Cry Wolf Analysis

Hello, Everyone. This my general un-detailed analysis of TWAU, And of Cry Wolf extensively.

Reaction & Expectations:

• This episode is basically a crown jewel that caused TWAU to be very close from entering my "Top Videgames Ever" List. But a few loose ends and flaws caused it not to be.
  • I thought the episode is gonna have an one of a kind plot twist that no one expected. But the episode portrayed a different kind of a finale. It portrayed the finale that makes you in control of the fate of the community and its future. It's basically like how TWDG S1 set up things for TWDG S2. No need to go in a debate about how.
  • I personally think that there'll be Season 2 and I don't think that the game follows the canon of the comics. I haven't read the comics to be honest, But I've heard that The Crooked Man is alive in the comics. It proves that the game isn't following the comics' canon. But that's a point that needs a lot of discussions. I'm open to hearing anyone's opinion, Ad I'm open to changing my mind.

Cry Wolf Analysis:

• An extraordinary beginning of negotiation followed by a decent chase to show you what The Crooked Man is really made of.
  • After you confront Georgie and Fight Bloody Mary, The Scene with The Crooked Man gives you the chance to show the fables if you're really looking for justice, Or just vengeance. Which was very brilliant.
  • The Trial is a decent scene as well and I personally chose to lock the Crooked Man up, Because this is justice to me. Also, A lot of the Fables community now respects my Bigby, Such as: Aunty Greenleaf, Collins, ... Etc. While the authority despises me. It's shown in how Bluebeard looks at me and How Snow ditched me and just allowed Bluebeard to come in. While most of the blood-thirsty fables such as Gren despises me as well. "Fabletown Will Remember This."
  • And finally, The Scene with Nerissa. I personally think it was Faith. And she's the only one who gets it that Sometimes I use my anger to get things done. She appreciates and understands my work. I don't know what to think of Snow anymore. She sent Toad to the farm despite saying that he has the money, I personally won't follow her to being intolerant to people, But the finale leaves it vague for some reason. But I've started to think that nothing would satisfy her.

Anyways, Tell me what do you guys think of the episode and what were your choices.

NOTE: If you disagree with me, Express your opinion respectfully, Or don't comment at all. Otherwise, You'll be flagged.

UPDATE: Sorry about the whole Crooked Man and Comics thing. Could have sworn i saw somebody talking about him being in the comics.

Comments

• And here are my choices:

• Left Georgie to Die.
    • Gave The Crooked Man a Trial.
    • Imprisoned The Crooked Man.
    • Accepted TJ's Gift.
    • I said to Nerissa: "I Hope I've done some good".
  • games canon crooky ain't in the comics

• My choices:

• Left Georgie to Die. (I thought since he'd survived that long that maybe Swineheart could save him.)
    • Gave The Crooked Man a Trial.
    • Dumped The Crooked Man down the Well with his head still attached.
    • Accepted TJ's Gift.
    • I said to Nerissa: "I Hope I've done some good".

And here are my choices: * Left Georgie to Die. * Gave The Crooked Man a Trial. * Imprisoned The Crooked Man. * Accepted TJ's Gift. * I said to Nerissa: "I Hope I've done some good".

• Exactly the same for me.

My choices: * Left Georgie to Die. (I thought since he'd survived that long that maybe Swineheart could save him.) * Gave The Crooked

• I see. Why did you dump The Crooked Man?

My choices: * Left Georgie to Die. (I thought since he'd survived that long that maybe Swineheart could save him.) * Gave The Crooked

• I'm not sure i get what you're trying to say. Please explain more.

zeke10 posted: »

games canon crooky ain't in the comics

• Crooky never appears and cranes story is wrapped up.Also crane mentions the events of TWAU(IE:embezzling funds)

I'm not sure i get what you're trying to say. Please explain more.

• I see. Must have read it wrong. Could have sworn I saw someone talking about The Crooked Man showing up in the comics.

Crooky never appears and cranes story is wrapped up.Also crane mentions the events of TWAU(IE:embezzling funds)

• I felt that years of taking advantage of people, having murders and attempted murders carried out, and slave driving were crimes worthy of the punishment. Any "good" he did for the community is vastly overshadowed by the bad, and so I saw no reason to keep him around wasting away in jail for eternity, or worse, getting out somehow and starting his crime syndicate over.

I see. Why did you dump The Crooked Man?

• Well, I'm 100% against death plenaty, And as you said, He looked up after the community when the government didn't care, "And still doesn't care". He has barbarian ways, But I respect him for his purpose. But I guess to each their own.

I felt that years of taking advantage of people, having murders and attempted murders carried out, and slave driving were crimes worthy of t

• that person had to be lying

I see. Must have read it wrong. Could have sworn I saw someone talking about The Crooked Man showing up in the comics.

• SAME FREAKING THING OMG :O

And here are my choices: * Left Georgie to Die. * Gave The Crooked Man a Trial. * Imprisoned The Crooked Man. * Accepted TJ's Gift. * I said to Nerissa: "I Hope I've done some good".

• I spared the Crooked asshole's life, instead. It wasn't for him. I thought about Bigby first.
    He always had that image... The violent and cruel, reckless wolf.

HEY I HAD TO CHANGE THINGS! Sue me :d

Well, I'm 100% against death plenaty, And as you said, He looked up after the community when the government didn't care, "And still doesn't care". He has barbarian ways, But I respect him for his purpose. But I guess to each their own.

