The Walking Dead: Butterfly on the Wheel - Chapter 1, Part 12 Released!

2»

Comments

• 3) Wyoming.

1) Daphne.

Purugly posted: »

Artie After witnessing the death of his sister, mother, father, best friend and his family, Artie stole a bus from the bus station close

• Ken - Amputate Natalie's arm.

Nervously, Ken took the meat cleaver from his son. With heavy breaths, Ken raises the cleaver and swings it down, onto Natalie’s arm, creating a deep cut. Her screams are all too recognisable. Ken tries to block them out. With any swing he chops deeper into her shoulder. One final time and her arm is off. Quickly, Ken dampens a clean cloth with hydro peroxide and holds it onto her bleeding shoulder. David hands his father the bandages and he rapidly wraps it up, after cleaning. Natalie’s breaths are shaky, worrying Ken. Denise asks if it’s acceptable for her to look and Ken nods, too speechless to reply. Natalie was currently unconscious, presumably from shock; however Ken did check her pulse multiple times, much to the dismay of David as is father had to get pretty close to her.

Shattering glass is heard from the living room and Denise leaves to investigate, her shrieks confirming Ken’s beliefs. The ghoul that had bitten Natalie had come inside. Gripping the meat cleaver, he heads inside the living room and astonished to see, not just one, but several inside. Nevertheless, he pushed Denise behind him and David called to him, “Remember, damage the brain!”

After taking one out, the clever gets stuck into a second one’s head. Backing up, he, Denise and David escape to the kitchen. “Grab whatever you can!” David yells and his parents begin foraging the room for knives, food and other essentials. Pounds on the door cause everyone to stop and get prepared to exit.

“What about Natalie?” David asks what they were all thinking. “We can’t leave her. Not to die this horribly.” Denise says. “She’ll only die further along the line. Are you prepared to take that risk?” David argues. “We are not leaving anyone behind! We’re not those type of people!” Denise fights back. After the door breaks down, Ken,

1) Guides his family outside to safety, sacrificing Natalie.

2) Picks up Natalie and takes her with them.

Echo

Echo was lagging behind Sedna as the duo ran from the park clearing. They were separated from Ayesha, Gabrielle and Nero. A barking noise followed them and Echo assumed Gabrielle’s dog had caught up to them. Sedna often turned around to shoot, but otherwise the run was simple and tiring.

Dashing towards the end of the forest, the two find themselves on a road. Panting, Echo rests his hands on his knees as he bends over. Sedna looks off into the distance, shushing Echo. “What is it?” Echo questions, only receiving another shush from Sedna. A vehicle in the distance makes Sedna grab Echo by his blood-stained shirt and drag him as they run. Echo slows them down as he can’t carry on. A bus catches up to them.

A slightly tanned boy hops out of the bus with a pistol in his hand. “Who are you?” He confidently asks. “You get back on the bus and leave us alone.” Sedna says. Echo notices several people on the bus, all looking from the front window. “Sedna, stop; they’re just trying to survive.” Echo whispers to his comrade. “Listen, if they were just ‘survivors’ then this little brat wouldn’t be holding a gun in my face.” Sedna says. “I’m sorry, man. But I don’t who you are. You could be dangerous to my group for all I know.” The boy says. “Dangerous? You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.” Sedna states as he tries to pull his handgun out, but the teenager shoots him in the shoulder first, then hurriedly returns to the bus with a shocked expression equal to his group. Echo stares in horror at the bleeding wound.

Swerving, the bus screeches past them in a rush. Echo takes his backpack off and pulls out the medical equipment. Moans in the tree line, make Echo uncomfortable, however he can’t leave Sedna. His shaking hand prevents him from accurately preparing himself for an operation. A biter sneaks up behind him and grabs him; however Echo quickly reverses it and stabs a syringe in its head, killing it. Slowly, more biters appear. Echo has to make a decision.

1) Echo tries to operate on Sedna whilst fighting off biters.

