Telltale rocks yet again...

I just got an e-mail saying that 8-Bit Is Enough will be free for those who bought all of the other episodes. :D

Did you guys take an extra swig of Awesomesauce today?

Comments

• edited December 2008
    No, I didn't know.

Besides, I bought the season pass, anyway. :D
  • edited December 2008
    Well, that would explain why you save the cost of an entire episode when you get the season pass.
  • edited December 2008
    Well, I bought the other four episodes on WiiWare. WHERE'S MY Wii Download Ticket for 8-Bit Is Enough, TellTale?
  • edited December 2008
    WHERE'S MY Wii Download Ticket for 8-Bit Is Enough, TellTale?

TellTale doesn't have the kind of power to do that. I personally don't mind paying 50 bucks for all 5 games; that's as much as I would pay for an on-disc game that's not nearly as good as these games are.
  • edited December 2008
    thank you very mutch telltale!! you just made my christmas!! FREE TROGDORR, rock! thank you agin for the game and for it beign 2 tons of awsomeness viva la telltale.:D
  • edited December 2008
    I got this too. I approve of this. Saved me from having to clean out a hutch full of duck crap.
  • edited December 2008
    Yellowtail wrote: »
    I got this too. I approve of this. Saved me from having to clean out a hutch full of duck crap.

Hey! HEY! We're not letting you off the hook for that duck crap. Get on it!
  • edited December 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Hey! HEY! We're not letting you off the hook for that duck crap. Get on it!

Aw, do I have to?
  • edited December 2008
    Yellowtial wrote: »
    Aw, do I have to?

I can sum up the answer to that in one word: yes
  • edited December 2008
    Nicely done TT, I too bought the whole thing at the beginning, but it's good showmanship and excellence in how you treat your customers that will make sure I'll support your future ventures. *Big applause*

Now, any chance of bringing Monkey Island back to life?

-m0r
  • edited December 2008
    Sadly that's a little more complicated than Sam & Max, which was always property of Steve Purcell. Monkey Island is owned by LucasArts, so in order to use the franchise they'd need to get permission directly from LA (which would likely take a good part of the profit). That, and getting Ron Gilbert would also be difficult. Telltale can make a great MI without him, they've got a lot of talent, but I dunno... IF there is the chance of making another Monkey Island I'd like to see what Ron would have done to continue MI2...
  • edited December 2008
    ^ Methinks he was joking. :p (Monkey Island gets requested here so often that it's become a bit of an in-joke.)
  • edited December 2008
    I know, but I wanted to try to convince myself to stop thinking about it too :( :p
  • edited December 2008
    Lachlan_is wrote: »
    I can sum up the answer to that in one word: yes

Fine, I'll do it tomorrow. It's cold, dark and rainy in England at the moment. :rolleyes:
  • edited December 2008
    any, or all?
  • edited December 2008
    No, I didn't know.

Besides, I bought the season pass, anyway. :D

Yeah, same, better to pay 34 something then to pay 9 something for every Episode.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    any, or all?

All. People who purchased all available SBCG4AP episodes -- 1 through 4 -- off of our site.
  • edited December 2008
    If you had known it was going to be awesome from the beginning you would have bought a season pass before the season started like I did, since you didn't though, this is really great. Who said life isn't fair. Great customer service from an amazing company...
  • edited December 2008
    I got this e-mail too, can't wait til Monday! Don't have to beg for my Dads credit card!
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah, but you still paid like, ( 34.99 - ( 8.99 * 4 ) ) * 1.19 = 1.1549 = $1.15 more, so BOOYAH SUCKAZ!!!
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah, me too. I just clicked the link, and I'll be getting it soon I guess.
  • edited December 2008
    I only bought 2 other episodes, and I now have no way to get the last one without purchasing the whole set. Telltale has secretly abandoned individual sale of their episodes.
    Discussion here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7413
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    As I mentioned in the thread you linked to, we're working on something for people who bought fewer than four episodes, and will send out details in email soon. Our intent is not to make people pay for episodes twice.

But let's keep that conversation there, and this one here. Thanks. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.