SRP hidden in trailer!?! Episodes might retail for $6.95!

edited July 2006 in Sam & Max
I could be completely off here but i think i've spied the price of the S&M episodes. Notice when Sam and max are driving through 'the murky stuff of the human psyche, the cars' number/registration plate says "SRP695". Could this mean that the episodes will be released at a suggested retail price of $6.95? if so, maybe the episodes WILL only be about 2 hours long. I seriously hope not, I've played demos that are longer than that. This episodic nonesence just sounds like a way to make more money out of a single title and release it quicker to increase cashflow rather than improve the gaming experience. Athough having said that, i really hope i'm wrong.

Comments

• edited May 2006
    Good spotting!

You are worried episodic adventures are for increasing cashflow rather than improving the gaming experience.

What's wrong with both? We have a pretty new company here that needs cashflow to operate, and as seen with Bone, customer feedback can be promptly used to improve the subsequent episodes.

The episodic model isn't for everybody, I understand, but then you've waited 13 years for a new Sam & Max game, so if you wait just a little longer than most other people you can get the whole season at once, which will be much more akin to a traditional full length game.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2006
    SRP 695 is taken from the license plate on the cover of Surfin the Highway. I believe it's Steve's signature for that piece of art (SRP are his initials and 6/95 the date that he drew the cover).
  • edited May 2006
    Emily's right. And yet... it could also be a conspiracy dating back 16 years ago! Steve knew this day would come. The prophecies are being fulfilled! ;)
  • edited May 2006
    I could be completely off here but i think i've spied the price of the S&M episodes. Notice when Sam and max are driving through 'the murky stuff of the human psyche, the cars' number/registration plate says "SRP695". Could this mean that the episodes will be released at a suggested retail price of $6.95? if so, maybe the episodes WILL only be about 2 hours long. I seriously hope not, I've played demos that are longer than that. This episodic nonesence just sounds like a way to make more money out of a single title and release it quicker to increase cashflow rather than improve the gaming experience. Athough having said that, i really hope i'm wrong.

wow, you've played demos longer than 2 hours, how. The most I ever got with a demo was 10 minutes, and then there was the, litterly, 10 second long House of the Dead 3 game, that was horrible. However nice spotting that. While I was watching the trailer those numbers boggled me, I kept trying to think what they stood for,hmm. :-/
  • edited July 2006
    SRP 695 is taken from the license plate on the cover of Surfin the Highway. I believe it's Steve's signature for that piece of art (SRP are his initials and 6/95 the date that he drew the cover).

A plausable theory.

But how do you explain THIS!

licenceplates.jpg

:O
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2006
    I noticed that yesterday and wondered what KLW822 might stand for...

Only Steve knows for sure! :))
  • edited July 2006
    May we speculate wildly?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2006
    May we speculate wildly?

You may.
  • edited July 2006
    May we speculate wildly?

You may.
    Kiwi Lip Wax, only $8.22 a barrel.

Coming soon to Telltale Now!
  • edited July 2006
    KLW 822

obvioulsy means

Komik la Web, August 22nd

ie. The long overdue next installment of the Sam & Max web comic will be online on August 22.

Yay.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.