sbemails?

I'm sure the question has crossed everyone's curious mind ever since sbemail 200 was released in September. Will there be another sbemail?

This thread may be a little late, but I was just curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Voice opinions below.

Comments

• edited December 2008
    Yes.
  • edited December 2008
    As much as I hate to say it, I think they're over.
  • edited December 2008
    I would say that they are making it seem as if strong bad can't answer proper sbemails until after sbcg4ap. They're probably making him look busy with it at the moment.
  • edited December 2008
    MIKE: So, we still really haven't decided if there'll be more sbemails or not.

MATT: Oh, I've decided.

MIKE: Yeah?

MATT: Yeah, there won't be.

MIKE: {laughs} There won't be?

MATT: Yeah, that's— we're done.

MIKE: Okay.

MATT: It's too bad this is the last email we're ever making.

MIKE: Yeah.

MATT: For sure, I decided right now, for certain, never again.

MIKE: Really?

MATT: {overlapping} Sorry.

MIKE: I bet by the time this DVD's out we will have made one already.

MATT: No.

MIKE: {laughs} Alright.

MATT: I'm holdin' out.

MIKE: Okay.

MATT: I have a sore throat and dia— diarrhea.

This was partial of the DVD commentary to SBEMail 200.
    So..
    I guess that answers your question.
  • edited December 2008
    SidGarcia wrote: »
    This was partial of the DVD commentary to SBEMail 200.
    So..
    I guess that answers your question.

Hmmm... I suppose voicing an entire game on his own for 5 months WOULD have made Mike's voice raspy (explaining CZ's%110H4SIV).
  • edited December 2008
    Hremails, anyone?
  • edited December 2008
    Hremails, anyone?

Great vehicular ridunculous homicide! No!
  • edited December 2008
    Well, at least this would give us a chance to focus on other things in life, like Sam & Max, Wallace and Gromit, and even the masses of nerds asking "WHERE'S TATSUNOKO VS. CAPCOM IN AMERICA?!" Seriously, we all need our Capcom Vs. Series games, but maybe the only things close to it are the MUGEN games, and the Street Fighter Games on Virtual Console. We really need Street Fighter III: Third Strike on Wii or PS2, though. I mean, it's not like you guys would make Sam & Max Emails! I can imagine one email that Max would keep getting:
    Dear Max,
    Where exactly do you keep your gun?

Answer: None of your damn business! DELETED!!

And maybe they'll get an email from Strong Bad.
    Dear, Rabbitdog and Bunnym'n,
    You guys may not be awesome as I, but at least you do a okay job at the email checking profession. As soon as I recover from this sore throat, It's back to buisness as usual.

Thanks, anyway,

Strong Bad.

Or something like that. And with Matt's throat all sore, maybe we'll have a Silent Old-Timey Decemberween Toon.
  • edited December 2008
    There's always a chance that Matt was just joking, I mean, I watched that commentary (I even wrote that, part of the wiki article), and it didn't really seem that serious. It does seem kind of suspicious that they haven't made one in just a week less than three months, but it could still just be that they're just on hold because of SBCG4AP.
  • edited December 2008
    I hope they are. I really hate how the focus of the series has turned to Strong Bad, to the point that most people here actually call the series "Strong Bad".

The website was made for Homestar, and it should stay that way.
  • edited December 2008
    Well yeah. Just not yet.

I seriously doubt that TBC would end Sbemails, considering that they are like THE most popular part of the site. If they were going to end them they would at LEAST tell us blatantly with something really super-uber epic (like, more so than Sbemail 200, even).
  • edited December 2008
    Didn't everyone think they would stop at 100 sbemails at one point?
    Because if I'm right maybe it's just fans thinking it's over again.
  • edited December 2008
    I've got a feeling that there will be more, in part because I just watched "email thunder" again. You know at the end how they list the names of all 200 emails? After #200's name there's an ellipsis, which I think means that they were leaving room for more sbemails in the future. Lol or maybe I'm overthinking it.
  • edited December 2008
    Honestly, I hope that SBEmails are over, or at least taking a break. There needs to be more Homestar Runner on homestarrunner.com:p
  • edited December 2008
    I'm not sure what to think. The commentary for 200 may have just been joking, or another prompt in their fool-the-fans gag. On the other hand, they could be totally serious. At this point, I think that only time will tell.
  • edited December 2008
    I imagine there will be more emails... they're probably just on hiatus for the holiday and because of SBCG4AP. That said, it probably wouldn't be bad if there were less frequent SBEmail segments and more cartoons. Or HREmails.

