What is your AWESOME reaction to 8-bit?

I thought it was a good way to end... especially how it started with it continuing the "Real Jump."

Comments

• edited December 2008
    It was pretty awesome, I especially liked Mr. Fixit, the Doom sequence, the PS1-style 3D and the characterisation of the Stinkoman enemies. But it felt a bit too short. :/ And Homsar got left out again! :p

The gag about repeating textures cracked me up (little buddy), because, as a level designer myself, that's something I have to deal with all too often. :p

Oh yeah: Homestar in the interface = win. :D I loved it when he said "Hey! Listen!" and later on when he went all Metal Gear Solid. :p

Also, Extended Play was a bit of a let down, since there are no characters to interact with at all. And what was with that ending? I felt confused...

I dunno, now I've played all the episodes, I feel like maybe the order should've been like this:

-Homestar Ruiner
    -Baddest of the Bands
    -8 Bit Is Enough
    -Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective
    -Strong Badia The Free!

Because even though SBTF isn't the best episode, it still felt very climatic, had all 12 characters involved heavily in the story, and it revealed the secret about Homsar. I imagine it would be a more fitting end to the series.
  • edited December 2008
    I liked the part when Trogdor PWNed Strong Bad with it's bulky arm:D.
  • edited December 2008
    I love the way they did the old time first person view.
  • edited December 2008
    HS's "Yatta" line made me giggle. Homestar following Strong Bad around reminded me of one fan fiction....

And, "Ultimate Trogdor" reminds me of my neopets name, Ultimate_homestar. Therefore, I am happy. It just felt short, though... Probably because I was amazed at how they worked that picture in. Dang, Strong Bad looked awesome in his pose in the credits.
  • edited December 2008
    Talk about finishing with a bang... the Wolfenstein 3D sequence had me in utter awe. It even has KOT as Hans Grosse. :D

The episode was like a continuation of Reality 2.0, which basically makes it a win in my book.
  • edited December 2008
    What did I think?

Best. End sequence. EVER!!!
  • edited December 2008
    Everything, was, WONDERFUL.

I can't even describe my best part. All were awesome.

Glad you guys used Strong Bad's Idea in the end. Made me happy inside. Even though all those things happend, you still gave him what he wanted. I wonder if he'll post about it in his blog?
  • edited December 2008
    Trog-sword. Quite possibly, the defining moment of all that is Strong Bad.
  • edited December 2008
    Um, Trog-sword's an item, not a moment.
  • edited December 2008
    Definitely a great episode, and probably my favorite if only for all the video game gags ("Hey! Listen!"), but it did feel short, especially in comparison to Dangeresque 3.

I was also disappointed that Homsar had no showing up, that the ending was still fairly anticlimactic (loved the Ultimate Trogdor dequence, though) and that Stinkoman had only a small role. I mean, I thought that Stinkoman would be huge and the other main videogame character. I guess not. T_T

Still loved everything he said, though.
  • edited December 2008
    I thought it was pretty awesome. Except... normally, I hate videogame-cliche-parody plots, because those are, 99.999999999999% of the time, at least a billion times worse than the actual cliches themselves. However this game pulled it off good enough. My favorite part was the part with the Videlectrix programmers and their... ahem... voicemail system.

Then the game locked up every time I tried to save in Extended Play so it stopped being awesome. Oh well.
  • edited December 2008
    The best of the season! I got a kick out of the Thunder Cats esque sword, and the He-Man "I have the power!" esque chant.
  • edited December 2008
    Teeth wrote: »
    I dunno, now I've played all the episodes, I feel like maybe the order should've been like this:

-Homestar Ruiner
    -Baddest of the Bands
    -8 Bit Is Enough
    -Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective
    -Strong Badia The Free!

Because even though SBTF isn't the best episode, it still felt very climatic, had all 12 characters involved heavily in the story, and it revealed the secret about Homsar. I imagine it would be a more fitting end to the series.

