"Finish" button clarification

HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
edited September 2005 in Game Support
Hi all!
If you go through the purchase path and see a "Finish" button instead of a "download now" button, click the finish button. This should automatically unlock your game. (You do NOT need a registration key, the system will unlock the game for you).

To check whether your game is now unlocked, start the game. If you see the "buy now" screen at the start of the game, your game is still locked. If, however, it goes straight to the main menu your game is unlocked and you are good to go!

Enjoy!

Comments

• edited September 2005
    My game is still locked. I wrote to support@telltalegames.com this morning and have not gotten a response. I looked up my purchases, and nothing is listed there.
    I tried retrieving a key. That didn't work. I'm frustrated.
  • edited September 2005
    I looked up my purchases, and nothing is listed there.

Yeah, shouldn't Out From Boneville be listed up there as well? :-/ It shows Telltale Texas Hold'em as one of my purchases, but Bone isn't on the list.
  • edited September 2005
    Just wanted to comment, this definitely does not happen. I purchased the game after installing the demo and it does not unlock and no unlock code is provided. The only way to make it work is by clicking on the red Customer Support letters at the top of the initial start up screen where you have the option to play the demo or purchase. This takes you to a screen where you enter your order number and password and it will unlock the game. Really wish you guys would straighten this out as its pretty poorly handled. No unlock key is provided in any email, its not shown on the invoice, and the only way to make the game a full version is a little silly.
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2005
    Ok, I guess this isn't working as it should at the moment.

This should be one of the fixes in the new version. I'll let everyone know when that becomes available.
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2005
    OK, the new version is available, so the finish button should work again.

If anyone finds this is not the case, please let us know.
  • edited September 2005
    I looked up my purchases, and nothing is listed there.

Yeah, shouldn't Out From Boneville be listed up there as well? :-/ It shows Telltale Texas Hold'em as one of my purchases, but Bone isn't on the list.

At least you have one thing showing up. None of my purchases (both bought direct from the web, rather than through a locked version) are there at all.
  • edited September 2005
    Read this to see where I am at:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forum/viewthread?thread=343

I downloaded the 1.0 version, had it not work, was given a key, no way to put it in, told over and over to download the 1.1 version, when I only managed to download 1.0 through www.yousendit.com ... EVERY SINGLE FFFING TIME I DOWNLOAD EITHER OF THESE VERSIONS - THE DOWNLOADER PROGRAM MESSES IT UP. Gets up to 30-40MB, then goes 100%. The temp file in DRDld does not go up in size, my connectivity goes to zilch.

I CANNOT EVEN DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION...>GAH (edit) [>:)]
  • edited September 2005
    Dude, it's something to do with your internet connection. No one else is having these problems :(
  • edited September 2005
    I'm not so sure actually, it is a reported bug of the installer going to 100%, there have been others..just not as many with the new version. I guess that there aren't that many modem users..

I don't have connection problems with ANY OTHER PROBLEM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So please explain!! I have long timeouts for everything, no disconnect if idle, reconnect on disconnect...
This discussion has been closed.