Email verification error

edited June 2014 in Site Support

I'm aware that this thread is in the wrong section but whatever. If it gets moved or closed, then so be it

Okay so I'm trying to update my email for this account but every single time I try to confirm the verification email I get this message:
'Sorry, the verification code you entered has either expired or is no longer valid. We are unable to verify your account.'
I've tried almost everything I can think of and I always get the same message :/
For now I'm using @ mail but I want to change it to @ hotmail so I can change my avatar to something custom.

If someone could help me out and explain, I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Bump. I'm sorry that I can't help you but maybe someone else can spread the knowledge.

• It's alright!
    I hope so.

JonGon posted: »

Bump. I'm sorry that I can't help you but maybe someone else can spread the knowledge.

• EvanKEvanK Telltale Alumni

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are still unable to confirm the verification email, please request the verification email one more time. Then copy the url from the most recent email and paste it directly into your browser's address bar. Doing this should allow you to confirm the verification email.

• It worked! Thanks so much for the help Evan :D
    Really appreciate it!

EvanK posted: »

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are still unable to confirm the verification email, please request the verification email one mor

• EvanKEvanK Telltale Alumni

I'm glad I could help!

It worked! Thanks so much for the help Evan Really appreciate it!

• That didnt work for me. I had to make a new email address at gmail just to verify. Apparently hotmail is the problem because wouldnt work. Is there anyway you guys can check into this hotmail verification problem because id like to use my actual email address. Thanks.

EvanK posted: »

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are still unable to confirm the verification email, please request the verification email one mor

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Thank you for providing the extra information, I will make sure to pass your feedback along to the team.

Washimus posted: »

That didnt work for me. I had to make a new email address at gmail just to verify. Apparently hotmail is the problem because wouldnt work. I

• check the url, the "@ might have been escaped to %40", this was what happened to mine. I had the same problem and I figured out just now

Washimus posted: »

That didnt work for me. I had to make a new email address at gmail just to verify. Apparently hotmail is the problem because wouldnt work. I

• Can you fix your server so that it accepts %40 instead of @ as it should? %40 is a valid encoding for @ .

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp

Thank you for providing the extra information, I will make sure to pass your feedback along to the team.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I will make sure to pass it along to the team for further investigation, thank you.

VladC posted: »

Can you fix your server so that it accepts %40 instead of @ as it should? %40 is a valid encoding for @ . http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp

• As the others above, I can confirm that the @ symbol was being changed to %40. By changing it back, the verification URL worked.,

• Also confirmed. Change %40 back to @ and you're good

• Thanks, it kept refusing to verify my email.
    Copied & pasted the link and it worked first time.

This discussion has been closed.