• You, Sir! Yes, You! I like you. :D

SAME FREAKING THING OMG :O

• I think him looking out for them really only came down to being a nice excuse for extorting them for his own profit. Anyways, for severe offenders like The Crooked Man I'm pro death penalty. We knew without a doubt he was behind all of these crimes so rather than use Fabletown resources keeping him basically alive in stasis (that was the impression I got from Greenleaf's magic prison idea), or just using resources to keep him alive regularly, I opted to just finish him off.

Well, I'm 100% against death plenaty, And as you said, He looked up after the community when the government didn't care, "And still doesn't care". He has barbarian ways, But I respect him for his purpose. But I guess to each their own.

• You may be thinking of Crane. He makes a brief appearance in the comics, which Episode 4 alludes to in the scene with Crane and Bloody Mary.

I don't read the comics so I may be off, but I recall several of the characters in this game - including the Crooked Man - are original characters created by Telltale.

I see. Must have read it wrong. Could have sworn I saw someone talking about The Crooked Man showing up in the comics.

• Well, I disagree. Vengeance and death penalties aren't really like him. And killing him off as basically a vengeance. And as "Lady_Whatever" pointed out, I'm no longer the big bad wolf.

I think him looking out for them really only came down to being a nice excuse for extorting them for his own profit. Anyways, for severe off

• edited July 2014

Hey, everyone does as they thinks is good :)

I think him looking out for them really only came down to being a nice excuse for extorting them for his own profit. Anyways, for severe off

• I see. thanks for clearing that up. However, I'm still rooting for Season 2. :)

• Can I ask you a question? (yes, I am aware that this IS a question, already)
    If you're blind... Then why are you a sniper?

LOL

• The Two theories thing is making me a bit disconcerted.

• bigby kills alot in the comics

Well, I disagree. Vengeance and death penalties aren't really like him. And killing him off as basically a vengeance. And as "Lady_Whatever" pointed out, I'm no longer the big bad wolf.

• Well I didn't kill him as vengeance for his actions against Bigby. I killed him because I thought it brought justice to the whole of Fabletown. Tearing his head off and dumping him down the Well makes Bigby look like the same old Big Bad Wolf, but just carrying out the death sentence without that unnecessary bit I didn't find rash or bad, rather I found it just.

Well, I disagree. Vengeance and death penalties aren't really like him. And killing him off as basically a vengeance. And as "Lady_Whatever" pointed out, I'm no longer the big bad wolf.

• That's all we can hope for really.

Hey, everyone does as they thinks is good

• That's why the comics need to get separated from the game.

bigby kills alot in the comics

• Yes, I agree.

I could possibly stand by that if Telltale were making more seasons, but as of right now I think it lined up pretty well irregardless of our choices.

• thats a dumb reason no offense

That's why the comics need to get separated from the game.

• I could possibly stand by that if Telltale were making more seasons, but as of right now I think it lined up pretty well irregardless of our choices.

That's why the comics need to get separated from the game.

• Yes, I agree.

I could possibly stand by that if Telltale were making more seasons, but as of right now I think it lined up pretty well irregardless of our choices.

• What's dumb about wanting your choices to be respected? To want your character to be entirely yours without any canon interference?

thats a dumb reason no offense

• Well, I'm just the Big Cool Wolf now.

And Snow likes him which is great cause I've been shipping them since episode 1.

• Didn't Snow let Bluebeard in and said that she was busy when you tried to talk to her?

Well, I'm just the Big Cool Wolf now. And Snow likes him which is great cause I've been shipping them since episode 1.

• I am a girl, hence the "Lady" thing, lol

Hahah you're welcome ! Just how I see it

You, Sir! Yes, You! I like you.

• Well I think the problem with that want lies within the fact that the game is based on the canon of the comics. I don't think Bill Willingham would be to interested in having his creation/universe taken out of the canon he's created.

What's dumb about wanting your choices to be respected? To want your character to be entirely yours without any canon interference?

• Well, I asked her if she was ok. And, yeah, didn't you see all those people? Anyway, that's not the point.

She clearly cares. She kinda freaked out when I (yeah, I am a big furry wolf now) almost died or whatever. She was worried when I got Crooky back and.. She likes my abs. Just saying.

Didn't Snow let Bluebeard in and said that she was busy when you tried to talk to her?

• It's more like to become a fables spin-off, Not a Prequel. It's been done before with Fables.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fables_(comics)#Video_game

Notice the blue tea thing? But I guess it won't happen because it also says that the game is a canon alongside with the comics.

Well I think the problem with that want lies within the fact that the game is based on the canon of the comics. I don't think Bill Willingham would be to interested in having his creation/universe taken out of the canon he's created.

• Your big furry wolf abs.

Well, I asked her if she was ok. And, yeah, didn't you see all those people? Anyway, that's not the point. She clearly cares. She kinda f

• She says that no matter what. She had business with Bluebeard, that's why she let him in.

Didn't Snow let Bluebeard in and said that she was busy when you tried to talk to her?

• She still digs it.

Your big furry wolf abs.

• I don't know what to think of Snow anymore.

The episode ended the Snow relationship in a vague way.

Belan posted: »

She says that no matter what. She had business with Bluebeard, that's why she let him in.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.