Ending Theories

2»

Comments

• True! I added it to the list. Thanks!

Redhood posted: »

Another hint could be that Swineheart found something odd with Faith's head and that he wanted to run more test because of it.

• No problem but there might be even more out there, i'll play the game once more from the beginning to see if there are some more clues.

Pride posted: »

True! I added it to the list. Thanks!

• edited July 2014

I think Faith was killed before the game started. Nerissa used a glamour to become Faith and then went to the Woodmans place and get Bigby's attention. She then placed Faith's real head at Bigby's place to get him to investigate the murder and take down the crookedman. She says at the end that people forget about them and she thought nobody would care if one of them got killed. One thing i am confused about is Lilly, Her sister says she has been missing for weeks, That can't be right. Also did Nerissa also place her head at Bigby's place, She never said anything about that.

• edited July 2014

Faith Getting Killed before the game doesn't make that much sense. Think about it, the head that was placed on Bigby's apt. was all bruised the same way she was when we meet her in the woodsman's place. Why would the head had bruises if she wasn't around when the woodsman beat "Nerissa"? Georgie never mentioned any beating when he confessed the crime.

RobSolo posted: »

I think Faith was killed before the game started. Nerissa used a glamour to become Faith and then went to the Woodmans place and get Bigby's

• If that's the case then Faith must of died. Nerissa spoke like Faith but also used the hand gestures Bloody Mary used. Who knows maybe she is not as good as she seems.

Faith Getting Killed before the game doesn't make that much sense. Think about it, the head that was placed on Bigby's apt. was all bruised

• edited July 2014

Don't forget about how Bigby couldn't see Faith's body in the magic mirror. Why would the ribbon still be in effect on a corpse? I think the reason we couldn't see Faith then was because she was still alive, and if we had known about Nerissa then and asked the mirror, we probably would have seen her body glamoured as Faith (which disconfirms the belief that Faith was dead).

Also, where would Nerissa get the donkeyskin coat? How would Nerissa keep her "secret" from Lawrence for so long? And why would Nerissa answer the note left by Lily and show up at the Woodsman's? Surely Faith and Nerissa had been glamoured as each other occasionally without anyone else (except maybe Lily) noticing, and unfortunately Georgie mistakenly killed Nerissa, believing it was Faith, forcing Faith to assume her new identity. Since she's marked as 'deceased' in the books, all the better for her ability to move on.

Pride posted: »

Telltale was leaving all the hints for us to put the points together and deduce that Nerissa is Faith. When Bigby wonders if they've met

• Because of the bruises Faith must be dead or whoever looked like faith at woody's place but whoever that was she was also the only person who knew what She said to Bigby because She whispered it so she must also be the person at the end but that means that she must have survived so we must be missing something i think the clue is to solving what bigby was trying to solve in the end.

If that's the case then Faith must of died. Nerissa spoke like Faith but also used the hand gestures Bloody Mary used. Who knows maybe she is not as good as she seems.

• But why Faith's head had beatings if she was already dead, and Nerissa was at Woodsman's place ?

I think I'm wrong about this (because honestly, I forgot the timeline of the first two episodes), but: Lily wanted Faith to cover her shi

• To be honest, I am extremely confused about all the ending theories. I loved the game (and ending) but reading through this thread kind of got me angry they didn't tell us. I think that Faith was Nerissa in the beginning. Nerissa explains how she watched Georgie kill Lilly maybe she found Faiths body and than created this plan to make Bigby help. I think that it was actually Faith's head at his doorstep. But my head hurts so I am probably wrong.

• there would be a very easy way to find out by just asking the magic mirror but that is the draw back of leading an investigation without being able to explore the world beyond what we have and we have very little facts to work with we can only hope that telltale left some clues that will help us get a solid answer after all it is a pretty big game. there are only 2 reasons why telltale would leave a mystery like that either they want us to figure it out ourselves which means they must have left enough clues or they are planning to make a sequel.

To be honest, I am extremely confused about all the ending theories. I loved the game (and ending) but reading through this thread kind of g

• I really hope its a sequel, but that could take for ages. Unfortunately, I don't think we will get a sequel. The ending of Season 1 had a lot of closure. Even the entire part with Nerissa/Faith had a feeling of closure. There really isn't anything else left to do or solve.

there would be a very easy way to find out by just asking the magic mirror but that is the draw back of leading an investigation without bei

• maybe some people did get closure from that ending but i definitely didn't and i won't until I know for sure who was alive at the end and how it happened.

I really hope its a sequel, but that could take for ages. Unfortunately, I don't think we will get a sequel. The ending of Season 1 had a lo

• We did get a lot of closure in a lot of things, but definitely not a complete one. Theres a lot of loose ends left, what will happen to the underworld of Fabletown? Who will take care of it? What happened to Crane? And even if TTG left those things unanswered, they had a really rich lore where they can get characters and new storylines for future seasons.

I really hope its a sequel, but that could take for ages. Unfortunately, I don't think we will get a sequel. The ending of Season 1 had a lo

• If you try to remove Nerissa's ribbon during the epilogue, she pulls away, claiming it to be something she needs time to do herself.

While this makes sense - the ribbon represents her own memory and guilt about what happened to her friends - maybe there's also the chance that the ribbon is the item Faith is using for the glamour?

Nerissa really being Faith is the more satisfying conclusion from a storytelling POV, particularly as it shares such strong parallels with the original tale.

• Damn. I wonder how many little things like that we're still missing o_O

It was Nerissa all along. Faith was already dead when the game started.