2) Echo drags Sedna away to operate on him elsewhere.

3) Echo runs away, leaving Sedna.

• Just wanted to add that now that most characters have been introduced, I am planning on to spill more blood :D

• 2) Picks up Natalie and takes her with them. and 2) Echo drags Sedna away to operate on him elsewhere.

Ken - Amputate Natalie's arm. Nervously, Ken took the meat cleaver from his son. With heavy breaths, Ken raises the cleaver and swings it

• And I'm hoping Ursula causes some!!

Just wanted to add that now that most characters have been introduced, I am planning on to spill more blood

• 1) Guides his family outside to safety, sacrificing Natalie.

3) Echo runs away, leaving Sedna.

Ken - Amputate Natalie's arm. Nervously, Ken took the meat cleaver from his son. With heavy breaths, Ken raises the cleaver and swings it

• Picks up Natalie and takes her with them. & Echo drags Sedna away to operate on him elsewhere.

• 2) Picks up Natalie and takes her with them.

1) Echo tries to operate on Sedna whilst fighting off biters.

You never know if the unlikely choice works best..

• I just want to point out that I am now going to be writing in first person.

Natalie - Take Natalie with us.

Straying from consciousness and unconsciousness, I feel weightless. Widening my eyes, trying to keep awake, I see Ken carrying me through his kitchen, to his backyard. However it’s only for a short while as I’m then dropped by Ken. Is he going to abandon me? Unfortunately, I then see that he’s been dragged down by some kind of human. I see David’s panicked and scared face hovering over mine. He picks me up and carries me marital style. The ring in my ears dies out and I hear screams and cries. What is happening?

As I’m jiggling around David’s scrawny arms I can tell he’s started running. Hearing the cries, I try to turn my head and see Denise, still in her bed clothes, armed with a blood-spattered knife. Where had Ken gone? Dizziness had controlled my body and I felt myself slipping into a sleep.

“Natalie? Natalie, can you hear me?” I hear Denise’s voice. A slight grunt escapes my lips before I open my eyelids. Denise’s slightly aged face, her eyes puffy and red, is the first thing I see. It appears that the three of us are in some kind of living room in a house. Strangely enough, there isn’t any screams or cries here, it’s tranquil. “Where are we?” I say while yawning. Denise’s eyes furrow slightly furrow, as if she’s dealing with a child who doesn’t understand. “Where’s Ken?” I ask straight after. Personally, I always had a slight attraction to Ken, as he did for me, but he was already married when we first met and he could never choose between me and Denise. I didn’t hold anything against Denise.

Denise’s eyes shut as if she’s in pain and a single tear streams down her face. Cocking my head, I try to get up, but fall over. Looking to my left, I can’t see anything; which is exactly the problem. Screaming, I yell to Denise, “Where the hell is my arm?!” My breaths become unsteady and shaky and Denise gently puts her arms on me to soothe me. “Oh my god,” I continuously repeat. “Natalie, look at me,” Denise says and I then raise my head, “There’s been some kind of national tragedy and the dead are moving. Killing.” My face must be pure shock as I can’t even usher out words. “Ken’s d-dead.” She stutters upsettingly at the end. “Where’s David?” I say, trying to think of something else. How can the dead be walking? It’s not plausible. “He’s downstairs, barricading the windows and doors. Thankfully he knows what to do.” Denise answers, looking down.

With Denise’s help, I get up and walk downstairs. Preparing to use my left for support on the banister, it still feels as if I can move it, but I know it’s not there. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, I hear voices. Did David let someone in? Instead of rushing into the living room, I peer through, hiding behind the door. Two girls seem to be talking to David; questioning him. I presume the younger looking girl lives here, with her parents, by the way she’s talking, however I don’t know about the older girl. I try and find some sort of weapon, prepared to defend David. I pick up a fire poker, located close to the fire place.

