Game of Thrones TTG

edited July 2014 in Game Of Thrones

So , since i love the books and the tv show and i'm waiting for more news about this i was thinking about creating a topic about it.

• What do you guys think about TTG making a game based on GoT?
  • Do you think the quality will be lower than TWD because of the amount of games they are releasing this year ?
  • Is TTG the best company to make a game based on Got and based on how bad the games about GoT have been ?
  • What do you expect to see in this game and what do you think about the release date ?
  • Do you think this game can get a GOTY like TWD did ?

share your thoughts and opinions here :)

ps: sorry about bad english :D

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I'm not familiar with Game of Thrones, but I'm interested in this. But a question I've had on my mind for a while is, what was in that ten minute demo that impressed HBO?

• As a big fan of both the Game of Thrones TV Show and the Song of Ice and Fire book series, I am quite excited to see what TTG comes up with. I think if anyone can make a good GoT game it's Telltale considering they've already shown that they know how to craft an excellent story while staying true to the source material and they only get better with each game. At first I was worried that the quality would drop given how many projects they are working on right now but if TWD and TWAU are anything to prove, that's not the case. If they do it right this game could go right up there with TWD and I hope that's the case.

• who knows.. probably they show what they would put in the game in terms of story characters or gameplay

dojo32161 posted: »

I'm not familiar with Game of Thrones, but I'm interested in this. But a question I've had on my mind for a while is, what was in that ten minute demo that impressed HBO?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I started watching the TV show because Telltale announced they they where making a game based off it and i really enjoyed it. I haven't read any of the books but i am looking forward to the game when it comes out, it seems the perfect type of genre and story type for Telltale's style of gaming.

• I've been trying to get into the show a little as well.

OzzyUK posted: »

I started watching the TV show because Telltale announced they they where making a game based off it and i really enjoyed it. I haven't read

• I was glad to hear they're doing it. It could easily go wrong, but Telltale's one of thew few developers I can see doing the series justice. I do think they're making a mistake using the TV show as their primary source, however.

• yeah.. i dont believe it's going to be based on tv show however ( possibily only the iron thron or the places )
    i would like the game to have characters from the tv show or books playable , but i think they will do like they did in TWD

I was glad to hear they're doing it. It could easily go wrong, but Telltale's one of thew few developers I can see doing the series justice. I do think they're making a mistake using the TV show as their primary source, however.

• wow hard to know that people only watch or read Game of Thrones because of TTG game announcement xD but oh well

I've been trying to get into the show a little as well.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2014

I haven't watched or read Game of Thrones yet either, and will probably watch at least the first episode of Game of Thrones before Telltale's game comes out to see if I like the source material.

I did the same for The Walking Dead when Telltale announced that series as well, and I read the first trade paperback of Fables before The Wolf Among Us came out due to Telltale announcing they were working on the series. The other franchises that Telltale had done I was already a fan of before they announced the game, save for Bone, which I read the entire comic saga [i]after[/i] I played Telltale's games, in order to complete the story, since Telltale sadly lost the rights to complete that one.

GCardoso posted: »

wow hard to know that people only watch or read Game of Thrones because of TTG game announcement xD but oh well

• I mean they should use the books as their first port of call. The main reason being that they'd have more artistic license with the world. We'd get Telltale's interpretation rather than HBO's. Also, the Westerlands (or Lannister) soldiery wouldn't have to wear those silly Lion-Samurai-Predator helmets.

yeah.. i dont believe it's going to be based on tv show however ( possibily only the iron thron or the places ) i would like the game to have characters from the tv show or books playable , but i think they will do like they did in TWD

• My theory is that the game will be a prequel to the show and be on Ned Stark's POV, and how he handled the rebellion against the mad king, his sister's relationship with Robert Baratheon, How Theon Greyjoy becomes his ward and lastly Rheagar Targaryan. Only because ned's history was Incredibly rich and I doubt the TV show will ever touch upon it at all when it was a huge factor of the books.

• i would like that. since they will not show ned and robert relationship in the tv show before the throne , lyanna and jon snow mother , the only thing they can do is a game with that..

i would like to play with aeomon or rhaegar too ... they're story is awesome too and they are the coolest targaryens imho

Krazehcakes posted: »

My theory is that the game will be a prequel to the show and be on Ned Stark's POV, and how he handled the rebellion against the mad king, h

• edited July 2014

I think parts of Robert's Rebellion will make it into the show eventually, hopefully we'll get the Tower of Joy scene through one of Brans visions. Or Rhaegar's wedding at the Isle of Faces? Telltale can't really base their game on it because its too important, and we haven't got the full story from the books yet.

I wish Telltale were doing a prequel, I know show watchers want their favourite characters, but in Game of Thrones the backstory/history is SO relevant! History repeats, and we see that over and over again in the books. The backstory provides the biggest clues as to where the series is headed, yet its nonexistent in the TV show

i would like that. since they will not show ned and robert relationship in the tv show before the throne , lyanna and jon snow mother , the

• A vision from Bran may show glimpses but I highly highly doubt he'll get a full flashback. That seems REALLY out of narrative for the TV show. (although Man would that give me some good reasons to find Bran more useful).

Knowing telltale's writing though I could see them still craft a healthy narrative with much hinting rather than blow cannon from the books. So its not impossible, They worked wonders with The wolf among us which fit healthily and snuggled within cannon while still making a great story.

tmsmyth4 posted: »

I think parts of Robert's Rebellion will make it into the show eventually, hopefully we'll get the Tower of Joy scene through one of Brans v

• So true, I can't think of anything else they can use without it being a completely different story/set of characters like in Walking Dead. but it's already confirmed that the Main character will be someone in the books and show and Ned is the only one i can think of with a heavy history. (maybe Stannis?)

i would like that. since they will not show ned and robert relationship in the tv show before the throne , lyanna and jon snow mother , the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.