Ttg ps3 home.

edited January 2009 in Sam & Max
With the EA sports complex announced in Home maybe telltale should do something like that. Who wouldn't want to visit Strong Bad or Sam and Max. Or do some missions in telltale office.

Comments

• edited January 2009
    no no no and no. from what i have heard PS3 home doesn't appeal to me, i have heard from friends that its full of perverts. plus it would be a large amount of resources put into the effort which isn't worth it.

and the big point

EA Big Publisher; Telltale small publisher
  • edited January 2009
    All I am saying is to import area like Sam&Max's office and the The House of the brothers strong and charge us for extra side quests and areas just in case their isn't a new strongbad season or sam&max season 3 might be the last season.
  • edited January 2009
    No. Just no.
  • edited January 2009
    Wouldn't it be great to visit Strong Badia in Playstation Home.Maybe the far off lands.
  • edited January 2009
    Only one word for this...No!
  • edited January 2009
    Why not?
  • edited January 2009
    patters wrote: »
    no no no and no. from what i have heard PS3 home doesn't appeal to me, i have heard from friends that its full of perverts. plus it would be a large amount of resources put into the effort which isn't worth it.

and the big point

EA Big Publisher; Telltale small publisher

They don't have to put much effort into it just bubs concession stand would be enough where you buy in game stuff by using real money.
  • edited January 2009
    Ok, I must be the only other person to think this would be a good idea. For one thing, not everyone in Playstation Home is a perv, that is a gross generalization. I have been a member of it since beta and would like to see more companies get involved in making more areas.
  • edited January 2009
    Obvious reason that isn't stated: Telltale doesn't have any games on PS3.
  • edited January 2009
    Sure Home is full of pervs. But then again what social network isn't these days? Besides, while it is moderated (lightly), you always have the option of blocking them away.

With that aside I would love to see a Telltale section in Home, it needs more reasons to sign in regularly. With the creativity of the Telltale team it would be a thrilling place to visit time after time, and would be neat to see trailers for upcoming games on the walls. On the other hand it would be overcrowded and any activity would require people to stand in line/butt into the line. Plus Telltale has never (to my knowledge) released anything on the PS3 so it may be a little out of place.

Speaking of which, is this thread in the right place?
  • edited January 2009
    it doesn't have to be on PS3! And, in my opinion, it doesn't need to be online! Open your mind people!

What if you could create an avatar, and just explore the worlds from bone, homestarrunner and sam and max? Maybe a Wii version could let you use Miis!!!

I realize this will never happen, but a man can dream!
  • edited January 2009
    natlinxz wrote: »
    it doesn't have to be on PS3! And, in my opinion, it doesn't need to be online! Open your mind people!

What if you could create an avatar, and just explore the worlds from bone, homestarrunner and sam and max? Maybe a Wii version could let you use Miis!!!

I realize this will never happen, but a man can dream!

That, my friend, is the stuff Indy websites are made of!

seriously, though, I love the idea of being able to walk around and look at the 'sets' for S+M (and other games) even if there is no real plot to them (yeah, I'd love to see it as an online game, but then your heading into MMO territory where things get murky really fast) but even just a 3D environment to look around at everything would be awesome!
  • edited January 2009
    Why don't you just play the games? Why would they re-release the games without being able to do anything except look at Sam and Max places? Or bone, or strong bad. Just PLAY the games. Much more fun.
  • edited January 2009
    The photo booth could become a shop in PS3 home where you would buy clothes for your avatar using real world money.
  • edited January 2009
    Why don't you just play the games? Why would they re-release the games without being able to do anything except look at Sam and Max places? Or bone, or strong bad. Just PLAY the games. Much more fun.

You could also do missions in playstation home for which you would have to pay money.
  • edited January 2009
    I love paying money! That's a big selling point for me
  • edited January 2009
    There's already too much crap to spend money on in Home.
  • edited January 2009
    Things that can be done in PS3 home with SB

You can go visit Strong Badia and buy stuff from bubs or the photo booth. Buy Vildrectix games. All the alternative universes could easily be visited challenge StinkoMan, Burniate peasants, kick the cheat and many more. Order food from blub O's in a very long line,co-op missions,Do courses in crazy go nuts university and even special missions that only one lucky person will only be able to do. Race in the field, do fishing in the pond and read Strong Sad's diary.
  • edited January 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I love paying money! That's a big selling point for me

(>o_O)> Sarcasm?
  • edited January 2009
    But they couldn't make all that in Home! One room, tops. What you're talking about is a fully-fledged game. What you really want is Telltale to make a crossover title of all their games on PS3.
  • edited January 2009
    But they couldn't make all that in Home! One room, tops.

Negative, they can do as many as they want.
    What you really want is Telltale to make a crossover title of all their games on PS3.

How is that a bad thing? Besides it would introduce the Telltale world to a new audience.
  • edited January 2009
    One word; NO. Anyone saying "Sam & Max", Steve Purcell needs to approve (and I doubt he would). Second, anyone saying "Strongbad! Strongbad!", TBC needs to approve (and I doubt they would. and thirdly, anyone saying "Bone! Bone!" Jeff Smith needs to a- Y'know what? you should already be able to guess by now.
  • edited January 2009
    I don't know why ppl who never played home thinks it is full of prevs. Just don't use a female avatar. Home=glorifed chatroom, so whatever you seen in chatrooms is what you will see in home if you tried it. It isn't that bad if you want to go there and talk to ppl. It is bad, however, if you play it, thinkin it as the next the nex Sims.
  • edited January 2009
    Well, I mean I would enjoy a crossover game on PS3, I'm just saying it would be stupid to do it on Home, really only big companies will be able to do it. Small companies like Telltale probably wouldn't be able to, especially as they don't have one game on the system.
    Those are the cons.

The pro's are........... Well you get to see area's from the games outside the games! OMG!
  • edited January 2009
    Not to be mention unlimited replay value in the form of DLC.
  • edited January 2009
    Do you want to continuously pay for new content? And the only new content you could get in Home is clothes or houses. You can't take missions in Home, so Telltale could only make a room at most. And all the sponsored spaces in Home are glorified advertisements.
  • edited January 2009
    So you won't be able to buy guns from bubs and shoot people if not I heard home will eventually add pets and the cheat might make a good pet.
  • edited January 2009
    Maybe a kick the cheat doll
  • edited January 2009
    What commercial value would there be for Telltale? I mean they have no games on PS3, so the majority of PS3 gamers probably won't play PC games. It would probably make people think whatever games advertised would be on PS3, it's just too much hassle for too little gain.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.