“David, everything alright?” I say walking into the room. He nods and introduces me to the girls, Hayley and Katherine. I was correct in assuming Hayley had lived here, although I still don’t trust them. “Natalie, I believe?” Katherine starts. “I’m Katherine. Would you like me to check your wound? I’ve heard it wasn’t in the most favourable situations. “Sure,” is all I say and we both head upstairs, leaving David and Hayley.

Upstairs, Denise had begun laying out bedding arrangements. Surprised, Denise squeaks slightly when she sees Katherine, who immediately apologises and informs Denise about Hayley and herself. Denise smiles sweetly and leaves to find more bed sheets.

Katherine unravels my bandage and adds some medicinal liquids to it, which sting slightly and I flinch away too often. Katherine apologises and asks what I did for a living before. “A lawyer,” I say, which receives a little chuckle from Katherine. “I was a medical student, but I was working in a coffee shop downtown until I could find a job.” Katherine responds. Screams from downstairs had caused us to both jump, scared. Katherine quickly finished the wrapping of my bandage and we both moved to the top of the stairs to see what’s going on. I see Hayley stab the head of one of the zombie-creature and run back to the living room to find David, which is evident through her hollers. Several zombies quickly follow behind her.

1) In the heat of the moment, I run down the stairs. Hayley needs my help and who knows where David is.

2) Hastily, I block the stairs with any kind of furniture. David and Hayley are smart enough to know what to do.

Willy - Grocery store.

All of us left the comic store in search of Kaden’s brother. I didn’t stray too far from Winston as he’s currently the only one I feel as though I can trust. Luigi is strong and would protect anyone, no matter what, but there’s something darker behind him. Christa can be harsh sometimes and I barely know Kaden.

We travel through the middle of town and unfortunately, there are multiple lurkers. Excitingly, we all get kills; Luigi got the most, saying he felt he had to protect everyone himself. However, when he got overpowered, I was the only one available to save him, with my pocket knife.

At the entrance of the grocery store, Kaden inhales and exhales nervously and pushes the door open. He calls his name out again and again, with no answer. “What a waste of time.” Christa sighs begrudgingly. Winston nods next to her. That was another thing I liked about Winston. He couldn’t speak and I enjoy quiet, although he still supplies me with company.

“Christa, be quiet. We don’t know if he’s here or not.” Luigi tells her, anger slightly present in his voice. “Are you kidding me? We just risked our lives; do you not remember almost dying? You’re lucky Willy’s here!” Christa argues. I wonder over to the still surprisingly full shelves of food. “Look, we need to find Kaden’s brother.” Luigi continues. Quite frankly, you find their argument pathetic.

A lurker ambushes me and we both fall. I yell for the others and Kaden saves me. “See,” Luigi points, “We need to keep going.” Christa glares at him and replies, “That was only one. Anyway, I’m sure we can clear this place out. It’s full of food, for God’s sake.” Winston nods again. “What about you, kid? Do you want to stay, or leave?” Kaden asks you with hopeful eyes.

1) Stay. This place is full of food and I’m sure we could easily take any lurkers out.

2) Leave. We don’t leave other survivors and this place is too dangerous.

• 2) Hastily, I block the stairs with any kind of furniture. David and Hayley are smart enough to know what to do.

1) Stay. This place is full of food and I’m sure we could easily take any lurkers out.

• In the heat of the moment, I run down the stairs. Hayley needs my help and who knows where David is. and 2) Leave. We don’t leave other survivors and this place is too dangerous.

• 1) In the heat of the moment, I run down the stairs. Hayley needs my help and who knows where David is.

• 2) Hastily, I block the stairs with any kind of furniture. David and Hayley are smart enough to know what to do.

LUIGI WILL STOMP THE WALKERS LIKE HE STOMPS GOOMBAS.

I just want to point out that I am now going to be writing in first person. Natalie - Take Natalie with us. Straying from consciousnes

• I apologise for the lack of updates (personal problems) but I'm posting a new part right now!

• Orla

Smirking at the back of the bus, I look on at the four freaking out because Artie shot some guy. It’s not like we knew him.

