Tales from the Borderlands: Sequel?

I heard that Tales From the Borderlands is set as an sequel to the original Borderland games. Anybody who has played the games or anyone at all think that I should play them before I play this one? I am hoping not because Telltale usually does a good job with this kind of stuff, like TWDG about different characters in the same world as the TWD comics, or TWAU being set as a prequel to the comics. Just wondering what you guys think.

Comments

• Play it, specifically the second installment.

Cl4p-Tr4p the robot god demands it.

• edited June 2014

It was always established as a sub sequel to borderlands 2 and the fact that the villain from bl2 was in the tales trailer and the fact that it is set after bl2 is pretty much an indicator that you will most likely need to play at least borderlands 2

• this.

but i would assume marcus will do a funny summary of bl2

Jewfreeus posted: »

It was always established as a sub sequel to borderlands 2 and the fact that the villain from bl2 was in the tales trailer and the fact that it is set after bl2 is pretty much an indicator that you will most likely need to play at least borderlands 2

• Its established that this takes place after BL2.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2014

I'm sure Telltale will make this game welcoming to people who haven't played the games before (especially since fans of Telltale's style of games aren't necessarily fans of first person shooter games). It will probably be like their previous games (like Sam & Max, Wallace & Gromit, Strong Bad, Tales of Monkey Island, The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us), where you don't have to have any experience with the franchise to enjoy the game, but you'll get all of the inside references if you do.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.