season 2 idea

ok, heres my idea, instead of playing as strong bad in season 2 i think we should play as homestar :D

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Yes. Because a point and click ame about a moronic no-armed whitey would be good. Strong Bad is the only person with any SENSE on the show... Thats funny.
  • edited January 2009
    If that happened then it wouldn't be Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People. Instead it would be an entirely new series instead of season 2 of Strong Bad's series.
  • edited January 2009
    How about playing as The CHEAT, because I love The CHEAT!
  • edited January 2009
    Yes. Because a point and click ame about a moronic no-armed whitey would be good. Strong Bad is the only person with any SENSE on the show... Thats funny.

...:(
  • edited January 2009
    Awesome5 wrote: »
    If that happened then it wouldn't be Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People. Instead it would be an entirely new series instead of season 2 of Strong Bad's series.

you could be able to play as both
  • edited January 2009
    vyperspit wrote: »
    How about playing as The CHEAT, because I love The CHEAT!

uh sure
  • edited January 2009
    Now I know there's some stress going on, but how bout this, Homsar and Strong Mad duo together in a random no understandable adventure that will make no sense at all!!!!!
  • edited January 2009
    splash1 wrote: »
    Now I know there's some stress going on, but how bout this, Homsar and Strong Mad duo together in a random no understandable adventure that will make no sense at all!!!!!

EPIC WIN. i would buy that. i would buy that nine times!

lol pbtc reference ;)
  • DKWDKW
    edited January 2009
    Woot, longtime player, first time poster!

The problem is what being a protagonist for this kind of game requires. He has to be highly active, always taking the initiative and being one step ahead, he needs to be a natural troublemaker (y'know, so stuff like framing Pom Pom as a drug cheat doesn't look out of place), and he needs to be fairly savvy, not an idiot, but not too bright, either. And of course he needs to have lots of funny lines. The only one other than Strong Bad I could conceivably see in such a role is Bubs, and he'd need some pretty strong incentive to continually put his neck on the line instead of manipulating in the shadows like he usually does.

The most Homestar Runner would be able to carry is a quick scene or level, a la level 5 of Stinkoman 20X6.

It's okay; I'm sure you're not the first person to come up with this idea. Thing is, some ideas don't actually work in-game. I'm sure someone else here could tell you about it. :)
  • edited January 2009
    DKW wrote: »
    The most Homestar Runner would be able to carry is a quick scene or level, a la level 5 of Stinkoman 20X6.

Reluctantly agreed. As much as I love Homestar (the character, not just the website :p), I'm having a really hard time seeing him as the playable character, or at least one that can hold up through a season's worth of episodes. Also, Strong Bad is just the most relatable of the whole gang—another reason why he works so well in the role, I think, along with the other things you mentioned.

That said, I'm more than willing to be proven wrong on this count. As I said, I love Homestar, and enjoy seeing improbable things made not only workable but awesome. Who knows?
  • edited January 2009
    splash1 wrote: »

and the drive-thru-whale could be another main character in it!
  • edited January 2009
    Mouldcube wrote: »
    and the drive-thru-whale could be another main character in it!

Yeah yeah, And naturally, Ready-For-Primetime would HAVE to have a 3 hour long unskippable dance segment! /LiesOff
  • edited January 2009
    I would loovre to play as the Drive-Thru-Whale, because the possibilities would be endless: giving convoluted hints to Strong Bad, making people eat fast food, annoying people at BoTB, messing people up at sweetie sweetie puts, and just generally making people look at you funny.
  • edited January 2009
    I respectfully disagree about Homestar's unplayability as a major character. It's true that he often doesn't think things through: But HE doesn't need to. The PLAYER does. Think about how Homestar wrote Cool Tapes on the wall. Did he know it would lead to Marzipan creating a band? Homestar Runner Presents: Presents is another good example. He completely had no idea what he was doing and got Marzipan a great gift.
  • edited January 2009
    All his comments would be something stupid, I have a feeling it would get old pretty quickly. Strong Bad on the other hand is...... well clever is not the word. Devious, he's not really smart but he would be able to use what he has, a necessity for a point and click adventure.
  • edited January 2009
    Well the way the characters interact with their surrounding would obviously have to be modified somewhat to fit the video game format, even in a game starring Strong Bad, so the question really is if he can make a good video game without being killed and replaced with a zombie.
  • edited January 2009
    Good idea is a Sweet Cuppin' Cakes theme segiment
  • edited January 2009
    It would be okay if you play as the other characters in some scenes . For example SB accidentally leaves his favorite game at homestar's house but before going their you are introduced to an in game cut scene in which homestar is playing clapping party deluxe(playable during cut scene)after you stop playing it homestar says he needs to eat chocolate pudding. You then do a recipe mini game after completing it The Unguraits break through the window and battle scene music plays you can then either defeat The Unguraits if you do then you would get a mini game and return SB his game back if not then an extra side quest will happen in which you have to save homestar.
  • edited February 2009
    Maybye the season could be based on sbemail 144 with Factor Z, Lugnut & Squeak and all the rest.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.