“Theo, what do we do?” Cecelia hyperventilates. Personally, I find the mess amusing. Cecelia’s worry, Charlie’s shock, Theodore’s anger and Artie’s fear is one humorous combination. “Damn it Cece... I, I don’t know.” Theodore answers her. A day we’ve been in this mess and these people are already freaking out over death. Death has never really bothered me. I assume it’s because of the time I spent in the military, but even before, I wasn’t that concerned. Their conversations soon became distant voices as I feel myself falling asleep.

“Hey. Hey, Orla, wake up.” Harshly, a voice whispers into my ear. Waking up, I yawn and watch Artie bring a finger to his lip to shush me. Hiding behind another seat is Charlie, but where are Theodore and Cecelia. Artie drags me down, behind a seat. “What’s happening? Where are Theodore and Cecelia?” I ask him, whispering even though I don’t know why. “They’re outside. We saw a few people and they’re talking to them; but I don’t know if we should trust them.” Artie says, looking into my eyes. Carefully, I sneak a peek by looking over the chair. A man appears to be talking to Cecelia and Theodore while several other people seem to be scanning the area, fingers on triggers. “You’re right. Something doesn’t seem right.” I say. It wasn’t just because of the armed people, walking around, but also the man talking had a long, black coat, which quite frankly made him look suspicious and secretive.

Cecelia walks back onto the bus, telling us to come out. I look at Artie, and I assume he knows what I’m thinking. He gets up after a slight nod and walks out with Charlie. “Where’s Orla?” I hear Cecelia ask and Artie, thankfully, replies with: “She’s asleep.”

I need to hear what’s being said, whether my friends are safe. Sneaking to the front of the bus, I hear the man introduce himself to Artie and Charlie, who both responded hesitantly. I think he said his name was John; John Lynnwood.

During the conversation, John told Artie and Charlie that he had set up camp with the people that are guarding the perimeter. Apparently, he believed that strength is in numbers, rather than actual psychical strength. He had tonnes of food and water. Where had this mysterious man suddenly appear from? He had food and water stocked up, yet this damn apocalypse had only been going on for a day. This seemed fishy. I don’t trust him, but if the others do, who am I to abandon them?

After I hear a tap on the window, I look up and see an Asian woman with a stern glare. I stand and walk out the bus. Cecelia greets me and I smile slightly. “Orla, there’s a huge camp set up a bit away and they have food and water!” Cecelia smiles her dazzling smile at me, but I try to ignore it. “What’s the deal with this guy?” I ask my group. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice him furrow his eyebrows faintly.

“Listen, I don’t mean to be any problem, but I need people. You don’t understand.” He tells me. I brush him off and look at my group. Cecelia speaks first, “I want to go. It seems right. We could survive there; until this mess is sorted out.” Annoyed, I ignore her. This mess isn’t getting sorted out; not now, not ever. However, I bite my tongue. Cecelia’s a gentle girl and doesn’t deserve being yelled at. Theodore stands by his girlfriend; however Artie doesn’t quite have the same opinion. “Well, you two can stay at the bus.” The man angrily retorts, showing my distrust to be valid, but I’m not sure I want to leave Cecelia, Charlie and Theodore alone with him and his people.

1) Artie and I will come. We’re sorry for any distrust shown.

2) Sorry, guys, but we’re not coming. This guy’s clearly untrustworthy.

Ayesha - Sorry, Gabrielle, but right now we need to find Echo and Sedna.

“I’m really sorry, Gabrielle, but we need to find Echo and Sedna.” I sigh, preparing myself for whatever she needs to say. “But she’s my dog, my best friend!” Gabrielle cries back at me. Nero backs me up, surprisingly and Gabrielle turns her sadness into anger and yells at Nero before running off. I have to remind myself that I’m dealing with 20-something year old girl before Nero and I make our pursuit. Nero Calls out for her, shouting her name as he runs after her. Up ahead, I see her, running. However she gets tackled for her, causing Nero to sprint faster. I fall behind and soon a wall of biters separates me from those two.