I gotta disagree there, Strong Badia the Free, while 95% awesome-sauce, has the biggest momentum kill of the season, that would be a terrible ending. Dangeresque3 and 8-bit are a package deal due to the jump. 101, 102 and 103 can be juggled a bit, but 105 feels like the climax (though I have to agree that the extended play feels rather barren and unloved, but at this point in the season I can't hold that against Telltale.)
  • edited December 2008
    And so ends arguably the greatest Strong Bad Game EVER!!!!
    I do hope for a second season of sbcg4ap but I see its a little impractical what with Sam and Max Season 3, Wallace and Gromit and yet another mystery game.

But here's hoping eh! just for the sake of it, here is my list of fav sbcg4ap games in order:
    8 Bit is enough
    Strong Badia the Free
    Baddest of the Bands
    Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective
    Homestar Ruiner
  • edited December 2008
    The only real awesomeness I had was when I walked up at the game selection screen and
    I ran up to the Peasant's Quest game. The moment I heard the computer guy say the name "Rather Dashing", awesomeness rose instantly.
  • edited December 2008
    I won the game 2 TIME TODAY AND YESTERDAY
  • edited December 2008
    The ending and everything nearly brought a tear to my eye (I was eating the oddest food ever- an Onion & Mustard sandwich during the ending so its hard to tell) I loved Homestar's Comments (Choosing 3 of the characters on my top ten most annoying whining characters from videogames- Props if you can guess #1 (PM me, PS: I'm a Nintendo fan)
    and the Doom/Wolfenstein part made me Smile :)
  • edited December 2008
    To me this was the third best of SBCG4AP, after Strong Badia the Free and Dangeresque 3. Maybe I was just thrown by the "fan service" line at the beginning, but there seemed far too much of that in this one. Lines that made me literally go "ugh". But there were still lots of funny chuckle sort of moments, too. Again, I don't play these games for the puzzles, but for funny writing. Overall the game matches what I've seen from the web content, very hit and miss humour.

I did like the bit with the Wolfenstein-like corridors. It's so true, I could never tell where to go in that game because every single place looked the same. And Strong Bad vs Trogdor in that very Quake-looking final battle was cool, too.

I was hoping for something as epic as Chariots of the Dogs or What's New Beelzebub and got this, instead.
  • MaxFan wrote: »
    To me this was the third best of SBCG4AP, after Strong Badia the Free and Dangeresque 3. Maybe I was just thrown by the "fan service" line at the beginning, but there seemed far too much of that in this one. Lines that made me literally go "ugh". But there were still lots of funny chuckle sort of moments, too. Again, I don't play these games for the puzzles, but for funny writing. Overall the game matches what I've seen from the web content, very hit and miss humour.

I did like the bit with the Wolfenstein-like corridors. It's so true, I could never tell where to go in that game because every single place looked the same. And Strong Bad vs Trogdor in that very Quake-looking final battle was cool, too.

I was hoping for something as epic as Chariots of the Dogs or What's New Beelzebub and got this, instead.
    Unlike the above, I play games for Both, seeing for a balance between References, Humor, and Puzzlifity.

And yup - I FOUND IT! LOVED the Wolfenstein 3D Sequence, as well as the suprise of rather-dashing's voice, also fun to help the Robots in Stinkoman (Always wanted to meet n' greet them... I wish Jaro was thar.)

GREAT References to the Site, but a bit dissapointed at one thing... No Homsar? :[
  • edited December 2008
    i totally loved how strong bad turned into the 3d guy, that "he" previously posted on the dev-blog. unfortunately, the mutated the cheat was missing.
    also, the fps sequence was hilarious...especially the kot using wolfenstyle german. he had better pronunciation than most of the original wolfenstein enemies...
  • edited December 2008
    I liked this episode, and the final battle was EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC. But, I was dissapointed by how little of a part Stinkoman had. I mean, he was so hyped up and then...nothing. Still, pretty cool conclusion. Although Trogdor being free at the end was sorta....annoying. I went through that AWESOME battle for nothing. Oh well.
  • edited December 2008
    One word.

