Comments

• edited November 2004
    Hmmm, there was quite a bit of stuff in there I hadn't known about before. But who's this Aric Wilmunder. It said he co-created scumm with Ron Gilbert, but I've never heard of him before.
  • edited November 2004
    Hmmm, there was quite a bit of stuff in there I hadn't known about before. But who's this Aric Wilmunder. It said he co-created scumm with Ron Gilbert, but I've never heard of him before.

I have no idea, but he's credited in the Mac version of MI1 (and maybe MI2; I don't remember) with Ron Gilbert and a couple of others as the creators of the SCUMM system.
  • edited November 2004
    Aric Wilmunder scripted the original SCUMM engine with Gary Winnick for Maniac Mansion. I know he has several other credits, I wanna say his name is in Fate of Atlantis. I think he may have left LucasArts around the '92 area, but don't hold me to that.
  • edited July 2005
    Aric Wilmunder scripted the original SCUMM engine with Gary Winnick for Maniac Mansion. I know he has several other credits, I wanna say his name is in Fate of Atlantis. I think he may have left LucasArts around the '92 area, but don't hold me to that.

Yes, he was very involved in Fate of Atlantis, as well as several Star Wars games.
  • edited July 2005
    Err, yeah I was way off.
  • edited July 2005
    There's some rather wonderful archival stuff from the very, very early days of LucasFilm Games (articles, press kit images) on original Company Director Peter Langston's website;

http://www.langston.com/LFGames/
  • edited August 2005
    This is all the exact type of information i needed for my school website project thing all about SCUMM which i made a few months ago. Curses
Sign in to comment in this discussion.