Running in the other direction, I notice a huge mansion, with a gate that without a doubt could let any biters in. I slide into the gate and pant restlessly. That was tiring and exhausting. Looking at he mansion I head in that direction.

I sneak through the door and keep my gun aimed. Just as I suspected, a biter is in here. After shooting it in the head, I slowly begin to notice the blood that is on the floor, on the walls and staircase. Reluctantly, I follow it. It finishes at a door. Slowly, I open the door, my finger clasping the trigger.

Inside the room are two people, a man and a woman. The woman seems to be the source of the blood, but I can only make this assumption based upon the bandages wrapped around her arms and legs, and the man is crouched over her. “H-hello?” I stutter out. He turns, his eyes slightly puffy and red, yet looks angrier than anything. “Get the hell out of my house!” He shouts and raises his gun to me.

1) Stand my ground. He’s just upset.

2) I run into another room in the house. This place is relatively safe; it’s just him.

3) Run away. This mansion is dangerous of biters and people.

• 1) Artie and I will come. We’re sorry for any distrust shown.

2) I run into another room in the house. This place is relatively safe; it’s just him.

• Artie and I will come. We’re sorry for any distrust shown.

Run away. This mansion is dangerous of biters and people.

Orla Smirking at the back of the bus, I look on at the four freaking out because Artie shot some guy. It’s not like we knew him. “Theo

• 1) Artie and I will come. We’re sorry for any distrust shown. and 1) Stand my ground. He’s just upset.

Orla Smirking at the back of the bus, I look on at the four freaking out because Artie shot some guy. It’s not like we knew him. “Theo

• 2) Sorry, guys, but we’re not coming. This guy’s clearly untrustworthy.

3) Run away. This mansion is dangerous of biters and people.

• Maria - Save Daphne

Helplessly, I pull Daphne as hard I can, away from the legless walker clutching at her ankle. It gnaws thin air, prepared to lay a bite into Daphne’s ankle. Daphne’s pleas encourage me to grip her harder and pull her away. Thankfully, Michael appears with a ‘STOP’ sign. He slams it into the walker’s arm and guides me and Daphne away. Further away, I hear a scream and see walkers feasting on Spencer’s back. As we reach the car where Linda is restraining a screaming and tearful Nick, some walkers finish with Spencer and pursue us. We all rush into Michael’s car and he speeds away. Daphne and Nick are hysterically crying and Michael keeps his together attitude. Why would Nick be crying, Spencer and him had a fight not 2 days ago?

“We need to find my husband. He’s somewhere in this mess; please!” Linda speaks over the multiple cries. Michael ignores her, not evening looking at her and carries on driving. Glancing at Linda and Nick, I become confused as to why she isn’t even comforting her weeping son, so I wrap my arm around him, pulling him closer. “Well can I at least know where you are taking me?” Linda continues to bug Michael noticeably. Michael slows the car to a halt. “Do you want to walk, Linda?” Michael says surprisingly calmly. “Because I lost my son just then and the last thing I need is some obnoxious, selfish woman hammering on in my ear!” He finally yells, his voice shaking slightly. Awkwardly, I look down to Nick and try to calm him down. “So I ask one more time. Do you want to walk?” Michael says, levelling out his voice, but keeping his eyes on the road. Michael begins driving again and the only sound to accompany us are the weeps and sobs from Nick and Daphne.

After leaving the town we once knew as home, we travel along a road that seems to carry on and on. The car begins stopping and I look out the front window and see a car swarmed by walkers. “Someone or something must be in there that they want,” I say to Michael and Linda as they’re the only ones still awake. “Exactly. We should check it out.” Michael replies. “Are you guys nuts?” Linda whispers. “Risking your life for something that might not be worth it?” I look at Linda with my eyebrows raised. Is this woman so selfish that she wouldn’t even help strangers during a time like this? “Besides, you don’t have any weapons...” She continues, observing my exclaimed face. “There’s only three. We can do it.” Michael states sternly. Michael opens his door and steps outside. A single walker notices him and treks towards him. Michael kicks him down once he’s close enough and crushes it’s head with his foot, until there is nothing but a mushy, bloody mess under his foot.