btw... a Sam & Max email segment would be hilarious.
  • edited December 2008
    It might be fun if they would also a new Marzipan's Answering Machine.

Or the Chapman Email.

Dear Mike,

How does it feel to have one of the awexomest people as a brother? And how come you're so lame?

Sincerely yours,

A fan
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    I voted yes, but only because I believe the chaps will revisit strong bad emails from time to time informally. I would not be surprised if the formal "sbemail.html" game was over. Seven years is a long long time to do anything, and two hundred is a large number of things to do.

Be advised my Telltale employment doesn't mean I actually know any more than you guys what the Chaps are up to :)
  • edited December 2008
    I voted yes, maybe they can put up a podcast of other toons now? I think the sbemail franchise has finished on a high note, we dont want it to become overdone until we all hate strong bad (unthinkable as it seems)
  • edited December 2008
    zimmi88 wrote: »
    I imagine there will be more emails... they're probably just on hiatus for the holiday and because of SBCG4AP. That said, it probably wouldn't be bad if there were less frequent SBEmail segments and more cartoons. Or HREmails.

btw... a Sam & Max email segment would be hilarious.
    http://www.2pstart.com/2008/04/16/strongbad_emailexe/
  • edited December 2008
    What I don't get is why people don't like that the focus has shifted from Homestar to Strong Bad. I mean, so Strong Bad is the most popular character, is in more toons, and people sometimes refer to the body of work as Strong Bad, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. He's just overall a better character than Homestar, so it's a good thing that Strong Bad is now the icon of the series, because, lets face it, Homestar is really a pretty lame character.
  • edited December 2008
  • edited December 2008
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    It might be fun if they would also a new Marzipan's Answering Machine.

Or the Chapman Email.

Dear Mike,

How does it feel to have one of the awexomest people as a brother? And how come you're so lame?

Sincerely yours,

A fan

You realize how freaking insulting that is? Or did you forget that Mike does a crapload of the animation and music and such? They all work together. Gods, that sounded rude even to me, and I'm not Mike or Matt. :/
    Honestly, I hope that SBEmails are over, or at least taking a break. There needs to be more Homestar Runner on homestarrunner.com:p

I remember them saying that the emails were originally a side thing, and it just sorta evolved into the main pull/focus of the site. I'd love to see me some HRemails. I love the other faces of Homestar Runner besides just Strong Bad. I especially wish we could see some more Old Timey HR and Stinkoman. That Crystal storyline from Twenty THANXty Six would have made for a great mini-series.

As for the main point of this thread, I don't think the SBemails are gone for good, I just think that they're just busy as hell. They both have families (which Missy is part of) and they both have kids. You guys gotta realize it's basically JUST Mike, Matt and Missy making the majority of these emails and animations, right? AND that they do far more than make emails?

We're talking raising a family... making video games... portraying pretty much ALL of the music groups shown in the series (Sloshy, Limozeen, Tarantula, etc)... there's more to Homestar Runner than SBemails. I'd love to see some more of those other aspects. But first I want the Family Chaps to rest up and recover from this grueling video game schedule they've been on. They've faaar more than earned it. So ease up. :/
  • edited December 2008
    Maybe they'll make a Sam & Max Email to act as a teaser for Sam & Max: Season 3.
  • edited December 2008
    I hope they do a full length HREmail
  • edited December 2008
    Quuux wrote: »
    I hope they do a full length HREmail

I repeat: Great ridunculous homicide! NO!
  • edited January 2009
    I vote YES. It takes alot of time to create new sbemails that are just as hilarious as the others. We should try to be patient.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.