• edited July 2014

If everyone is going to agree it was Nerissa all along and Faith was dead before the game started, then by that logic, it makes just as much sense for it to be Faith the entire time and Nerissa be dead before the game started. It doesn't make any sense as to why Nerissa would glamour as Faith to go to Woody's apartment. Lily was the one who normally went to Woody's, but because she was doing the Snow White thing for Crane (or who she thought was going to be Crane) and eventually to be murdered by Georgie, she had Faith cover for her and go to Woody's place according to the note that was found lying on the ground next to Faith's cubbyhole.

We can rule out that perhaps the Woodsman knew that it was Faith that was coming to his place and Nerissa was told to glamour herself so that Woody wouldn't know something was going on, because he was beating on "Faith" and because he was expecting Lily instead of "Faith". The easiest way to explain it would be: The Faith at the beginning of the game was the real Faith. When Faith and Bigby met, she thought that she could maybe find a way to pull him into the whole ordeal and sort it out. Faith then goes back to the Pudding n' Pie (we know this because if you give her your money it winds up in Georgie's safe) and is murdered right then and there because Nerissa coughed up everything to Georgie, and Georgie was given instructions to kill Lily and Faith. So, Nerissa takes Faith's head and plants it for Bigby to find and so on.

BUT! What was the big "realization" at the end then? Plus, that explanation is no fun. There has to be something that explains why Faith would glamour herself as Nerissa, and how Georgie wouldn't know or care as to who he killed. If what "Nerissa" says at the end of the game is true, about how as soon as "Faith" walked into the room Georgie killed her, then absolutely Georgie would have known who he killed because he was looking her right in the face.

I'm not sure, obviously, but I THINK it's got something to do with us assuming that Lily was killed at the Open Arms. If you think about it, the photo of Crane and Lily was the one stolen by Faith, and we never actually see a photo or evidence that the Open Arms was where Lily was killed. Sure, she was glamoured as Snow White, but is it wise to assume so? Perhaps the flower in her hand that Bigby finds during the autopsy was planted to make us think that's where she was killed.

If that's not where Lily died, and somebody else died there, it may have given one of the two girls a reason to glamour as the other, and Georgie wouldn't have known who's ribbon he pulled. Also on a side note, Faith's little chest that was found in her cubbyhole was busted open. If it were Faith that were opening it so she could get her ring and place it in Nerissa's mouth, wouldn't she have a key? Bigby mentions that "there isn't even a lock." after observing the chest, so why would it be busted open? I don't know though, so many small details. It makes my head hurt, maybe one of you guys can use this info and make an explanation.

Edit: I do believe I fixed the red text problem, it should be clearly legible now.

• edited July 2014

2 things are for certain 1 the person at the start had to be the real faith and 2 the person at the start and the person at the end have to be the same person since only that person knows what she said to you at the beginning. now i will tell you why the person at the start had to be the real faith. pay attention because this may get a little confusing. if for example the person at the start was someone glamoured as faith their head would have to be at the doorstep of the woodlands because you can't make a glamour of a glamour so that means that person would have to have died but that person is the only person who knows what they said to you at the start so they can't have died this means that only the real faith could be there. then the head would have been a glamour of her and she would still be alive and since she is the only person who knows what she said to you it must be her at the end as well. if you think there is a hole in this theory please point it out.

• edited July 2014

See I thought the same thing. I thought that it was really Faith pretending to Narissa instead of Narissa pretending to be Faith. I thought it was really Faith based on her story. They never did find Faith's body, maybe it was a glamor? There are some holes in my theory though such as why would Faith continue to pretend to be Narissa and not come clean to Lawerence after everything was said and done. Or what about when Narissa said she tried to warn Lily that Georgie was coming for her. I played with someone watching and we came to another theory. What if the crooked man only asked for Lily and Faith to be killed, but Georgie did do something nice. Then again why wouldnt Georgie have said anything? What if Viven was involved in a swap for the girls? What if Narissa was dead from the beginning? Viven was all of their friend. I've read a few of the comics and I still have no idea what happened. Then again the comics were written first and then the game came out......... I can't wait to find out.

I read a theory that says that the one we never meet is Nerissa and not Faith. Faith used a donkeyskin coat to hide her beauty in the past s

• What if Faith left Lawerence behind because she wanted to start a new life? I played two times through, once when he died and once when he lived. I have to say what I learned from both playthrough is the fact that she left him that note because she wanted to spare him of the life she was living. How do we not know that faith was behind more than what we know? We found out that Viven had a hand in more than what we thought. Faith had no problem in lying to get rid of crook man and she started this whole thing if she is in fact Narissa in disguise. Whats to say that she has a bigger role and she wanted the crooked man out of the way?

I think the Faith-was-actually-Nerissa theory is as plausible as the other way around, mostly because of the hints given during Bigby's real

• I don't think they mean Lily was missing as in no one could find her, I think they meant she was missing as in no one had seen her. If you take in the Woodsman you will see that he knew where she was the whole time. I think her sister and gren hadnt seen her and couldnt find her. Dont forget she also was on drugs as well. She may have just been hiding from people and doing as she pleased. Holly did say they werent that close anymore. I think the reason we dont know much about Lily is because Bigby never interacted with her while she was alone only after she died. I can agree with you about the whole Lily's head thing. She never did mention that.

I think Faith was killed before the game started. Nerissa used a glamour to become Faith and then went to the Woodmans place and get Bigby's

• I want to know where Faith and Lily were actually killed. What was the deal with the bloody knife and stains on the bed and carpet in Faith's apt., and what in the hell happened to Faith's body.

If everyone is going to agree it was Nerissa all along and Faith was dead before the game started, then by that logic, it makes just as much

Sign in to comment in this discussion.