I didn't like 2 Strong Bads on my desktop, so I made a new icon

Yeah, there was a blurb in a previous thread about who would grace the star in Dangeresque 3. Dangeresque is cool and all, but I didn't like having 2 Strong Bads on my desktop, so I put Renaldo in a star and called it a day. Check it out:

picture.php?albumid=157&pictureid=1092

I used a resource editor to actually change the icon group in the .exe itself, but if anyone wants a copy that you can assign to shortcuts, I dumped a copy at my geocities account. It's here:

http://www.geocities.com/poohead900/77.ico

Right-click, save as. Don't worry, its a full icon group. it's not that small.

Edit: If Trogdor isn't in the EP5 icon, I'd better get to work. But that's a gimme. Who else would it be?

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Sweet Renaldo!
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Tee-hee. :)
  • edited December 2008
    How do i upload them as the avatars on the computer? (Sorry if this is a stupid question i'm just not good with uploading stuff)
  • edited December 2008
    No not like that. I mean as a DESKTOP avatar
  • edited December 2008
    For that you can only re-iconify the shortcuts unless you replace the icon resources in the .exes themselves (not even gonna bother, thats rougher than most) Once you get the icon you want, put it somewhere where it won't get in the way (some folder somewhere). Do some of that right-clicking on the shortcut's icon, and (assuming you're under XP or Vista) hit preferences -> shortcut tab (in vista its the default tab open). Theres a nifty little "change icon" button, click it. Then browse to where you put the downloaded icon, select it and you're done! Ok, Apply, Bam.

edit: word of caution, that orange on green is really starting to hurt my eyes.....
  • edited December 2008
    Awesome jorb there. You wouldn't know it wasn't an official icon. In fact, with the upraised hand it blends in with the visual flow of the episode 2 and 3 icons so that the episode 1 icon appears to be the odd one.
  • edited December 2008
    If Trogdor isn't in the EP5 icon, I'd better get to work. But that's a gimme. Who else would it be? Oh yeah, Stinkoman.... right.

Edit: Like they say at staples -- That was easy.

picture.php?albumid=157&pictureid=1079

Double Edit: I modified it a little, too much empty space.

picture.php?albumid=157&pictureid=1091

Triple Edit: Hey I got pretty close to what telltale used with that first try.
  • edited December 2008
    poohead900 wrote: »
    If Trogdor isn't in the EP5 icon, I'd better get to work. But that's a gimme. Who else would it be? Oh yeah, Stinkoman.... right.

Edit: Like they say at staples -- That was easy.

picture.php?albumid=157&pictureid=1079

I'd like to see them put the 20X6 version of Trogdor that appeared in... Happy Trogday, was it? I think Stinkoman called him "Trogador" and asked if roaring at him was his "crazy mixed up way of asking for some kind of birthday challenge". That guy looked at least 13% cooler than the average coolness of Trogdor divided by Stinkoman multiplied by height... er, I mean, yeah... uh, wait...
  • edited December 2008
    I wish they used this icon instead.
  • edited December 2008
    I'm usually not a big fan of fan made art and icons and such, but both of these icons are quite top notch. Huzzah to both of you.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Ha! I told 'em they should use Renaldo!
  • edited December 2008
    How do I make it save as an icon?
  • edited December 2008
    Strong Max wrote: »
    How do I make it save as an icon?

If you go to my geocities site, it should show up really teeny-tiny (assuming that hourly bandwidth cap hasn't been maxed out). Just right-click on that teeny-tiny icon, and save as. I'd put it somewhere out of the way, like in the game folder.

Don't worry, if it's assigned to something, it can be expanded up to 256x256 pixels, there's 7 actual icons in that file altogether.

As for the Trogdor one, I didn't icon-ify it. I just drew it and photochopped it to look like an icon. I already had a layered star and gradient outline, took me about 15 minutes to pop Trogdor in there. I'm sure when the real one comes out, it'll look much better.
  • edited December 2008
    They look awesome. :D Would you be able to fix Strong Bad's eyes on the Episode 1 icon? :D They look really dark and misshaped at the moment.
  • edited December 2008
    Hmm, you're right. And the discoloration isn't from the palette.

Shouldn't be hard, I'll see what I can fire up. No more classes today, I ain't got nothing better to do....
    *ahem* finals erm.. studying *cough cough*
  • edited December 2008
    poohead900 wrote: »
    Hmm, you're right. And the discoloration isn't from the palette.

Shouldn't be hard, I'll see what I can fire up. No more classes today, I ain't got nothing better to do....
    *ahem* finals erm.. studying *cough cough*

Perhaps Telltale should hire you to be their "guy who does all the weird little odd ends, like desktop icons, really well". You'd be great! Telltale would be at least 1.3% better with you on board.
  • edited December 2008
    Ugly Bird wrote: »
    Perhaps Telltale should hire you to be their "guy who does all the weird little odd ends, like desktop icons, really well". You'd be great! Telltale would be at least 1.3% better with you on board.

