Fantasy Poker Night 3

I've been thinking a lot about a hypothetical Poker Night 3 lately, and my idea has spilled over so as to be too large for the casting thread. I've thought up not only characters, but gameplay, dialogue, achievements, unlockables. So I'll be posting those here. First off of course is the cast:
Alt text

Representing Telltale is Bigby Wolf. For Adult Swim, Rick (with Morty as a sidekick like Max in Poker Night 2). For the web famous/movie/random slot is Tony the Talking Clock from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. Octodad represents video games. And the Lutece twins from BioShock: Infinite are the dealers.

As with each Poker Night before it, 3 would have Team Fortress 2 items for each character. In Poker Night 3 they would be unlocked via bounty challenges, just like in Poker Night 2. If you win all the player bounty challenges, then you get the Lutece bounty, then you unlock something else (detailed lower down). The option to buy characters drinks to reduce their competency (make their tells more visible) remains as well.

Bigby’s bounty item: Magic Mirror Shard, TF2 reward: Big Bad Fists (Melee weapon for the Heavy which gives him werewolf hands)

Rick’s bounty item: Portal Gun, TF2 reward: The Rick-do (Rick’s hair for all classes)

Tony’s bounty item: The Yellow Guy’s ruined painting, TF2 reward: Tony the Cloaking Clock (a wristwatch for the Spy)

Octodad’s bounty item: “World’s Greatest Dad” coffee mug, TF2 reward: Normal Father Mustache (Cosmetic tentacle mustache for all classes)

Luteces’ bounty item: a voxophone recording which perfectly explains the ending to BioShock: Infinite, TF2 reward: Lutece Labs Infusion (a melee item for the Sniper and Scout that work like the Jaratee and Bonk! Atomic Punch, respectively)

After completing every bounty challenge, you’ll unlock solo battles! These are one on one showdowns between you and one of the players. The stakes are higher, there’s unique dialogue, and you get the option to trash talk (all non voiced of course) your opponent. You are initially able to challenge any of the four players to a solo match, then you unlock the Luteces (one plays you, the other advises, which is which changes every match) and if you beat them you unlock the most difficult challenge of all, a one-on-one game against Reginald Winslow himself!

Beating Winslow unlocks a further Team Fortress 2 item, but its so secret, I haven’t decided what it is yet!

Winning matches would award you with tokens that can be used to purchase customization options themed around the various franchises as always. There would be poker chips, the table felt, and card designs. Equipping all three from a franchise will change the inventory’s appearance, cause the related character to wear tuxedos, and unlock unique dialogue options and eliminations.

The Wolf Among Us theme: Changes the inventory to appear similar to the Trip Trap Bar. Holly replaces Moxxie as the waitress. Colin and Snow can be seen at one of the tables. Eliminated players will be hauled away by Gren.

Rick and Morty theme: Changes the inventory to resemble Rick and Morty’s garage. Portals will rarely open and various creatures will walk by. The stage area is replaced by many tv screens playing some of the alternate universe TV from “Ricksty Minutes”. Mr. Meseeks will be summoned by the Luteces to remove eliminated players (Caaaaaan Do!)

Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared theme: The inventory has bight, pastel colors and everything appears to be made of felt. The Puppets can be seen sitting at a table in the background. Eliminated players are covered in the black slime used for those who are getting too creative (Whoa there friend you might need to slow down!)

Octodad: Dadliest Catch theme: The inventory has a nautical theme, with a fish tank replacing the back of the bar. Octodad’s family can be seen sitting at one of the tables. Chef Fujimoto will chase eliminated players off.

BioShock: Infinite theme: The inventory is styled to resemble Columbia. The stage is replaced by an open entry way showing the city of Columbia. Booker and Elizabeth will sometimes wander through, rarely, she’ll throw stuff for him to catch. Upon a character being eliminated, they will blink out of existence, with the Luteces explaining they’ve brought everyone else to a reality where the eliminated person was never born (until the next round).

There is also a new customization option, the Jukebox. You can unlock songs related to each franchise by winning one-on-one matches, bounty challenges, or just buying them.

Now achievements!

(I’m leaving out the standard Poker achievements, since they’d be unchanged. The ‘win a tournament’, ‘win a hand’, etc.)

Magic Mirror on the Wall: Win Bigby’s bounty item.

No, Not that Kind of Portal!: Win Rick’s bounty item.

You Might Need to Slow Down: Win Tony’s bounty item.

Number One Dad: Win Octodad’s bounty item.

There’s Always a Lighthouse: Win the Lutece twins’ bounty item.

Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?: Defeat Bigby in a one-on-one match.

Wubba-Lubba-Dub-Dub!: Defeat Rick in a one-on-one match.

Everyone Runs Out of Time: Defeat Tony in a one-on-one match.

The Dadliest Game: Defeat Octodad in a one-on-one match.

I Love Myself: Defeat R. Lutece in a one-on-one(?) match.

Poker King: Defeat Winslow in a one-on-one match.

And They Lived Happily Ever After: Activate The Wolf Among Us deck, felt, and chips simultaneously.

100 Years Rick and Morty: Activate the Rick and Morty deck, felt, and chips simultaneously.

Let’s Get Creative!: Activate the Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared deck, felt, and chips simultaneously.

Nobody Suspects a Thing: Activate the Octodad: Dadliest Catch deck, felt, and chips simultaneously.

Will the Circle be Unbroken?: Activate the BioShock: Infinite deck, felt, and chips simultaneously.

Wins, Won, Will Win: Win 50 tournaments.

Loses, Lost, Will Lose: Lose 50 tournaments

Ah-choo!: Play “Flu Hatin’ Rap” on the Jukebox.

Quantum Narcissists: Play “Lutece” on the Jukebox.

Look at the Time!: Play “Tony’s Time Song” on the Jukebox.

Who’s That Man?: Play “Octodad (Nobody Suspects a Thing)” on the Jukebox.

Fable Noir: Play “The Wolf Among Us theme” on the Jukebox.

Aw, Geeze, Rick: Force Morty to replace Rick at the table.

Comments

Sign in to comment in this discussion.