Telltale Brings Hit Games to Xbox One and PlayStation 4

TelltaleGamesTelltaleGames Former Telltale Staff

WD-S2-platforms

Today, we can confirm that The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series – Season One, The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series - Season Two and The Wolf Among Us: A Telltale Games Series will be coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this year. Furthermore, The Walking Dead - Season Two and The Wolf Among Us will be released as retail discs for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 following their continuing success as digital downloads.

WD-GOTY-platforms

We will have confirmed release date availability soon, but in the meantime, you can pre-order disc versions now from your favorite retailer.

TWAU-platforms

Stay tuned here and follow telltalegames on Twitter for the latest news on all of our titles!

Comments

• Holy Fawk.

• omfg...this means that game of thrones or borderlands is coming to next gen yeeeeeeeeesss

• Nice I guess... But I don't have either so no game for me... lol.

• Neither do I, it's still cool though :P.

Nice I guess... But I don't have either so no game for me... lol.

• Great news! Now I can replay all of these on my Xbox One.

• Here's hoping there is something in place similar to what Mojang did with the next-gen versions of Minecraft. I'd be more than willing to pay a $5 upgrade fee to transfer my Xbox 360 license of The Walking Dead over to my Xbox One but buying it again at full price would be a tough sell (unless the next-gen version really is something beyond what amounts to the PC version on high settings)

• Any chance of a PS Vita retail version of Walking Dead season 2?

• I'm sure there will be.

Borshay posted: »

Any chance of a PS Vita retail version of Walking Dead season 2?

• Any word on cross-buy for the Playstation versions? I bought season passes of both TWAU and TWD:S2 but have been waiting for the full seasons to drop before playing. I would be super bummed if I now I had to buy the PS4 version and never touch the PS3 one.

• Is this EU bound aswell?

• Finally.

• Looking forward to doing a Let's play of TWD and TWAU :)

I hope Season 2 of TWD will feature a Platinum

• The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us are successes in digital downloads - I guess that's all I need as the confirmation of TWD Season 3 and TWAU Season 2 :) I guess that both these titles will be released once Borderlands and Game of Thrones are finished. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

• Question...
    What happens to those of us that started on 360/PS3 and want to, say, continue on Xbox One/PS4 for TWD Season 3 and TWAU Season 2? Will we have some ability to transfer those decisions? I honestly, might be completely over both games if my previous decisions don't transfer to the new consoles.

• Do saves carry across from Season 1 to Season 2? I played Season 1 on my Vita but now have a PS4 and would love to continue the story on that, don't suppose there's going to be any way to transfer saves between platforms?

• My only question is whether these will be significantly better than the PS3 and 360 versions. Like, is the gameplay going to be seamlessly smooth and is it going to be 60 fps, for example? I've just played these games so much that to buy them again would require for them to be improved fitting the next-gen standard.

• I think that Season 1 and Season 2 should be combined pack release for the PS4/Xbox One editions.

• That would actually be pretty cool to see. Maybe as a special edition or something.

[Moderators are not Telltale staff, so I know as much as you do about whether or not this will happen...]

I think that Season 1 and Season 2 should be combined pack release for the PS4/Xbox One editions.

• Best buy has released dates for Season 1 of The Walking Dead & Wolf Among Us: http://gamers4xbox.wordpress.com/2014/05/30/walking-dead-wolf-among-us-coming-to-next-gen/

• Hey guys,

Is there any confirmation that we will be able to purchase the games digitally? Also any plans for cross-buy support or discount for the PS3 and/or PSVita buyers?

• I already bought Season passes of S2 of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us. I would love to transfer from the PS3 to continue the story on PS4. Please support cross-save. Talk with Sony if you need their help. Please! Cross-buy would be a nice to have also.

coldmilk posted: »

Here's hoping there is something in place similar to what Mojang did with the next-gen versions of Minecraft. I'd be more than willing to pa

• edited May 2014

Awesome! I hope that they run and look as good as the PC ports (1080p and 60fps.) Can't wait to see them in action on my ps4.

• Nice cant wait but will Gamestop in Ireland get this ? Im a big fan please bring it to Gamestop in Ireland. Also Gamestop in Ireland has every game for 75 EURO will this be the same i hope not

• Good news, but I hope there will be an android version soon as well :) (TWD season 1 was a big hit, awsome port without a bug, with the highest rating of 4,5 reviewed by thousands of people.)

• Some User on my Website www.insidegames-forum.ch ask me, if the disc-release included german subtitles for both games. Is that so?

• Italian translate, please!!!

• Season 2 disc version for PC!!! I don't like these virtual "steam game". I like the classic installing from CD/DVD. And i like the game case.

• What about subtitles ? (FR, ES, IT, DE...)

This discussion has been closed.