Will SBCGFAP get a full season disk release on the Wii?

I am just wondering if we will get a full season release for the Wii on disk?

Comments

• edited December 2008
    There's already some extremely related threads, but whatever. I think that the chances of there being a Wii game are a bit lower than there being a DVD.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    We'd like to do it, but there's a bit more involved in putting out a retail Wii game than doing the collector's DVD for our site (which will be coming out in 2009, btw!). We're looking into it, though. :)
  • edited December 2008
    What about a Wii Disc/DVD Combo Pak?
  • edited December 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    We'd like to do it, but there's a bit more involved in putting out a retail Wii game than doing the collector's DVD for our site (which will be coming out in 2009, btw!). We're looking into it, though. :)

Hm...will the DVD be a stand-alone DVD you can purchase, or will it be included with the full first season, like with Sam and Max 1 & 2? I'm not sure if I'm willing to purchase the whole season again just for a single DVD of extras.
  • edited December 2008
    There's a couple of problems with doing an SBCG4AP Wii retail release. Firstly, Telltale would need to find a publisher willing to publish it, and Homestar Runner doesn't have the existing retail recognition of Sam & Max, with its pretty well-known past. Secondly, Nintendo may have special rules concerning retail releases of WiiWare games. They may remove the ability to purchase episodes in all regions where the retail version is available, or they may disallow the existence of a retail version outright.
  • edited December 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    There's a couple of problems with doing an SBCG4AP Wii retail release. Firstly, Telltale would need to find a publisher willing to publish it, and Homestar Runner doesn't have the existing retail recognition of Sam & Max, with its pretty well-known past. Secondly, Nintendo may have special rules concerning retail releases of WiiWare games. They may remove the ability to purchase episodes in all regions where the retail version is available, or they may disallow the existence of a retail version outright.

Jeez someone did their homework, maybe atari will do it, seeing as theyre doind s&m season 2 anyway
  • edited December 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »

What are you somking?!?!?!?!?!? Homestar is way more recognizable than Sam&Max!
  • edited December 2008
    Hmm... Are the season pass and related offers still going to be available 2-4 months after the holidays? If so, I'd rather continue to wait out the possibility of a Wii disc version... But I otherwise know better than to think we'd have any idea sooner than that.

Also, as a dev on the NDS... BiggerJ's speculations are entirely improbable. For example, regardless of recognition, publishers love when companies come to them with a finished product. It means they're paying less for it. I'm not going to touch the rest of that except to say "That doesn't sound like the Nintendo I know."
  • edited December 2008
    the season pass? like buying the whole season for 34,95$?
    hmm, i am no expert, but since you can still buy the sam & max season one dvd, which is over a year old, i assume that also the strong bad offer will stand for some time. so, if you there won't be a wii release you can still get the pc version and dvd...i hope, that is what you needed to know.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.