Tales from the Borderlands E3 2014 Preview - Heyooo, Read This Ya Skag Lickers!

Hey everyone! I got a chance to sit down at the behind closed doors demo for Tales at E3 this year and wrote this preview. Hopefully everyone enjoys it! The game is shaping up to be AMAZING!

http://canadianonlinegamers.com/preview/tales-from-the-borderlands-e3-2014-preview/

Comments

• Why the dislikes? It's great! :)

• Perhaps they didn't enjoy my writing style? I'm glad a few of you did though!

nodenaatti posted: »

Why the dislikes? It's great!

• edited June 2014

It's more like that a lot of hardcore Walking Dead fans come here to dislike posts in this section, mainly because they think this game will fail.

Perhaps they didn't enjoy my writing style? I'm glad a few of you did though!

• Yeah, it's kind of lame. People have the false belief that other games are "stealing" resources from the Walking Dead.

It's more like that a lot of hardcore Walking Dead fans come here to dislike posts in this section, mainly because they think this game will fail.

• Nice write up!

• If they think this game will fail they haven't seen anything from 'Tales' aside from the teaser trailer then. Bottom line is Telltale knows what's up for this genre and they've proved it with not only Walking Dead but Wolf too. They're both amazing!

When you mix Telltale with the Borderlands lore it's got success written all over it!

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2014

People thought the same thing about Walking Dead back when Telltale mainly focused on comedy puzzle games. The only difference now is that, perplexingly, people seemingly want this game to fail just because it isn't Walking Dead. People similarly wanted Wolf Among Us to fail because they thought it was slowing down progress on Walking Dead Season 2 (despite the game having been announced at the same time as Season 1), but now people think the game is in the same league as Walking Dead.

I hope to see people become more open minded as Borderlands and Game of Thrones release. Most of the time when I play Telltale's games, I go in without being acquainted with the source material and I still enjoy the games.

I did, however, play a little bit of Borderlands 2 once Claptrap was announced as one of the characters in Poker Night 2. :P

If they think this game will fail they haven't seen anything from 'Tales' aside from the teaser trailer then. Bottom line is Telltale knows

• I was honestly skeptical about this game the first time they announced it, but the more I heard about it, the more I wanted to play it. I think people will change their minds about this game once the episode comes out, the comedy for Borderlands is too good to pass up!

Yeah, it's kind of lame. People have the false belief that other games are "stealing" resources from the Walking Dead.

• I can't wait to see everyone who thinks this is Telltale's first comedy game ever. :P

I was honestly skeptical about this game the first time they announced it, but the more I heard about it, the more I wanted to play it. I th

• "Skag lickers"? Now that made me feel some type of way.

• Oh yeah, especially the casual gamers that have no idea about Telltale or their games. I bet some would mistake this game for the Borderlands pre-sequel or something. XP

I can't wait to see everyone who thinks this is Telltale's first comedy game ever. :P

• Good or bad? I was shooting for 'filthy dirty' but you never know what sort of kinks people have right?

Chateau posted: »

"Skag lickers"? Now that made me feel some type of way.

• [removed]

Good or bad? I was shooting for 'filthy dirty' but you never know what sort of kinks people have right?

• edited June 2014

I feel I should point out the fact that the skag is actually a creature in the Borderlands games, which is what the OP meant.

It's not that kind of skag. At least I hope not...

• I don't even get it first it all, it doesn't make sense.

I feel I should point out the fact that the skag is actually a creature in the Borderlands games, which is what the OP meant. It's not that kind of skag. At least I hope not...

• It does if you know Borderlands, which you clearly don't. Which begs the question... why bother yourself on a Borderlands forum?

I don't even get it first it all, it doesn't make sense.

• "skag lickers" Not really. That's like saying "ya bug lickers". It's retarded.

It does if you know Borderlands, which you clearly don't. Which begs the question... why bother yourself on a Borderlands forum?

• Lol, to which you prove my point... you clearly have no grasp on the humor used in the Borderlands franchise.

All good, it`s certainly not for everybody.

"skag lickers" Not really. That's like saying "ya bug lickers". It's retarded.

• ChateauChateau Banned
    edited July 2014

and I honestly wish to never understand it, it's basically pure idiocy. You can keep that to yourself.

Lol, to which you prove my point... you clearly have no grasp on the humor used in the Borderlands franchise. All good, it`s certainly not for everybody.

• Hahaha... and the ban hammer strikes its cruel, swift death to the Borderlands hater in a Borderlands forum. Love it!

• Just you wait, more will come here once the first episode releases.

Hahaha... and the ban hammer strikes its cruel, swift death to the Borderlands hater in a Borderlands forum. Love it!

• No dislikes in a while... that's a good thing!

Now that 'Wolf' is all wrapped up it's going to make the wait for 'Tales' even harder. I'm really interested to see how Telltale evolves over time and what they have in store. It's obvious they're just getting bigger but they can't keep going without making their games bigger in scope somehow. Eventually the formula will become stale I think, especially for people who have played everything they've made.

I have faith though! I'm sure the minds behind those closed doors will come up with something good!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.