episodes, the more graphically intensive episodes may result in crashing or freezing. I recommend either playing on a system above the minimum specs, or requesting a refund from the distributor you purchased the game from. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Bartman42 posted: »

I purchased the game online through Telltale Games shortly after its release. I ran the support too and the diagnosis file link is at: http://www.sendspace.com/file/c12mpz

This discussion has been closed.