SBCG4AP/Club Nintendo question

Sorry if this is the wrong board for this, but I figured around here would be a good place to ask.

(If you don't feel like reading the next paragraph, I've posted a quick question right after it)

Has anybody here with a Club Nintendo account been able to take surveys or anything for the 3 eligible SB episodes? I had linked my Wii Shop Channel and Nintendo account a while ago, so it knows that I bought them, but I can't seem to get coins for them. They show up under "Earn Coins", but all I see is a big picture of a coin with "0 coins" and "Product Registration" under it below a "To-Do List" heading. I don't see any kind of link for a survey or anything, though. I haven't registered anything else yet, so I don't know exactly how the process is supposed to work, but from what I've read, I don't know why I can't do anything. The FAQ says it may take 4-6 weeks for the "Post-Play" survey to appear, but I downloaded 3&4 around when 4 came out, so I should at least see them. The only thing I can think is that the surveys will appear 4-6 weeks from when Club Nintendo launched/relaunched, which probably hasn't passed yet.

Long story short: Has anybody else been able to take a survey for the 3 eligible SBCG4AP games, or is it something that nobody can do just yet?

Also, for the Telltale employees, any idea why only 3 of the 5 episodes are eligible? It seems a little random, and it kind of stinks that we lose out on those 20 coins.

Comments

• edited January 2009
    The VC and Wiiware games that are eligible seem to be based on a very specific cutoff date, which happens to be between two of the Strong Bad episodes.

Also, I think you're probably right that the survey will show up 4 to 6 weeks after the club officially opened, since that's probably when the internal system "registered" the game for you.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    I know nothing about Club Nintendo, sorry. :o LuigiHann's probably right about the cutoff date, but I can ask our contacts at Nintendo if there's any chance of getting the other two games included in the surveys (which two are missing?)

What do these coins get you?
  • edited January 2009
    Emily, check out http://club.nintendo.com/ There's some nifty stuff there.

You can read the list of eligible games here. The first two Strong Bad episodes are the ones missing, because they were released before whatever date was chosen. Really can't complain about free stuff, but it is a bit unfortunate that older VC and Wiiware games don't count, since it's not like they're out of print or anything.
  • edited January 2009
    I havent been able to get Club Nintendo to work since I signed up. it always logs me out whenever I try to register something.
  • edited January 2009
    Someone should ask Strong Bad "You owe me 30 coins! Where are they?!" I know it wouldn't accomplish much, but maybe it might be good for humorous extent.
  • edited January 2009
    Club Nintendo USA is very buggy and ther is many problems so you'r not alone.
  • edited January 2009
    Thanks, hopefully within the next couple of weeks it will start working. Have any of you registered any other WiiWare/VC games? The SB ones are the only ones I have, so I don't know if the problem is just with them or if all WW/VC games are down for the 4-6 week period. I guess there's not much to do but wait and see, though.
    HomsarGuy wrote: »
    Club Nintendo USA is very buggy and ther is many problems so you'r not alone.
    Well, they took it down for a few days for maintenance and brought it back up, and it didn't seem like people had many problems after that. I was registering some other games earlier and it worked fine, too.
    edited January 2009
    I couldn't figure out how to register WiiWare games...?
  • edited January 2009
    Thanks, hopefully within the next couple of weeks it will start working. Have any of you registered any other WiiWare/VC games? The SB ones are the only ones I have, so I don't know if the problem is just with them or if all WW/VC games are down for the 4-6 week period. I guess there's not much to do but wait and see, though.

Well, they took it down for a few days for maintenance and brought it back up, and it didn't seem like people had many problems after that. I was registering some other games earlier and it worked fine, too.
    Well I can't even log in!
  • edited January 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    I couldn't figure out how to register WiiWare games...?
    You have to link your Wii to your Club Nintendo account since those games don't have registration numbers. The process is explained here:
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/channelsShop.jsp#myNin

Once you link them together, it automatically knows what WiiWare/VC games/Wii Channels you have downloaded.
    Well I can't even log in!
    Hmm, I'm not sure why. Have you tried it in the past week? They only brought it back up about a week ago. Hopefully you can get it to work.
  • edited January 2009
    You have to link your Wii to your Club Nintendo account since those games don't have registration numbers. The process is explained here:
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/channelsShop.jsp#myNin

Once you link them together, it automatically knows what WiiWare/VC games/Wii Channels you have downloaded.

