Wish list for Sam and Max Episodes

edited June 2006 in Sam & Max
what are some episodes..or things you'd like to see in them?

- sam and max as kids
- uri geller/spoon bending guy
- bigfoots!
- jokes about freelance police's cancellation
- flint paper in an episode!
- sam and max in space
- mt kilamansta
- mack salmon!
- sams grandma
- sam and max in giant heads
- max gets shot replaced by a monkey..

[>:D<]

Comments

• edited June 2006
    I don't get what's so great about spoon-bending guy. He was a small bit character in one scene of the game, and I don't remember him being particularly funny. Of course, I haven't played the game in about eight years, so I may have forgotten. :D Also, I didn't care much for the Sasquatch people for some reason. But, really, if we want fan service, we could just play the Hit The Road game again and save ourselves the wait.

On the other hand, if it came from the original comic books, it's fair game, I think, to try something new with it. NEW!!!
  • edited June 2006
    I second the nonchalance regarding the spoon-bending guy. Anyway my wishes are:

-the grimy, bottom of an ashtray view of the world
    -Flint Paper
    -Highway surfing
    -a prominent role for their guns
    -humour along the lines of the "Getting Along in the Joint" activity page
    -a mix of exotic and noirish, urban locales (for some reason I always seem to think of swamps as being Sam & Max territory... I particularly liked the concept of that TV show episode set in a remote corner of Central Park)
    -minigames!
    -an agressive, adventurous free-jazz inflected score (more of a pipe dream than a wish probably)
    -lots of unexpected, great new stuff
  • edited June 2006
    Snuckey's
  • edited June 2006
    Is that... Timmy?
  • edited June 2006
    I think they should make a small part of the game where it gets reverted back to 2D with PIXELS!
  • edited June 2006
    I second the nonchalance regarding the spoon-bending
    -humour along the lines of the "Getting Along in the Joint" activity page

I second that! :D

I thought the spoon bending guy was hilarious! :p
  • edited June 2006
    There was nothing wrong with the spoon bending guy, I just don't think he really warrents being a recurring character. (I don't remember him being in the comics, ignore this paragraph if he is...) I think he'd probably actually be diminished if used again.

Anyway, new wishes that just occurred to me:
    -puzzles centred around grotesque acts of violence ("I never knew the lower lip could stretch completely over the head like that.")
    -an episode where we witness Sam & Max's trail of destruction from the perspective of an innocent bystander
    -Sam's angry face
  • edited June 2006
    - New, excruciatingly funny jokes that I myself haven't thought about
    - Surprises
    - New locales
    - New characters
    - You get the drift
  • edited June 2006
    - New, excruciatingly funny jokes that I myself haven't thought about
    - Surprises
    - New locales
    - New characters
    - You get the drift

Hehe... Well put, Linque. :D

I'd like to "third" the Sam & Max activity page/public service announcement-type bits. Those would be fantastic.

And don't shy away from the gun and physical violence humor either!
  • edited June 2006
    I think they should make a small part of the game where it gets reverted back to 2D with PIXELS!
    Yeah, that would be really cool.
    It was great in Monkey Island 3 when they stuck in a couple of lo-res scenes from the first game.

Telltale probably wouldn't be allowed to show artwork from the first game though, which is a shame.

Though they could go even further back in time and put in some kind of retro-style arcade minigame, which would also be cool.
  • edited June 2006
    Like the opposite of the VR machine in Bumpusville. :D
  • edited June 2006
    I'm thinking maybe them surprising me would be good. Otherwise, Have Flint Paper at least push a nameless thug down some stairs and cameo Bone in there somewhere. Have them find a computer with the game playing or maybe look up a tree and see some albino guy trying to steal honey from an enormous bee. Albino guy in a tree! Woo!
  • edited June 2006
    You're all mad.
  • edited June 2006
    It'll be interesting to see if any characters from hit the road return in the 1st season of sam and max.. :D
  • edited June 2006
    Bring back Flint!
  • edited June 2006
    It'll be interesting to see if any characters from hit the road return in the 1st season of sam and max.. :D

You're right. I don't really mind if none of them return, but it'll be interesting to see which ones do, if any. Pretty much the optimal situation, really.
  • edited June 2006
    -That there was a random picking of a person that has posted in the forum and the winner would get their nickname mentioned in the actual game... i can just immagine errorage hiding a clue in a sentance...
  • edited June 2006
    -That there was a random picking of a person that has posted in the forum and the winner would get their nickname mentioned in the actual game... i can just immagine errorage hiding a clue in a sentance...
  • edited June 2006
    I hope the G.E.E.K. and Lorne, the Friend for Life return from the Sam & Max animated series. The Lorne episodes were always the funniest, in my opinion. I also hope we get to see more of the molemen and another "Bad Day on the Moon" type of story prominently featuring the ever-present roaches and rats of New York City.
  • edited June 2006
    If The Geek returns I may slit my trembling wrists. Thankfully, it's highly unlikely.

My trembling wrists are safe for another day, though they do make it hard to type.
  • edited June 2006
    I'd rather put my balls through a meat grinder than have the geek return
Sign in to comment in this discussion.