As another approaches Michael, he grapples its head and then slams it onto the car bonnet, startling Daphne and Nick out of their sleep. The walker becomes limp but Michael isn’t prepared for the final walker and it seizes Michael. As I step outside of the car, ready to help Michael, a gunshot is fired and the last walker crumples to the ground.

“Hey, I’m Joshua,” a man says holding a handgun. Michael and I look at him sceptically. “Oh!” He realises and places his gun down after realising he still held it. “Ivy, come out here, bring Lucas,” he calls back to his car. A woman with dark purple hair and glasses comes out of the car, holding a child. “This is my girlfriend and our baby.” Joshua informs us. Smiling at them, I become aware of the boy’s missing hand and that he’s unconscious. “What happened to his hand?” I nervously ask, secretly grossed out by the exposed bone and fleshy parts hanging off. Ivy’s look saddens and she tells us that their zombified neighbour broke their door down and bit it clean off. I give her my regards.

“So where are you planning on heading?” Michael asks, “If you don’t mind me asking.” Ivy and Joshua exchange eye contact and Ivy nods slightly. “Well, we’re thinking about going to this camp not too far from here.” Joshua tells us. “Camp?” I enquire. “Yeah, this guy is telling everyone he knew this was happening and that he can contain it. So that’s where we’re going.” Michael looks at me and then back at his car. “If you don’t mind, could I speak to my group, please?” Michael asks them politely, but then, without an answer, walks back to his car. Quickly, I follow.

Opening his door, he informs the trio inside the car about the community. Daphne and Linda seem ecstatic, whereas Nick and Michael seem less approving. “Come on, Daph, this sounds absolutely crazy. Right, Maria?” Michael turns to me.

1) No, we should go. Whether or not this guy can control it, it must be pretty safe.

2) You’re right, Michael. It seems suspicious too.

Zane - Go to the hardware store

Away from the walkers, I run to the hardware store. On the outside, it seemed pretty untouched. Clumsily, I trip on the cobblestone path that connects all the shops to each other. Turning onto my back, I aim my gun again, prepared to shoot. Several walkers walk towards me and I shoot them down until something behind me begins dragging me away. Flailing about, trying to escape the grip, I hear masculine grunts. Hitting his wrist with my gun, I finally break out of his grip. Hurriedly, I stand up, but then a hard object connects with my head and I begin losing consciousness.

Blinking myself awake, I feel my arms restricted to my sides and my legs restricted to each other. Looking down, I realise I’m tied to a chair. I begin thrashing about angrily. A blaring white light flashes into my face and I stop, stunned for a second. I hear a churning sound and then a lullaby playing. I assume he turned a music box and then left it to play. Gulping out of nervousness, I clench my fists and feel the sweat that has formed. When the music dies out, I hear a maniacal laugh echoing in the dark room. Trying to speak, to be intimidating, nothing but a choke comes out.

I look forward, trying to make out a face in the darkness. I think I see one; until a pair of hands stroke my jaw line from behind. I jump out of fear and beg these people to stop. “It’s the end of the world. We can do whatever we want.” Several voices call out. Goosebumps begin spreading across my skin as a face finally comes into the light. Frighteningly, the person is wearing a clown mask and stares right at my face. They then begin humming the song that was played from the music box and tickling my sides. Screaming, the clown masked figure pushes the chair over and I hit my head on the concrete floor. Looking up, I see the shadow of the clown pulling my shoes off and I try with all might to fight back but the ropes hold me down.

When my shoes are taken off, he pulls up a knife and stabs it forcibly right into my bare foot. I scream and howl, begging him to stop. Another masked person, this one bearing a human face with a creepy smile, put a cloth over my mouth and I begin slipping into sleep.