That has to be the most flattering thing anyone's ever said about me. But I'm no artist, I just take pictures that already exist and piddle with them a bit.

It took a minute, but this guy was offering a challenge:
    Teeth wrote: »
    Would you be able to fix Strong Bad's eyes on the Episode 1 icon? :D They look really dark and misshaped at the moment.

So I did what I always do when strangers tell me to do stuff: I obliged.

Left - Original, Right - Modified:
    picture.php?albumid=157&pictureid=1082

I dunno, something still doesn't look right, but I can't put my finger on it.

Edit: Teeth, If you're a big stickler for this kind of thing, I posted a copy of that modified icon group here:
    http://www.geocities.com/poohead900/strobro.ico

Personally, I didn't care about the eyes, but hey. Anything to help out. The only reason I didn't like the Dangeresque icon was my icons went Strong Bad - Homestar - The Cheat - Strong Bad again.
    Homestar and The cheat didn't have that much involvement in them two games, why not put another character in there? Share a bit of the wealth? Renaldo just seemed like the best option.
  • edited December 2008
    I don't know exactly why they put Dangeresque on the icon for episode 4 (Dangeresque 3). It really doesn't make sence.

Perhaps it's because, let's face it, Coach Z is creepy.
  • edited December 2008
    While I like the Renaldo icon, Dangeresque on the icon for the Dangeresque episode was the right way to go...

But I do agree that more than one Strong Bad-based icon next to one another is kinda dumb... They should of had Homestar on 101, The KOT on 102, and leave 103 - 104 as is.

Also, if the 105 icon has Strong Bad again instead of an awesome image of Trogdor emblazoned on it, then I'll, I'll... I'll figure something out, and it won't be good. (Maybe i'll post those pics I found on the net from telltales 2005 "Christmas party".)

Actually, I don't know if that will work... since "leather" is coming back into style anyways. (P.S. Is that why the wall had to come down?)
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah I agree.
  • edited December 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    Also, if the 105 icon has Strong Bad again instead of an awesome image of Trogdor emblazoned on it, then I'll, I'll... I'll figure something out, and it won't be good. (Maybe i'll post those pics I found on the net from telltales 2005 "Christmas party".)
    Oh, come on. That's nothing compared to the pictures I have of the Bright Side of the Moon party I have. I don't think that's ever coming back into style... *shudder shudder*
  • edited December 2008
    I think that Ep. 5 should have both Stinkoman and Trogdor on it because it is the finale, so they should do something to make it stand out a little.
  • edited December 2008
    Holyxion wrote: »
    I think that Ep. 5 should have both Stinkoman and Trogdor on it because it is the finale, so they should do something to make it stand out a little.

I was thinkin' that too, but it was mostly impossible to fit them both in there while still being able to tell what the icon is when its small-sized. The first one I made of Trogdor (with his whole body) did have stinkoman in it too at one time. It just looked bad when it was small.
  • edited December 2008
    Those are some seriously sweet icons!! :D
  • edited December 2008
    i also thought renaldo would have been better, so great job, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    looks like telltale themselves made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2008
    No I Got Wii So I Cant Change It
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    I don't know exactly why they put Dangeresque on the icon for episode 4 (Dangeresque 3). It really doesn't make sence.

Perhaps it's because, let's face it, Coach Z is creepy.

We used Dangeresque because we thought that people seeing the episode for the first time in the Wii Shop channel would potentially find a picture of Strong Bad in his Dangeresque shades a cooler thing to click on than Coach Z with two hats.
  • edited December 2008
    Wait, Coach Z-I mean, Renaldo wears two hats?

Ha! I never noticed before! I always thought people in Arabian countries always wore their fezzes above their turbans.

Yeah, that's a lie. But it all just looks so natural.
  • edited December 2008
    Dash383535 wrote: »
    No I Got Wii So I Cant Change It

If you've got it on the Wii, you don't have a desktop, let alone desktop icons.

That you've got there is a pointless post.
  • edited December 2008
    Where are the two Strong Bads? I only see Strong Bad and Dangeresque. As completely different characters, I can't possibly see a conflict here. They even clarify their identities when they read e-mails.
  • edited December 2008
    Hey Poohead, would you be able to enlarge Trogdor on the Episode 5 icon like you did for your own?
  • edited December 2008
    Ha, that Renaldo icon is really cool. :)
  • edited December 2008
    If you've got it on the Wii, you don't have a desktop, let alone desktop icons.

That you've got there is a pointless post.

The Wii does have a menu, and therefore menu icons, though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.