Hmm, I'm not sure why. Have you tried it in the past week? They only brought it back up about a week ago. Hopefully you can get it to work.
    I tried it every day and it still isn't working for me today.Do you have a CN account?
  • edited January 2009
    When I first registered my games, it would only let me take a post-play survey for Baddest of the Bands, and just yesterday it finally let me take one for Dangeresque 3...

I dont' know why it's acting this way (and I know for double-sure that I downloaded each SBCG4AP game the day they came out, so it's not like I'm inelligible for the survey or anything). Maybe it's just Nintendo still working the kinks out (personally I'd prefer it if they fix the Wii's glaringly obvious storage problem first but that's just me).

EDIT: Yeah, the FAQ on the Club Nintendo site explained all. I guess we had to wait 4 to 6 weeks after Dangeresque 3's release to be able to take its post-play servey, and the same will go for 8-Bit is Enough. So it's 4-6 weeks after the Wiiware games' release, not 4-6 weeks after Club Nintendo USA went active I guess. And the site sure is misleading, claiming that WiiWare games could be registered for 10 coins but then later saying that product registration surveys are unavailable for them.
    edited January 2009
    I can't get my account to link to my Wii - it gives me an error message that says to check my username and password (which I did) and try again.

Maybe it's because someone else's account was linked to the Wii before this? It's a communal Wii from our office and I unlinked that account so I could link up the account I created. (Just want to see how it all works!)

Oh well. :(
  • edited January 2009
    Yeah, Nintendo can be pretty bad about listening to what their fans want. *coughmother3cough*
  • edited January 2009
    Yeah, Nintendo can be pretty bad about listening to what their fans want. *coughmother3cough*
    *coughmegaman1and2onvirtualconsolecough*
  • edited January 2009
    When I first registered my games, it would only let me take a post-play survey for Baddest of the Bands, and just yesterday it finally let me take one for Dangeresque 3...

I dont' know why it's acting this way (and I know for double-sure that I downloaded each SBCG4AP game the day they came out, so it's not like I'm inelligible for the survey or anything). Maybe it's just Nintendo still working the kinks out (personally I'd prefer it if they fix the Wii's glaringly obvious storage problem first but that's just me).

EDIT: Yeah, the FAQ on the Club Nintendo site explained all. I guess we had to wait 4 to 6 weeks after Dangeresque 3's release to be able to take its post-play servey, and the same will go for 8-Bit is Enough. So it's 4-6 weeks after the Wiiware games' release, not 4-6 weeks after Club Nintendo USA went active I guess. And the site sure is misleading, claiming that WiiWare games could be registered for 10 coins but then later saying that product registration surveys are unavailable for them.
    So you were able to take a survey for at least one of them, though. I still can't for any of the 3. I guess there's some kind of issue with my account then, rather than the games themselves. Maybe I'll try unlinking and relinking my account if it doesn't show up in the next few days.

HomsarGuy: Hmm, I don't know why it's doing that. I'm assuming you are sure your password and stuff are correct? Was there anything on that account yet, or could you just make a new one and see if that works?
  • edited January 2009
    So you were able to take a survey for at least one of them, though. I still can't for any of the 3. I guess there's some kind of issue with my account then, rather than the games themselves. Maybe I'll try unlinking and relinking my account if it doesn't show up in the next few days.

HomsarGuy: Hmm, I don't know why it's doing that. I'm assuming you are sure your password and stuff are correct? Was there anything on that account yet, or could you just make a new one and see if that works?

It's saying stuff about traffic when I log in.
  • edited January 2009
    It's saying stuff about traffic when I log in.
    Ah, it did that to me like 7 times. Don't worry, just try a little later. It only lasted a few hours for me.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.