The main problem with the car!

edited May 2006 in Sam & Max
I've finally realised what's wrong with the car. I know you guys are probably getting sick of everyone making enormous lists of problems but this is important... How the hell can you go Highway Surfing with a car with no roof!? The mind boggles!

On a less negative note, the trailer's looking pretty sweet. More! More!

Comments

• edited May 2006
    Shit, you're right! On the bonnet, perhaps? Damn, I was really hoping for highway surfing to make an appearance in the episodes.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2006
    Heh... you said "bonnet". :D

I like to think of the new DeSoto as Sam's mid-life crisis car.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2006
    The DeSoto being a convertible does have the advantage that Max can ride along by biting into the top of the windshield and hanging on by his teeth.
  • edited May 2006
    The DeSoto being a convertible does have the advantage that Max can ride along by biting into the top of the windshield and hanging on by his teeth.
    This will help the FPS "on rails" element of the episodes. Full 360 degree view, and now shooting off a RPG gun will not blow up the car because it hit the roof.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2006
    This will help the FPS "on rails" element of the episodes. Full 360 degree view, and now shooting off a RPG gun will not blow up the car because it hit the roof of the car.

That's very true. No roof = all the better for firing off Sam's new plasma rifle with up to 3 alternate firing methods and melee attack.
  • edited May 2006

Then please PLEASE let there be a comic reference to it in the game. Capitalise on any changes you make by making a comical point about it. Its what Sam & Max WOULD do in my humble opinion.
  • edited May 2006
    Ooh yes; references to locales from the SURFIN' THE HIGHWAY comic would go down really well...the amusement park, the Egyptian area with the aliens, the volcano, the pirate's ship & Ma & Pa's are a couple that really appealed to me.
  • edited May 2006
    This will help the FPS "on rails" element of the episodes. Full 360 degree view, and now shooting off a RPG gun will not blow up the car because it hit the roof of the car.

That's very true. No roof = all the better for firing off Sam's new plasma rifle with up to 3 alternate firing methods and melee attack.

But can you earn 'respect' and go recruiting gangsters from your neighourhood to join you in the car and shoot their gats and such? This will make the turf wars sections that little bit more interesting.
  • edited May 2006
    That actually doesn't sound too bad... although I wish I knew what a gat is.
  • edited May 2006
    A gat? Well, a gat is simply...who knows?

Anyway, I kind of like the topless Desoto...but it raises the question of highway surfing. Max can chill on the bonnet.
  • edited May 2006

Then please PLEASE let there be a comic reference to it in the game. Capitalise on any changes you make by making a comical point about it. Its what Sam & Max WOULD do in my humble opinion.

^
    ||
    What he said!
  • edited May 2006
    gats

Is that a word?
  • edited May 2006
    gats

Is that a word?

It's slang for gun(s).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gat
Sign in to comment in this discussion.