Epic-awesome-super-mega-over-the-top-ultra-uberness.
    Or just Awesome.
    Ending confused me a bit though, is Trogdor dead or what?
  • edited December 2008
    I thought it was just a dream (maybe he went uncouncious(?) after he put in the mother board?) and Strong Bad never actually killed Trogdor since he's unkillable.
    Or something like that.
  • edited December 2008
    I just finished it...

All I can say is "WOW."
    TellTale Games + TBC = pure genius!
  • edited December 2008
    Cons:
    - no Pom Pom
    - no Homsar
    - no Level 10 (sometime in the next few months, please?)

Pros:
    - pretty much EVERYTHING ELSE.
  • edited December 2008
    Best game in the series ever.That was truly amazing I mean ghost boxes, red boxes, Strinkoman, Trogdor, Gela-Marshie,Boxer Joe with the combination of snakes for your own crate breaking kit, Algebros, Limozeen, Space circus bear who is able to deafeat the clown, SM as a top-tier Soviet athlete in a Semi-Legendary Soviet Semi-Athlete Putchnya Shotski game named Halfathlon as a character named Mr. Shotski, Marzikong as the lady in Lady Crate Ape, the Poopsmith as Mr. Fixit in Mr. Fixit, Spirits of 76 starring Samuel Adams, John Hancock, Ben Franklin, and Paul Revere,SS as a princess, Gel - Arshies Pro Fruitborder in the game and behind the scenes, Stinkoman 20 x 6, and Peasents quest, SB sprite changes of SBCG4AP advertisment, Rhinofeeder, secret collect, and SB dream of Ultimate SB along with who we play on the arcade machine at the end, 3 games for the fun machine, along with a good list for the how much I rule chart without having to go back to much and three different games: Gel - Arshies Pro Fruitboarder, Redcoat Ghost Patrol, and Trogdor's 3D-Ungeon staring Ultimate Trogdor. Only let down is, no Dangeresque 3 costumes for P.C., no leaving the photo booth with the clothes on. But you can even make your Torsoe much too awesome.
  • edited December 2008
    the part that came out on me was when I got in the stinkoman game(second time after being unable to access it). When i heard SB say a phrase most related to one of the most insanely hard games where your most likely to die more than once if your not extremely careful. What am i talking about? I Wanna Be The Guy.
  • edited December 2008
    Unlike the above, I play games for Both, seeing for a balance between References, Humor, and Puzzlifity.

This is how I like my games in situations like this. So I personally felt that Episode 5, while it definitely felt short, and the Extras felt.. lacking.. that it was still the most incredible and awesome of the episodes. I nearly fell off the sofa when he said the Fan Service line, because I knew it was coming and I couldn't wait. The fact that it carries over from Episode 4 (which I also thought was awesome and would have been perfect for a real movie if made in the "dream office" style graphics used in the Extended Play and Opening) was just sweet.

Although I do miss some of the characters, and there was no opening sequence, I kept waiting around for it. There was no ending song, either.

So yeah, it isn't perfect, but the sheer epic proportions it delivers were welcome and enjoyable. Being that I grew up in the era that Strong Bad is always referencing (the Apple/Tandy and Atari/Commodore 64 era) makes this episode even more special to me. Because I could relate to everything that happened in the game, and that made it all the more worth it.

I do wish the game had been longer though.

Anyways, yes... to Emily, Jake, and the other TellTale people... thanks for making a truly awesome series (and an even more awesome episode). And extra special thanks to the Family Chaps (which includes Missy) for spending all this time and effort on providing the most immersive and impressive "media-based" game series in quite possibly the history of gaming. I can't think of another game or game series that was based off a show/movie/comic that came as close as this to being so great and authentic.
  • edited December 2008
    remeber do this sb aaaaaaaahhh good times good times
Sign in to comment in this discussion.