Make Your Own Videlectrix Game!

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Um, you do know I was just trying to be funny, right?
  • edited January 2009
    Well, apparently not. I thought it was funny. :punch
  • edited January 2009
    Well, better to laugh with me than at me. *shrug*

And I did not know that I couldn't spell "tongue" correctly, unlike what I just did. And I didn't know I typed in all lowercase. I'm a lot more awesome than I thought I was.
  • edited January 2009
    Title: Pixel Wars 6: The Deranged Developer

Prologue: Styu returns after defeating the 16-bit Monstrosity (Pixel Wars 5: The Monologue Beep) to go on an epic quest to reach level 99 before the Deranged Developer decides to quit making Pixel War games. Can Styu level up all of 98 times before the Developer presses CTRL, ALT, DELETE? You decide in this epic RPG of single screen proportions!

Premise: A very shallow RPG which takes place on a single screen map. Instead of a score you try to get to as high of a level as you can. Once you reach level 99 you flip back to level 1 and the game starts over. You control a red block-pixel, with enemies being green block-pixels.

Gameplay: You move around the map and collide into enemies to start a battle. You only have two commands: magic and sword. Magic is where you shoot a blue, spikey ball at the enemy whereas sword has you throw a sword at your opponent after which it returns to you like a boomerang. The only enemy there is is the goblin. After you defeat a goblin you earn EXP which goes towards leveling up. Leveling up increases you attack power and hitpoints.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited January 2009
    When I was originally coming up with designs for Snake Boxer 5, I had two ideas; One is the game that actually ended up Homestar Ruiner, the second idea was this:

SnakeBoxer5.jpg
  • edited January 2009
    Although Nintendo would probubly slap Telltale in the face with a Cheep-Cheep, what about a FULL Super Kingio Bros.? The KOT going around, stompin' on Goombas, trying to save Marzipan from the... evil clutches of... Strong... Bad? Ok, that's startin' to sound creepy. Or, have a Sega throw Sonic's shoe at 'em from a Crazy Taxi style thing? (Just like the Simpson's Road Rage!) Have Strong Bad or Homestar drive around Brain-blow city / Downtown FCUSA, taking passangers to their destinations? Seems like... crazy.
  • edited January 2009
    Ben Again wrote: »
    *snip*
    Or, have a Sega throw Sonic's shoe at 'em from a Crazy Taxi style thing? (Just like the Simpson's Road Rage!) Have Strong Bad or Homestar drive around Brain-blow city / Downtown FCUSA, taking passangers to their destinations? Seems like... crazy.

Seems like... awesome.
  • edited January 2009
  • edited January 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »

bravo, better than I could do.
  • edited January 2009
    Sweet, way better than most flash games nowadays, I gave them Wicked Robots(not TM?)what for!
  • edited April 2009
    Tank Driverer.

Object: Destroy as many things as possible with out getting blown up by mutant space chickens.

Awesome idea huh?:D
  • edited April 2009
    Blood Bleeder! Head Chopper 2! Scab Wars! Blistergiest! And......Clapping party.
  • edited April 2009
    How about a game where your a giant mutated Cheat that must destroy the Olympic Games!
  • edited April 2009
    Greatest idea ever!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

XTreme Rock Paper Baccarat

The object of the game is to fend off giant monster trucks with a Zap-O-Ray and collect cards in the process. Once you have enough cards and you have defeated the wave of enemies you can show down with your opponent.
  • edited April 2009
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    When I was originally coming up with designs for Snake Boxer 5, I had two ideas; One is the game that actually ended up Homestar Ruiner, the second idea was this:

SnakeBoxer5.jpg

I love it! Show us more!
  • edited April 2009
    Title: Stinkoman 20X6 LEVEL TEN!
    Premesis: Level 10 of Stinkoman!

Any takers?
  • edited April 2009
    MarkDarin wrote: »

SnakeBoxer5.jpg

Eh, I don't like it. It looks too much like Punch-Out!!, and you already did something like that in Ice Station Santa. The pixel art is GREAT, though.
  • edited April 2009
    Eh, I don't like it. It looks too much like Punch-Out!!, and you already did something like that in Ice Station Santa. The pixel art is GREAT, though.

..and what's wrong with "Punch-Out!!"?
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited April 2009

You are absolutely right. In fact, since I had already written the code for the Boxing Betty game in Ice Station Santa, I was just gonna use that exact same code (Modified a bit of course). But in the end it felt a bit too cheap and the other version looked more like an Atari 2600 game, which is the style I wanted in the first place.
  • edited May 2009
    Here are some ideas that I have for some season 2 Videlectrix games.

1. Space West Cowboy: A western style light-gun game that takes place in outer space. It would have Robot Gun Fighters, Alien Indians, & Mutant Space Bank Robbers.

2. Terror-Man 2: Revenge at Hot-Teenagers Camp: A horror game where you play as a Monster called The Terror-Man and the object of the game is to "Terrorize" the Hot-Teenagers at a Camp. This would be a parody of the old 1980's horror movies like Friday the 13th.

