The Paper

I just realised, while the Paper is supposedly dead, it returns alive and well in SBCG4AP! Do TellTale practice necromancy? Or is this just a mistake? They should change it to the New Paper.

Comments

• edited December 2008
    sbemail 200, paper comes back to life, maybe TBC told telltale about this before hand.
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah but it gets burned up again instantly by Homestars computers sparks.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    I think we all just liked the old paper better. :P It's more iconic/recognizable... and is better.
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah but it gets burned up again instantly by Homestars computers sparks.

It did when it died too, but it still came back, intriguing (or however you spell it).
  • edited December 2008
    Plus, wasn't the first episode supposed to be released, like, a month before The Paper died?
  • edited December 2008
    Will we see New Paper in 8-Bit is Enough?
  • edited December 2008
    The old The Paper is enough.
  • edited December 2008
    Well seeing as the theme is outdated 8-Bit elecctronics, Strong Bad will probably keep the Old Paper. And HR isn't really a canonical thing, the episodes could be set before email 173.
  • edited December 2008
    Ugly Bird wrote: »
    Well, if he's not back on a regular basis, we can at least be reasonably certain he'll be back for a cameo every now and then, just often enough to make us remember how badly the New Paper sucks. After all, it seems like being burnt the first time didn't actually kill him, so logically being burnt a second time (in email 200) wouldn't quite do it either. Aparently The Paper's one tough cookie! The New Paper on the other hand, seems kind of wimpy to me. Maybe he'll die of complications resulting from the injuries he sustained in email 200, or maybe he'll just be too embarassed to return after being humiliated. We can only hope...

Wouldn't it be awesome to see the two Papers fight to the death, high above a giant, bubbling pit of... mountain dew?

I just thought I'd repost this in the proper thread.
  • edited December 2008
    That's a pretty awesome idea, maybe SBCG4AP Season 2 Fun-Machine mini-game.
  • edited December 2008
    I think it would be better if it wasn't a mini-game, but an actual goal in one of the episodes. You would have to figure out how to rig the fight so that the old paper wins. It could be part of a whole scheme, masterminded by sibbie, to threaten the life of all your thirty-year-old electronics.
  • edited December 2008
    Plus, wasn't the first episode supposed to be released, like, a month before The Paper died?

Didn't The Paper die last year?
  • edited December 2008

No.
  • edited December 2008
    Well seeing as the theme is outdated 8-Bit elecctronics, Strong Bad will probably keep the Old Paper. And HR isn't really a canonical thing, the episodes could be set before email 173.

That does seem to work. I'd say it takes place soon before Sbemail 150, since Strong Bad's face design was updated for that email, but SBCG4AP uses the old design from before (the diamond is a dead giveaway).
  • edited December 2008

No, that wouldn't make sense. In Strong Badia the Free, Strong Bad says: "I used to like sloshy, until I found out they had short hair and glasses," which means that sbemail 175 (concert) had already happened.
  • edited December 2008
    So, its not canonical. It can go in any order they want it to go.
  • edited December 2008
    maybe it's set after sbemail 250...so it's set in the future.:D
  • edited December 2008
    I just found this: The email the paper was released on June 11th, and Homestar Ruiner was supposed to be released in June. The game was obviously in production before then, so it makes sense for it to have been in there. Plus, The Paper is more recognizable than the New Paper.
  • edited December 2008
    I just found this: The email the paper was released on June 11th, and Homestar Ruiner was supposed to be released in June. The game was obviously in production before then, so it makes sense for it to have been in there. Plus, The Paper is more recognizable than the New Paper.

That's June 11 2007! Over a year before Homestar Ruiner was released.
  • edited December 2008
    That's June 11 2007! Over a year before Homestar Ruiner was released.
    Curses! Foiled again!
  • edited December 2008
    I just wonder where the paper comes from since you never see a printer anywhere :)
  • edited December 2008
    yes people have, if you watch the sbemail "the paper", then the printer it comes out of drops from the top of the screen.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.