Neverhood discussion

edited November 2008 in Wallace & Gromit
BiggerJ wrote: »
Klaymen
Is that a reference to this, or am I making myself look like an idiot by thinking so?
16821-16821-20060424_160753-320x240.jpg

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Is that a reference to this, or am I making myself look like an idiot by thinking so?

Nope and yep respectively. Different Klaymen.

picture.php?albumid=163&pictureid=922
  • edited November 2008
    Ohhhhhh, well that's how you spell that kind of klay men.
  • edited November 2008

klaymen.jpg

Meet one of the greatest adventure protagonists ever. Klaymen (derived from the French word "Le Klaymen", which means "Awesome game is awesome"), the clay man in question, is the star of The Neverhood, a game that I like to call "officially sanctioned abandonware", derived from the German word "abandonwarenschpiel", which means "It's now free, so download it yesterday".

This maze of a run-on sentence is brought to you by the Neverhood On Every Computer Foundation. (NOECF, for short. Pronounced "no-eck-fuh".)
  • edited November 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    klaymen.jpg

Meet one of the greatest adventure protagonists ever. Klaymen (derived from the French word "Le Klaymen", which means "Awesome game is awesome"), the clay man in question, is the star of The Neverhood, a game that I like to call "officially sanctioned abandonware", derived from the German word "abandonwarenschpiel", which means "It's now free, so download it yesterday".

This maze of a run-on sentence is brought to you by the Neverhood On Every Computer Foundation. (NOECF, for short. Pronounced "no-eck-fuh".)
    OH YEAH?! WELL, I CAN MAKE A LONG EXPLANATORY POST TOO!!
    Meet the klay men. They live in Klay World, which is a table filled with klay people. Pictured from left to right are Smiling Gary, Mr. Black, Pick, and (I think) Chip (derived from the Greek word "chippinstreig" meaning "He has a chip in his head). They are generally not very smart, and are really clumsy and violent. They star in many klaymations on KnoxsKorner.com, and starred in Klay World: Off The Table. In the film, they are contacted through Smiling Gary's pink radio, so they build buy a truck on the internet to find them.

In their most recent adventure, The Rodent (derived from the Greek word "rodentchitzel" meaning "OH GOD HE'S KILLING ME) a mysterious new klay man with purple hair has killed as many klay men as he can find, except for Chip. Why? Well, the series isn't finished yet, so I don't know.
  • edited November 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    klaymen.jpg

Man, I still have the original disc, and the game music was EPIC.
  • edited November 2008
    I have it too!
  • edited November 2008
    Hey guys, I'm splitting this conversation off into its own thread, since it's getting off-topic.
  • edited November 2008
    Yeah, sorry about that. :p When The Neverhood is mentioned, my inner geek goes into overdrive. :D
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Alright as long as we're not running some other thread off the rails, I thought I'd chime in to share my love of The Neverhood.

Here's pretty much my favorite cutscene from any game, and one of my favorite sequences of stop-motion animation period:

Part one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aDh_O3FQWY
    Thrilling conclusion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMMks3_PDLI&feature=related
  • edited November 2008
    Hey, the Neverhood! The first game I ever beat, and the game that led me to discover fandom! I love that game. I was fixated on it for some time in 1998. It was right after my Wallace & Gromit fixation, actually.

It was ten years before I had the courage to watch the scene where you die, or the evil ending. I'd stopped being terrified of video games some time ago, but some things stay with you.

Big Robot Bil was always my favourite cutscene. That and the ending.

Even though I know it's going to be different to the game, i can't wait for the movie.
  • edited November 2008
    Shwoo wrote: »

Even though I know it's going to be different to the game, i can't wait for the movie.

Same here. The concept art worried me, though. I have a feeling that either:

A. Klaymen won't have a role.

B. Klaymen will be so drastically different that we'll barely recognize him.

C. It won't be claymated.

or D. They'll cut down on the strange tone to appeal to a wider audience.
  • edited November 2008
    BOOO. I want to play this game, but this is like, the Holy Grail of Adventure Gaming! There's got to be a better way to get my mitts on a copy of this without having to pay $150 for one on ebay.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.