Will SBCG4AP come to Steam? (Yes -- SBCG4AP now on Steam)

Hello,
I am in college and I didn't have time to play these games during the school semester. I want to play them over my holiday break and I was wondering if this season was going to come to steam? I bought the first season of Sam and Max and found it very convenient. So will this game come out on Steam and if so when?
Thanks!

Comments

• edited December 2008
    College Schmollege. I have an algebra final tomorrow, and haven't studied yet because of 8 Bit is Enough.

As for your question though, I have no idea. I think it took a while for Sam and Max Season 2 to get put up on steam, so I doubt this'll get out all too soon.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    We like Steam a lot and try to get all of our stuff on the service sooner or later (I believe Telltale's entire catalog of downloadable games, pre-SBCG4AP, is up on Steam). That's all I really know to say at the moment! (sorry for not having more info for you!)

Well, that and this commercial message: We of course sell the games as PC downloads from our site at the moment, so you could get them today! :)
  • edited December 2008
    Thanks for all the info guys! I'm going to go ahead and buy them from here XD!
  • edited December 2008
    poohead900 wrote: »
    College Schmollege. I have an algebra final tomorrow, and haven't studied yet because of 8 Bit is Enough.

Just ask the Algebros to make your test. But I'd go for Dex, since he can at least say something more than "We must restore balance!"
  • edited December 2008
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Just ask the Algebros to make your test. But I'd go for Dex, since he can at least say something more than "We must restore balance!"

I'm pretty sure having an 8-bit character punch his test trying to balance it out won't help him pass.
  • edited December 2008
    so the full games are on steam?! time to get them!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    so the full games are on steam?! time to get them!

Time to re-read more carefully. The games aren't currently on Steam.
  • edited December 2008
    oh... no wonder i couldn't find them
  • edited December 2008
    The games were just made available on steam.
    I would buy them if steam would fix their currency bug.
    (Europeans are forced to buy the games for too high prices right now on steam)
  • edited December 2008
    Would the DVD be available to Steam buyers?

I really don't care that much, I bought the entire season here, but it would be interesting to know.
  • edited December 2008
    Would the DVD be available to Steam buyers?

I really don't think so.
  • edited December 2008
    I got S&M 1 there (And two here- still han't got the DVD, but I'll get it around my birthday, Jan.) And you don't.
  • edited December 2008
    Yes it came out on steam
  • edited December 2008
    Ah you sneaky bastards, lol! Now I'm going to have to buy it twice in pursuit of my goal of getting my entire gaming library on Steam. It's ok, though, the full season was easily worth more than the $35 you charged for it.
  • edited December 2008
    Fooey wrote: »
    Now I'm going to have to buy it twice in pursuit of my goal of getting my entire gaming library on Steam.

Wow, Steam must really like customers like you!
  • edited December 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »

Wow, Steam must really like customers like you!

You mean Valve, right?
  • edited December 2008
    I can't stand Steam as a service. Just give me a damned executable file and I'll be happy. =p

Besides, I'm sure Valve snags some of the cash from each purchase, and I don't like paying people for essentially facilitating digital real estate.

Anyway, other than Telltale's games, Portal, and Peggle...there are no games I'd play on Steam.

But whatever. I guess I'm glad that people can continue to lovingly support this odd little client.

Greenhouse FTW.
  • edited December 2008
    WOOO!!!! PEGGLE!!!!

Yeah, actually, in my opinion Steam is used to be a good alternative to going to the stores to buy the game, or waiting for a package to arrive.

That is until they decided to screw over Europe, by turning the dollar signs to Euro signs.

Grandiose.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Besides, I'm sure Valve snags some of the cash from each purchase, and I don't like paying people for essentially facilitating digital real estate.

I don't mind at all, since digital real estate is highly tangible if we're talking about a Steam audience built primarily on Source releases. So in a way, I feel like I'm facilitating the continuation of the Half-Life life series by snagging stuff on steam. Facilitating is a fun word.

Facilitating.

And Greenhouse will take their cut of sales as well :)
  • edited December 2008
    I checked the SBCG4AP page on Steam, and it said it was rated E10+. I didn't get that, because I thought Homestar Ruiner was T. Just wondering.
  • edited December 2008
    I can't stand Steam as a service. Just give me a damned executable file and I'll be happy. =p

And just give me my .DMGable file!!!!
    maybe not...
    edited December 2008
    I checked the SBCG4AP page on Steam, and it said it was rated E10+. I didn't get that, because I thought Homestar Ruiner was T. Just wondering.

They probably had to pick one rating for the whole package and opted for the most common one: E10+
  • edited December 2008
    Shauntron wrote: »
    I don't mind at all, since digital real estate is highly tangible if we're talking about a Steam audience built primarily on Source releases.

So it's good for you. I get that. But I'm buying it. Why do I care?
    So in a way, I feel like I'm facilitating the continuation of the Half-Life life series by snagging stuff on steam.
    I'm sure I could care less, but that's a bit of a jerkwad thing to say.
    Facilitating is a fun word.

True!
    And Greenhouse will take their cut of sales as well :)

I suppose I don't know why I said that...I'll generally buy as directly from the developer as I can...barring any inconvenient release that can be changed by buying elsewhere. But anyway, I've bought both Penny Arcade games from their service and I'm pretty happy with 'em. They've tried pointing me towards other games at least, though only World of Goo interested me and I'd already had my eyes on that for awhile. Still, they're drawing attention only to indie games, and a guy has to respect that. That guy being me.

natlinxz wrote: »
    And just give me my .DMGable file!!!!
    maybe not...

Why don't I know that extension?

*looks it up*

Oh. =p
    edited December 2008
    So it's good for you. I get that. But I'm buying it. Why do I care?

I was just offering an opposite opinion, nothing to invalidate over.

I'm sure I could care less, but that's a bit of a jerkwad thing to say.

I'm clearly missing something.
  • edited December 2008
    I've already bought all the games on this site, can I get them connected to Steam in the future? When I put in the keys from the My Games page into Steam it says they're not valid :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.