3. Zit Poper: A medical game were you play as a small space ship that pops zits & black-heads.

That terror man 2 one sounds like that simpsons episode where homers the blob...
  • edited May 2009
    Pistols For Pandas: The Game
  • edited May 2009
    Cole Bad wrote: »
    Pistols For Pandas: The Game

Definitely. It might turn out to be a mini-game infested waste of money for the Wii, though.

1. Grab the five dollar bill!

2. Eat the cereal!

3. Play with the toy at the bottom of the box!

4. Cut out the box-tops!

5. Drive the a local school!

6. Charm the horn-rimmed glasses off the media centre lady! (yep, this might be the first T-rated minigame collection the Wii has seen so far)

7. Another driving minigame!

8. Banter with p4wn shop "salesman"!

9. Hack'n'slash through the forest foliage!

10. ENDBOSS: Throw pistols into some kind of basket; it must be, you know, a panda basket... because it's for the panda's... so just throw the freakin' guns! (seriously)

11. BONUS GAME: FPS-style shootout with the pandas you just provided with firearms, just because you feel like it!
  • edited September 2009
    Battle of the Imaginary Friends

The playable characters are:
    -Rubby Plop-Plop
    -Sir Zabblepants
    -Dingy Donger
    -Real Live Actual Mr. Blangcaster Next Door
    -Scotty Titi
    -Crazy Dragon Man
    -Pumpy Clumpy
    The objective is to fight all of the imaginary friends with your currently selected imaginary friend.
  • edited September 2009

-Rubby Plop-Plop
    -Sir Zabblepants
    -Dingy Donger
    -Scotty Titi
    -Crazy Dragon Man
    -Pumpy Clumpy
    The objective is to fight all of the imaginary friends with your currently selected imaginary friend.

Just so you know, it's Frishy-Freshy Dragon Man :D

I think it would be awesome if we could play some sort of a game that is actually essential to the plot. I don't have any ideas for it, but that would be interesting.
  • edited September 2009

-Rubby Plop-Plop
    -Sir Zabblepants
    -Dingy Donger
    -Scotty Titi
    -Crazy Dragon Man
    -Pumpy Clumpy

Playing as Scotty Titi would certainly be interesting... I mean he is an invisible pile of whatever the hell he is after all.
  • edited September 2009
    I think a Strong Bad minigame like the old Nintendo Game-&-Watch games would be funny
  • edited September 2009
    They should make a Strong Bad tower defense game, where you have to defend Strong Bad's house from everyone he hates, such as Marzipan, Homsar, Strong Sad, The King of Town, and Homestar would be the end boss of every level. Once you defeat Homestar, you would unlock Endless Mode for the level.

You would be able to deploy guitar cannons, spider web cannons for slowing the bad guys down, etc.

That was my idea. I thought it was pretty good.
  • edited September 2009
    I've got it!

Trogdor 2.5D: It really does exist!

Or maybe Learn Phonics With Trogdor.
  • edited September 2009
    thatdude98 wrote: »

Or maybe Learn Phonics With Trogdor.

Trogdor: Let's Burninate Phonics

Sounds original:D

I actually would like to see this, though
  • edited September 2009
    Coach Z's "The One Two"

The player will have to make Coach Z's moves fresh! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNP-poEdf8M)

This could be an 8bit simon says sort of game in which you have to use the arrow keys to mirror Coach Z's phat flow ;)
  • edited September 2009
    So, Strong Bad goes all Homsar on you?

And cool! I've always wanted to stick my tongue out at Homestar in the gut!

I do believe he meant "Lunch" or "Munch" or "Crunch" not :punch
  • edited January 2010
    Maybye the first Triple M (MMM) rated game could be made.

!!!AXE GUN The Game!!!

Use your axe and gun to kill all of the brains!
  • edited January 2010
    Videlectrix... test cartridge? For testing the FunMachine?
  • edited January 2010
    How about this:
    You control a Beetle, and you have to make your way through the maze. In the maze are thunderclouds, and you have to shoot floppy disks to get past them. Get to the end of each maze to progress to the next level.

Oh, and the dark thunderclouds can shoot stop signs.

Believe it or not, this is based on the first game i made with game maker!
  • edited January 2010
    Extreme Dinosaur Basketball 5000 Yeah!

Pretty Much What The Title Implies

and that Yeah! was also part of the title
  • edited January 2010
    The Cheat Commandos: Missle Assault
  • edited January 2010
    Stinkoman 20X6 2!
  • edited May 2010
    Title: strongbadman meets the cheat commandos!

gameplay: choose beetween strong badman or gunhaver and battle it out! gunhaver can command a squad of cheat commandos to attack strong badman. as strongbadman,punch and kick your way through the commandos to beat gunhaver. collect blue lazer soldier and stinys to regan health! who will win? (1-2 players)
  • edited May 2010
    This really could be a nice competition. Thinking of retro games i really liked Vanguard on the VCS 2600 as a child.
  • edited May 2010
    The adventure of peanut strong bad

you remember that peanut figure strong bad had? well there should be a game about it although i can't think of to much at the moment.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.