Will the episodes be as short as the latest TT ones?

DaemonToolDaemonTool Banned

I'd like to know if there's a chance that Telltale will go back to longer episodes for this series.

I'm afraid there will be shorter ones (45min or so, but maybe on a regular monthly basis).

This will undoubtely be important in my choice to buy the game. I prefer to pay more than 5$/ep. , but have fulfilling and entertaining episodes.

Comments

• Why dows it tag the post as spoiler? :o

• Hard to tell, but assume the usual episode length. Around 90 minutes, give or take some.

• "Jurassic park free demo?" What?

• I'm afraid there will be shorter ones (45min or so, but maybe on a regular monthly basis).

Probably not. Tales from the Borderlands supposedly more "real" gameplay heavy compared to TWD/TWaU. These shooter/equipment sequences will probably make those episodes longer. So if Telltale doesn't deliver even less choices/hub content than before - and I don't really see how they could - there's a fair chance that episodes will be considerably longer again.

• edited July 2014

Isn't it going to be QTE heavy with a little bit of weapon customization?

Vainamoinen posted: »

I'm afraid there will be shorter ones (45min or so, but maybe on a regular monthly basis). Probably not. Tales from the Borderlands

• From the previews I've seen, they said that part where you choose whether to deploy a robot or something to fend off some attackers was QTE based, yes. At least far as I remember.

They said they'd be looting too, but from what they saw, it was more relegated to getting credits. So, I guess having currency on hand might be important.

Isn't it going to be QTE heavy with a little bit of weapon customization?

• edited July 2014

The fans have definitely let telltale know they are unhappy with the length of the TWAU and TWDS2 episodes, but it remains to be seen if they can change that for this game. The only thing that seems to make the fans even more unhappy is having to wait so long between episodes so you have to wonder what kind of strategy they will have for their upcoming games. They have a limited amount of resources and can't realistically increase those resources overnight. I can understand why they didn't want to take the risk of throwing everything they made from season one of The Walking Dead into expanding the company, but they shouldn't have taken on so many other projects with the limited resources they have now. I still don't think they should be working on more than one game at a time yet. I think a lot of people agree with me on that point even though I'm sure it's pretty split on what that one game should have been when it comes to the TWAU and TWDS2.

I enjoyed TWAU, but I think it's obvious they could have taken that game to a new level if they had more time to work with in each episode. It felt rushed even though I thought they did a pretty good job at cramming stuff into the episodes. There were things they just couldn't do within that time limit such as expanding on the relationships between characters. TWDS2 has the same problems with having too many characters and not enough time to develop them; although a lack of hubs and exploration and simplified QTE that sometimes seem to respond even when done incorrectly haven't been positive changes and should be resolved in future games as well.

Longer episodes along with quicker release dates are needed for their future games along with bringing back hubs and puzzles that feel worthwhile and not thrown in just for the sake of it. The current games are basically cut scenes that only give you control over the character in confined areas with almost nothing to do. Maybe one or two things to look at at before walking into invisible walls that lead you to another cut scene. While I understand why they didn't risk throwing everything from TWD back into the company, I think they have really screwed up on their strategy. They have stripped their games of hubs and puzzles which were essential for character development and feeling involved in the game and it's story. They also shortened the length of the episodes dramatically in an effort to take on more projects which also hurts character development, and they still cant get the episodes released any faster. They have the same issue with glitches and bugs as well. The graphics got better, but the lag is just as bad as before; at least on the consoles anyway. Instead of expanding on what fans loved about TWDS1 they stripped most of those things aways while almost all the problems they had with S1 are still there in their new games.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.