Steam Download Failure

Hello,
I have been repeatedly trying to download the game through the steam client.
Every time I reach 1.5GB DLed my download pauses and I get an error message: "An error occurred while updating the wolf among us ()".

Here's some info of my journey so far:

• Deleted the 'Apache' folder from the steam folder.
  • Verified game files through steam game settings.
  • Uninstalled the game.
  • Restarted my computer.
  • Installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86).
  • I have over 100gb of free space on my hard disk, this should not be a problem.

Sadly I feel helpless with this, would really appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend try switching your download region to a different region. To do this, please click View from inside the Steam Client. Then click Settings from the drop down menu. Once the Settings window opens, click on the Downloads tab, and under the Download Region section, select a different region from what it's currently set to. Then restart Steam, and see if the update completes successfully.

• Hey Mike,
    Thank you for the response.

I've tried uninstalling the game and re-installing (downloading) it into a different drive.
    I have absolutely no idea why it worked, but it did.
    Sharing the information in case some poor fella will face this dreadful error in the future...

Have a good one!

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend try switching your download region to a different region. To do this, please click View from

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Thank you for providing the extra information! I hope you are able to enjoy the game!

MoolT posted: »

Hey Mike, Thank you for the response. I've tried uninstalling the game and re-installing (downloading) it into a different drive. I hav

This discussion has been closed.