“Wakey, wakey!” Two voices cheered. I awake and am no longer tied down. Smirking, I stand up ready to fight the two new, petite figures. However, when I do get up, I collapse and scream in horror upon witnessing the stumps I now have to call legs. Breathing heavily, the two figures, both wearing identical masks of girls, reveal the location of my legs; leant on the door. They both pick my legs up and begin playfully kicking me with them and I begin crying, presumably out of shock. One of them leans down to me and the other takes the legs back. The one, who is staring at me, pulls out a knife and holds it to my face. Looking from the knife to her, I narrow my eyes.

1) Try and take the knife from her grip. Good job they kept my arms.

2) Try to stop crying. Even if I get the knife she could probably overpower me.

• WTF is going on? :D Fucking psychos.

No, we should go. Whether or not this guy can control it, it must be pretty safe. & Try and take the knife from her grip. Good job they kept my arms.

Maria - Save Daphne Helplessly, I pull Daphne as hard I can, away from the legless walker clutching at her ankle. It gnaws thin air, prep

• I know haha, I really want to show how psychotic his captors are. If only he hadn't decided to go to the hardware store...

Pipas posted: »

WTF is going on? Fucking psychos. No, we should go. Whether or not this guy can control it, it must be pretty safe. & Try and take the knife from her grip. Good job they kept my arms.

• Maria: 1) No, we should go. Whether or not this guy can control it, it must be pretty safe.

Zane: 1) Try and take the knife from her grip. Good job they kept my arms.

I love how crazy these people are :D

• 1) No, we should go. Whether or not this guy can control it, it must be pretty safe. and 1) Try and take the knife from her grip. Good job they kept my arms.

• 2) You’re right, Michael. It seems suspicious too.

1) Try and take the knife from her grip. Good job they kept my arms.

• Echo - Drag Sedna away.

I grab Sedna’s left arm, the one that hadn’t been shot, and place it over my shoulder and I begin carrying him as he walks tiresomely. Sedna’s muscular build proved very difficult for my smaller body to hold. Foolishly, I turn and see the biters have begun catching up to us. “Come on, Sedna,” I say, scared. Sedna appears alarmingly pale, despite his Brazilian complexion. I need to get him out of here quick.

“Go,” Sedna says weakly, “Leave me.” I look at him in horror and bewilderment, “No. You saved me before we met up with Ayesha, so it’s my turn to return the favour.” I snap at him. I grit my teeth, straining myself to help Sedna.

I feel Sedna use his hand to propel me forward. When I turn around, I see he’s sacrificing himself to save me. A chunk has been ripped out of his arm and shoulder, where the bullet embedded itself. Panicked, I run away from the scene.

When I begin tiring out and becoming exhausted, I start walking steadily, constantly checking behind me. Further ahead, I hear laughter and I timidly hide behind a bush, however but so I can still see the strangers. Up ahead is an extremely familiar bus and a not so familiar car. A man in a black trench coat is laughing with an Asian woman and a petite woman, who I recognise seeing in the bus previously. The Asian woman points directly at me and I start flustering. Should I run, hide?

Before I can actually react, her weapon is aimed at me and I freeze. “Come here,” the man yells. Shaking, I approach them, the gun still on me. I look up at the woman from the bus and her face is terrified; she knows who I am.

“What’s wrong with you? Why are you covered in blood?” The man asks, but the Asian woman shortly follows his questions with her own, “Why were you watching us?” The man dismisses her, “Kimiko, please.” I look from one to the other and the boy who shot Sedna comes out. He goes to ask a question but stops himself when we lock eyes. “Cecelia, c-can you come in the bus for a second please?” Cecelia immediately nods and hastily heads to the bus.

“I’m waiting,” He says, knocking back into reality. I’m too stunned to even speak. I found the people who killed Sedna. “Erm, I am Echo.” I stutter out. Kimiko snickers, “What kind of name is that?” I glare at her and say, “A name that keeps my real identity hidden. I don’t want people who hated me before finding me now.” She looks confused, but just crosses her arms. “Well, Echo, I’m from a community not far from here. And I need people; people with skills,” He pauses dramatically, “So I can cure this damned mess.” I look at him shocked. Cure the apocalypse? A thousand questions run through my mind. Everything has happened too fast. Getting separated from Ayesha, Gabrielle and Nero, then Sedna dying, then I find Sedna’s murderers and finally this, a man who knows how to cure everyone. “So what do you say? Are you coming with?”

1) Yes, but those people with you are killers.

2) No, those people with you are killers.

3) Yes, you seem like good people.

4) No, I don’t trust you.

Katherine - Natalie runs downstairs to help Hayley and David

I watch as Natalie bravely runs down the stairs, helping Hayley. “Denise?!” I call out to her, “We need to go! Now!” I hear her running from the room she’s currently in to me. “I had to get some supplies. Let’s go.” She says. As I’m about to run down the stairs, I see that some walkers are coming up them. “Goddamnit,” I whisper. Looking around, desperately, my eyes set on a window; that’s how we’re getting out. “Denise, follow me!” I yell as I run to the window and smash it open, as it’s locked.

Looking back I see Denise looking from the window to the stairs. “Careful of any shattered glass,” I warn Denise. Thankfully there is a pickup truck below, which will soften the landing. As I slide, rather than jump out of the building, I hit the roof of the truck harder than I had anticipated and my ears ring and my vision blurs.

But where’s Denise? My eyes focus back into sight and I see her nervously prepared to jump, waiting for me to move. I roll off the truck onto the trailer bed. “Jump!” I shout. Before she does, she slides slightly, but is dragged back up by a walker. Glass cuts through the bottom of her back and legs as she is hauled back up. Her screams will no doubt haunt me for the rest of my more than likely short life.

“Katherine, come on get up!” I recognise Hayley’s voice. She helps me up and brushes off shards of glass. Hayley and Natalie begin escorting me away from the house.

“Okay, we need to find David,” Hayley says breaking the silence. Natalie agrees, yet I stay silent, traumatised from the screams. After the two girls discuss which direction he ran in, I just blank out any sound, but that’s when the screams return, the blood pouring. I didn’t know Denise for a long time, but I did know she was a kind, sweet woman.

We venture through a park nearby and a few more houses, with only a few walker incidents. But we’re wasting daylight, just for David, who may or may not be dead. “We should stop, find a shop in the town centre and rest for tonight and search tomorrow.” Natalie suggests, but Hayley argues, “The town centre is going to be full of walkers; we should go to the forest, where there’ll be less.” Natalie narrows her eyes and scoffs, “But that means starving.” Hayley crosses her arms rudely, “Well I’d rather starve one night than die.”

1) Hayley’s right, Natalie, we should go to the forest outside of town.

2) Natalie’s right, Hayley, we should find a shop in the town centre.

• 3) Yes, you seem like good people.

1) Hayley’s right, Natalie, we should go to the forest outside of town.

Echo - Drag Sedna away. I grab Sedna’s left arm, the one that hadn’t been shot, and place it over my shoulder and I begin carrying him as

• Yes, but those people with you are killers.

Hayley’s right, Natalie, we should go to the forest outside of town.

Echo - Drag Sedna away. I grab Sedna’s left arm, the one that hadn’t been shot, and place it over my shoulder and I begin carrying him as

• No, those people with you are killers. and Hayley’s right, Natalie, we should go to the forest outside of town.

• Submitted two characters. I hope that is okay??

3) Yes, you seem like good people.

2) Natalie’s right, Hayley, we should find a shop in the town centre.

• Echo: Yes, you seem like good people.

Katherine: 1) Hayley’s right, Natalie, we should go to the forest outside of town.

• Bump. Almost forgot about this fanfic. :D

Sign in to comment in this discussion.